McQueen S/S 2025 Paris

I think overall it's much better he just needs to tap in a little more. The fashion industry is the only industry in the world a person is asked to design like another person no one asks a person to paint like Pablo Picasso no one asks a person to sing like Whitney Houston it's virtually impossible but in the fashion world it is asked of. This is a much better collection I can see things better on the store racks we can see shirts pants and cool jackets they need to Target a younger customer which is what they're trying to do. Obviously though they've lost a lot of customers that high-end customers who wants impeccable tailored suits they have to lure her in also the fun girl that wants a cool type nasty dress.

He's trying his best covering all the basics of McQueen adding a little theatrics I think the show set was much better he just needs to tap in a little bit more. I'm rooting for him only because he's interested and well there are very few people that can do that job. Right now after this show you need just to focus on sales advertisement and marketing it's a lot of work and it can be daunting.
There is an important distinction that's missed here.

The difference is that this designer is designing under another person's name, "brand" and legacy.

It is completely different than if, say, a NEW singer came along with her own name and style; why would anyone expect her to be at all like whitney houston?

in this case, by contrast, the expectations are precisely because the NAME on this thread is McQueen, so of course most fans, followers, or consumers will look for some semblance of who and what he stood for in his designs - the philosophy, even the ineffable elements - also in the fashion house he created.

Otherwise, why not take this new designer and start a completely NEW label or fashion house with no ties or expectations? Maybe some fashion houses SHOULD "die" when their creators do -- no?

He barely moved the needle regarding cohesiveness and having a clear pov. We can all agree that what he offered is scarcely decent, and this is why we see a crumb of improvement. However, this sophomore collection is another parade of House Codes that are at odds with each other. This looks like an extension of his debut collection and there is no more to that.

I prefer last season from an artistic pov, at least it was honest, and Sean put his heart and soul into it trying to create something new and original, say the knits or car stuff or the horseshoes (even if they are not very McQueen)

This collection has all the right reference points, but it is soulless
Why not give the job to Giles Deacon or Riccardo if you will reference them anyway? Or Dilara (not a fan of hers), but at least she wants it so badly and has a direction

There is an important distinction that's missed here.

The difference is that this designer is designing under another person's name, "brand" and legacy.

It is completely different than if, say, a NEW singer came along with her own name and style; why would anyone expect her to be at all like whitney houston?

in this case, by contrast, the expectations are precisely because the NAME on this thread is McQueen, so of course most fans, followers, or consumers will look for some semblance of who and what he stood for in his designs - the philosophy, even the ineffable elements - also in the fashion house he created.

Otherwise, why not take this new designer and start a completely NEW label or fashion house with no ties or expectations? Maybe some fashion houses SHOULD "die" when their creators do -- no?
Well because that's not how it works. all those people would have to be let go and you would have to start all over again with no popularity and no history or funding behind their name it rarely works in that way. Branding and sticking to a brand identity is very important but with McQueen it is very difficult he was a dark individual with a heavy pass so dark (and I love him) but I never want to see anybody like that ever again. So you have to build on the codes that he left behind But it will take time. The greatest to ever do this was Karl lagerfield but what karl did was just an illusion, Coco would have probably hated him. I say let's give him two or three more seasons. Anyways this young designer will be fired as so many designers have been fired. His best bet is to simply have fun the same way McQueen had fun givenchy enjoy the experiences used to work houses gain knowledge. That's simply all that can be done. But as McQueen said his self this house should have been closed down. But no one would ever be perfect for this house it's too difficult.

I prefer last season from an artistic pov, at least it was honest, and Sean put his heart and soul into it trying to create something new and original, say the knits or car stuff or the horseshoes (even if they are not very McQueen)

Why not give the job to Giles Deacon or Riccardo if you will reference them anyway? Or Dilara (not a fan of hers), but at least she wants it so badly and has a direction
It is very soulless, it's like they set him down and said we want this that and this. Giles Deacon is the only designer I can think of that would work well in this house.

its a no.

The poor tailoring alone is criminal at the house of Alexander McQueen

I know he won't last long because I went from buying 2 suits a season plus shirts, sweaters to nothing this Fall.

Last edited:
It looks like a diffusion line. It’s fine. But it’s not it.
That was my exact thought. It's like a high quality diffusion line, but a diffusion line nonetheless. It’s just barely ambitious enough to differentiate it from basic. While I’d like to blame him entirely, working for Kering must be a nightmare for creativity.

in regards taking a brand over :
you can't twist the notes of the song when you can't even read notes or know the song, this guy is not a artist not even a good producer there is lack on vision to the execution period!!!!!

bar is set lower and lower every season and still its not good enough.

I have no comments on this collection. It’s not atrocious but it’s not good either. So far, Paris fashion week has had no highlights. What happened?

I like the flou pieces but hate the shoes. And that poor girl at the finale make a slit and she can walk maybe?

For Christ sake, I'm so tired of fashion houses putting the sugar babies to improvise in the runway. It's so sick how everything has been diluted, cheapen and vulgarized in the recent years. McGuirr, Daniel Lee, M. Williams and so on, see the pattern?

The collection is weak and I still think the McQueen brand should close but at least, this collection looks like it could sell.
The execution is still wonky but the accessories are good.

I feel for the guy. Why did he accept this job for god’s sake!?

Riccardo is going to Chanel

This is Matthew Williams at Givenchy and Wang at Balenciaga
He doesn’t have what it take to proceed on what has been established by Sarah and certainly doesn’t have the talent and taste of Lee.
If you can’t even carry on the business with the tailoring skill which can be acquired by training and working really hard to self improve, then really, there isn’t even any fallback point for the established clients to come back for.
Also if cut out some Loewe look can be considered an improvement, I think ppl are being way to hard to Daniel Lee Kim Jones and MCG

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->