Model Casting F/W 17

CK was definitely in need of someone like Ashley to make it relevant again, cohesive and exciting from start to finish, and FINALLY, real diversity at a brand that should have been diverse from day one.

Lulu stole the show, in my opinion. The girl is definitely a star!
So happy for Leila Goldkuhl. Her first Brokaw show. :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Karolin at Calvin is already my highlight of the season! :heart: I hope she'll walk more shows.

Quite a weird cast in my opinion, and some very unfortunate choices..

I liked the cast at Calvin Klein, it was very diverse. However, the only "miscast" that I see would have been Sara Grace. Her look is too "fragile" (?) can't really explain it, but I would've gone with a stronger look such as Cara Taylor, or that's just me being a fan of hers :lol:
I like Sara Grace too, though.

^Totally agree about Sara Grace. She just looks out of place next to girls like Kiki, Sarah Brannon, and Lexi.

And it's fresh to have a Brokaw show with some unexpected faces. As much as I love her taste, her casts are typically all the same.

Major disappointment the cast at ck. I don't understand Ashley's obsession with all these "cool" girls. Nice to see Raf's favourites and Lulu though.

La Perla has best cast so far. love it (apart from kendall, i don't like her new hair)

Really happy that Leila is finally having her moment :heart:
Here's some of the casting board for Jason Wu and Calvin Klein.
instagram story: leilss4reals

Calvin was a good moment. I was excited to see Lulu's debut, but she reminds me a lot of Anna Grostina, and well...:(

I dug most of the (female) cast.

Except lulu just made her debut with a few campaigns and an Italian vogue September issue cover shot by meisel under her belt so there are no similarities there!

Truly an exceptional moment seeing her on the runway for the first time!

If this is the send out order, it looks like Cara Taylor is opening Wang? :buzz:

Guido really loves those scissors doesn't he? :lol:

ETA: Oh, no Vanessa Moody? That's rather surprising.

Alek Wek and Karolina at Cristian Siriano :shock: I have no words.... how much did he pay them to be in the crap-fest. Although I have to give him massive props for using so many plus size models.

Alex wants to be Vetements so bad :lol:

I miss his supermodels days....

Irina Kravchenko walked really well at Wang and I felt power from her

OMG Catherine McNeil's hair at Alexander Wang :shock: I never thought she would have a mushroom/penis haircut. I hope its a wig... doubtful. She'd better at least get the campaign for having to endure that hideous haircut.

Alexander Wang Fall 2017

tumblr_ol8mser2mM1v6qlsdo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ol8mser2mM1v6qlsdo2_1280.jpg

16228932_1425196304181618_527978963897679872_n.jpg

instagram.com/samandriano

I miss his supermodels days....

Me too. His casts were among the most anticipated around 2012/2013.

Now it's just a snoozefest. His awfully overused "gang" and those hideous haircuts that makes pretty girls look ugly.. :rolleyes:

Cara Taylor was great though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->