Love #4 Fall / Winter 10.11 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Luxx, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Alien Sex Friend

Alien Sex Friend Active Member

question to the owners of magazine: does main ed repeat all covers ot there s another shots? thats just for me to know in case if i cant buy preferable cover

2. McQueezy

McQueezy Member

All of the cover shots are repeated inside, and all cover stars are also in the main ed, except the doll :)

3. Alien Sex Friend

Alien Sex Friend Active Member

so thats a loong editorial, right? i supposed each girl has only 1 shot

4. McQueezy

McQueezy Member

Sorry ASF, apparently I’m blind. I had another look and only Rosie, Alessandra and Sienna are in the main ed, and Agyness has her own.
    The cover shots are accompanied by one page interviews with each star.

This issue actually isn’t that bad. A little generic but at least it isn’t full of the usual douchebags that Grand tries to shove down our throats.
    This is probably due to them bringing in people like Weber and Sauve, who I love.

I think the Dree and Hannah H editorial is stunning too. A total Lindbergh rip off but gorgeous nonetheless.

5. fearless123

fearless123 New Member

"Baby It's You"
    Models: Lara Stone, Ana Beatriz Barros, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Alessandra Ambrosio, Eliza Cummings, Sienna Miller, Anne Vyalitsyna, Ashley Smith, Alexa Chung, Noemie Lenoir, Devon Aoki, Barbara Palvin, Emily Didonato, Cameron Russell, Carmen Kass, Julie Ordon, Claudia Mason, Tori Praver, Magdalena Frackowiak, Kirsty Hume, Ilvie Wittek
    Photographer: Angelo Pennetta
    Styling: Katie Grand, Victoria Young, Sally Lyndley

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. fearless123

fearless123 New Member

(continued)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    scannd in by me

7. ForChicSake

ForChicSake New Member

8. Psylocke

Psylocke Active Member

Thanks for the scans!
    That editorial is horribly unexciting. So many beautiful women and so much potential but it's just...kind of bad? Alexa Chung's shot is the worst (and I love Alexa) :doh:

9. lovesick

lovesick New Member

Sienna Miller looks a cross between Emily Didonato and Masha. :lol: But I like the cover.

10. ALAUU

ALAUU New Member

Well, Katie Grand managed to make most of the women/models in the 'Baby It's You' editorial look like prostitutes. It's quite a hideous editorial. Maybe they thought that including a bunch of models in this editorial would mask the fact that this is actually a really bad editorial, but it didn't work.

11. avantgarde

avantgarde Member

ok pretty obsessed with this
    Anne V looks amazing <3_________<3

12. penny609

penny609 Active Member

Maybe that's not such a bad thing after all. And I sincerely wish our local prostitutes would be like that, wearing no makeup or just some light one for example :lol:

I don't see it as especially strong and innovative, I don't really like the casting as a whole but some of the shots truly got me and could even change my mind about the whole mag (I got quite tired when I saw all these covers and none that gives me the 'real thrill').

Willing to see more now, still not especially thrilled but curious in a good and that's a good debut I guess.

13. whysper

whysper New Member

At first I thought it was was too much of a Terry Richardson inspired shoot but then again, I was never a fan of his work but nevertheless the photos aren't enticing.

14. daddybuymeapony

daddybuymeapony New Member

Yes, they all look a bit cracked out! What a lame editorial.

15. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Best thing about that editorial is not the hint of anyone's tits, but the sight of Kirsty Hume's hair. When it grew back, a tiny bit of order was restored in the universe.

Lots of you won't remember this shining river of blondeness - or the moment of travesty, which was covered in a US Vogue feature, where you can clearly see the mood was more akin to planning a murder than a haircut (wonderfulworldofhair.tripod.com)

[​IMG]

16. mimirose

mimirose New Member

I think that I might buy this issue. I didn't want the last one but the previews have persuaded me.
    They've chosen great models for that ed - Magdalena F and Lara look stunning.

I'm looking forward to Abbey Clancy's editorial but really dislike Sienna's cover.
    The colouring on Agyness' is simply beautiful. I think that's my favourite cover along with Kelly's.

#336 mimirose, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited by moderator Veri'on: Aug 20, 2010
  17. nirvanana

nirvanana Member

Noémie looks great!

18. agee

agee Active Member

The Baby It's You ed is so random.

19. whippie

whippie Well-Known Member

I think Ale's cover is in the top 3 best. It's probably the most eye catching on the stands, with the contrast of red and black, but the tagline "The Angel" is a pathetic attempt at irony. However, in that ed, Ale reverts back to her so-so VS look. I would prefer if she bleached her brows, dyed her hair black, went into hiding for a few years untill everyone forgets her, gets herself re-scouted and starts a substantial HF career. Unlike Miranda, who can sway either way pretty easily considering how much comerciall work she has done, Ale can't (IMO) transition back and forth so smoothly. It's kind of stop, start, high, comercial, stop, start... it's kind of juddered , if anyone gets me?

20. marsnoop2

marsnoop2 Well-Known Member

not really following at all . . .