Prada F/W 10.11 Milan

BBaEC.jpg
0SxdB.jpg

SykS3.jpg
teMOi.jpg

5Lles.jpg

gettyimages

hmmm

Prada is becoming more wearable i see...

not full out hating it, but i don't love it either

Finally sth wearable. Colours and dresses were wonderful.

And I love the casting as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need to see the full collection asap,it's so confusing right now,the live streaming sucked and I could see just few outfits :glare:
The casting seems pretty weird too.

Isn't it too soon to revive the 50's, really? At least in Fall 2007, designers revived the old hollywood glamour. This collection is a total letdown compared to the previous one (the one with the prehistoric fur dresses and the roman gladiator/warrior skirts). Some girls looked like peasant women (the plaid dresses) and not in a good (D&G) way, others like secretaries (the cat's eyes glasses), some like amish people (the buttoned-up dresses). a few girls looked like Hitchcockian heroines. I found the post-war film noir reference spooky, pessimistic and inappropriate in those difficult times. The only thing I liked was the wool knitted sweaters. The were absolute lush.

Love the socks a lot and the shoes . I'd wear the socks myself :lol:

At one level it makes me think of the 'sincere chic' thing Miuccha was doing in the early naughties. Jackie O, 1962, Granny chic and couturish embellishment in places. None of which I was expecting, or wanting, to see this season.

However, there's enough quirk in the collection to make it interesting. And on trend. Enough 90's references in the grungy plaid and the fetishy pvc.

And when there was a look that, on the face of it, was just too straightlaced 'lady' - because the thrust of the collection made you seek out the quirk, the kink, the edge, somewhere but you didn't find it represented in the outerlayers - you came to think the counterpoint must lie beneath, unseen.

Ultimately an on point and successfully executed synthesis but because if there is a newness the novelty whispers rather than shouts, I suspect the reviews might be lukewarm.

this is actually a good collection
now that i am looking at the pictures
the coats are stunning and the stockings are adorable

i like most of the collection (the coats and some of the dresses are soo nice) but there are a couple of pieces i could have done without..
but i liked it overall. a good collection.

My first impression was some kind of subversive take on Hitchcock and his women. At least some kind of take on the 50's mixed with 90's Prada.

***no model talk here, please**
I love those crazy glasses:lol:

This looks nice, kinda boring though.
I love the prints and a few pieces but some of them are plain unflattering. I just wanted something a little more left field from Prada, this seems a little too.....expected?

Edit: & from what I can see I dig the shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->