Patrick Robinson for Target

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
i know nothing about this designer, am i the only one?
from wwd, this morning.

GO PATRICK: So much for Target going international. After tapping New York designers Behnaz Sarafpour and Proenza Schouler to design limited-edition collections for its Go International initiative, the mass retailer is said to have signed Paco Rabanne's Patrick Robinson for its next limited-edition Go line. Robinson's capsule collection for the mass retailer is unlikely to hit stores before spring. The designer couldn't be reached on Wednesday, and a Target spokesman declined comment on "any future Go designers." But here's a word of advice: If the trend to select American designers continues, Target execs may want to think about renaming the program Go National.

haha at wwd. I'm excited to see this though prob. the most out of all the designers. He's worked in a lower priced market before with perry ellis and I hope has a good feel for this sort of thing. I just loved what he did at perry ellis, but not so much at paco rabanne. I really hope this will be good.

does he have any signature pieces?

when i think of paca rabanne i think low-slung baggy jeans and a smelly cheap cologne...

good news that he worked at perry ellis also.

lucy92 said:
does he have any signature pieces?

when i think of paca rabanne i think low-slung baggy jeans and a smelly cheap cologne...

good news that he worked at perry ellis also.

well, i dont know if Mr. Robinson himself has any signature pieces or look for that matter.

he started his career at Giorgio Armani, then he established hisown comppany which didnt last long enough for him to establish a look. that was his own.

he once did a low priced "urban" denim and t-shirt line called green tea.
i was happy for him at perry ellis as i liked what he did there more than what he did at paco rabane.

i am really happy for him as this allows him to" flex his design muscle" and reach a customer he has never beeen able to reach in any of his previous ventures

thank you for explaining zamb. i'm ignorant.

i'll be glad to see a line by a man of color at target:-)

could be interesting, but like zamb said, he has no "signature" look, so i have no clue what the pieces would look like...

glad the cat's finally out of the bag!...:P...
thanks for posting that lucy!...

target has really been on a roll lately...behanz, proenza, and now this :D

image and story from wwd. i like the image. its cute!

PATRICK'S NEXT TARGET: Target is all set for its next designer collaboration, with Patrick Robinson. The mass retailer has sent out invitations for the press launch of Robinson's collection for Go International at Target. The event will take place Jan. 17, from 5 to 7 p.m., at the Target Studio NYC, at 500 Seventh Avenue. The Paco Rabanne designer follows in the footsteps of fellow New Yorkers like Behnaz Sarafpour and Proenza Schouler, who have already created lines for the Go initiative. Details of Robinson's collection could not be learned — Target is notoriously tight-lipped about its activities — but it is widely expected to hit stores during the summer season.

Attachments

• patrick.jpg
    patrick.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,087
what is the picture from? Surely not the collection and just some sort of screen pic of him? I'm still excited about this but I could see it being a big flop just as much as a success (ie perry ellis v. paco rabanne. It's different I know but I think patrick robinson only works well in certain settings). Is anyone here going to the preview?

fresh? how so. I didn't find it fresh at all and it never seemed to really get off the ground.

The image is from the invite.

i bet there will be tanks with french dressings on them. you know, those little ropey black things around the shoulders.

i can see him doing summer clothes more than anything else, so this fits. his work is sort of preppy though, so it will carry over for the folks who love the proenza target stuff.

shoplocal.com already has some items listed! no pics yet. it does seem very preppy and very summery.

I haven't heard of him either before. Hm. I hope it doesn't suck though lol. I think a lot of them get too much attention for what they actually sell in Target...haha that probably didn't make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burgerdays
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->