Prada F/W 05.06 Milan

I agree about the grommets, they add a little edge to the very classic, feminine pieces.

Spike413 said:
Where the last few were overloaded with artisinal accessories and cutesy keychains, this one seems so much more mature and thought out. That riveted pillbox hat is so much more interesting then any robot.
I agree. It just goes to show that good design in the 21st century is not about silly gimmicks or 'irony' or overblown ideas and egos. It's about the rendering of a simplistic style and attitude that has at its center an honest desire to make men and women look and feel their best. Miuccia championed this about ten years ago when her brand of 'minimalism' was dominating the scene. It's a pity we've had to go through a decade of flash, trash, logos, and sex only to arrive back where we began. But I think this is definitely on the right track.

I'm not ready to sign my life away to this collection because we've only seen about 10 looks. But it definitely feels like the start of something new.

Last edited by a moderator:
metal-on-metal said:
It just goes to show that good design in the 21st century is not about silly gimmicks or 'irony' or overblown ideas and egos. It's about the rendering of a simplistic style and attitude that has at its center an honest desire to make men and women look and feel their best... It's a pity we've had to go through a decade of flash, trash, logos, and sex only to arrive back where we began. But I think this is definitely on the right track.
:clap:

Alura said:
It's safe but I like it!
personally, i wouldn't really consider it "safe"...but a new direction that fashion is moving in. i hope.

chris...i LOVE the grommets...!!...
can't believe how excited i am to see the rest...:lol:

i agree with your last post metal...too early for a final assessment but looking good...

metal, so agree about the 90's ness of the whole thing. i like the hats in the first pic but i don't know...this doesn't do anything for me. I loved f/w 03, s/s 04 and f/w 04 and after that nothing. And the hair is very reminiscent of donna karan from two seasons ago.

I liek this actually, it's nice to see fashion si returning to a mro streamlien look,it's nto enw, btu at least it's nto as played out as the retro-retro look.

^^that top looks like the applique is tribal masks. Anybody else notice that in the previous pic of it.

M-O-M--brilliant assesment, but I think the cycle had to happen for us to view this as refreshing. Otherwise we would be yawning.

(btw soft....I did grommets in 98....but on denim:wink: )

the pictures until now are great!!i think miuccia has done a great job.the styl is heavy very "chic" and feminine.i love the hats.i think that the collection has too dark colours but is romantic.is the next step for the previous collection.The new one ismore mature .I love this very '' lady chic''

prada03.jpg

I love this! Very Prada '94/'95 :heart:

toohipforbrooklyn said:
my god, the humanity!! an ASIAN model at prada!
I know! How wild and ridiculous! Maybe next season we'll actually see a BLACK model at Prada! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->