Love #4 Fall / Winter 10.11 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Is it the same doll that was used for I the McQueen for Target campaign or something like that? I remember reading that the dolls were so rare and sought after.

Close, but the dolls used for the McQ campaign were actually Blythe dolls, popular in Japan and virtually the rest of the planet. Asian dolls and their Western counterparts are becoming quite an inspiration for designers, photographers, and stylists alike. That's why I think Buela came to be chosen for Love's cover, as Mert & Marcus, Katie Grand, and Marc Jacobs himself are and have been inspired by ball-jointed dolls in the past.

The ed is interresting like everytimes.
So nice to see julie Ordon :smile: great cast.

Agyness, Alessandra, Gisele & Lauren's covers are best. Not sure which one I'll get.
Alessandra is so different here, Gisele doesn't look like her at first glance, too much make-up imo, Agyness is so simple and striking as well as Lauren's one.
I don't like Sienna & Kelly covers and the mannequin, don't know what to say, the idea is good though.
"Baby It's You" - so many amazing women, but some of the shots are unappealing.

Sienna "the pin up" ? Pardon? If anybody is out of these cover stars, it's Kelly Brook. It should be Sienna.... "the one who won't go away" or "the one who took Jude Law back". Stop trying to make Sienna happen.

i wanna shake your hand:lol::lol:, could not have put it better myself

I bought the Sienna cover. I love it. I love that all the covers are different.

It's a really great issue. I love the content, the mag as a whole is really very cohesive.

"All About Eva" (This is a piece on Eva Cavalli)
Models: Joan Smalls, Guinevere Van Seenus, Cindy Crawford, Ming Xi
Photographer: Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott
Styling: Marie-Amelie Sauve

scanned in by me

Now that is the sort of content that makes me pay attention... but maybe it's because those are the type of shots I might see in UK Bazaar.

"Eva, saviour of the Cavalli empire" - it would come as no surprise to see that she's the real boss, because that man isn't in charge of his own mind.

^^ Thanks for scanning those, I like the Joan and Ming images.

This issue is soo terrible, especially as these images are just taken from Cavalli's book, and not actually by/for LOVE, and imo are the only good things inside this magazine...

No love for LOVE from me....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Farless AMAZING editorial

The fact that Kelly Brook is on the cover and Kerry Katona is inside, makes this issue laughable. Would not be surprised if Jordan's on the cover of the next issue. The lip liner makes Sienna's cover look trashy.:doh:

Abbey's preview seems nice. It's good to see she's actually trying to have a modeling career instead of just being a WAG. Whoever said the styling in "Baby It's You" editorial makes the girls look like prostitutes is so right.-_-

Another fail of an issue from LOVE.

i got ale's cover :D i was happy to see there was a good selection in wh smith!

On Top Of The World
M: Isabel Marant

Ginta
M: Ginta Lapina
Ph: Doug Inglish
S: Rachel Zoe

scanned by me

M: Stella Tennant
Ph: Bruce Weber
F: Joe McKenna

NOTE: NOT COMPLETE
scanned by me

Ginta's editorial is the single thing that could have held my attention so far, but unfortunately it's way too curt to actually hold my attention and make this issue a must-buy. As for the "Baby it's you" editorial... the most suitable word I can find to define it is simplistic. Simplistic styling, simplistic way to showcase the clothes (I get the impression the models weren't even asked to pose), simplistic setting... And I have to admire everyone behind those pictures' knack for making skilled models come off as completely potential-free :mellow:

btw, the last 4 pictures from love can be a part of a new roberto cavalli 40 years book, cause today i ve seen russian bazaar september and there was an article about cavalli birthday and many pics taken by Mert & marcus with guinevere on the same background (there are actually many models incl Kurkova, Wasson etc)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->