Prada F/W 10.11 Milan

Watching the full video my overriding reaction was urghhh, and mostly it still is but there were a couple of nice dresses....I think on Rose and Ginta, some of the knitwear was passable and the some of the embellished coats were fairly nice. On the whole is was not good, vulgar capri pants and ill fitting coats. The stockings made a lot of the models look bow-legged (not a good look), the show itself was pretty shambolic with models walking in the wrong areas....and almost into each other.
Also lots of the printed coats/dresses were clearly rehashed from her collections not too long back.
Liked the hair and obvious Hitchockian overtones and Mad Men references all around.
A mess IMO..... and not a hot one.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I have to admit I love the pointed toe pumps :heart: Probably because they're done so subtly, not like I can accidentaly ram it into someone's leg.

i feel the same way. i generally dislike pointy toes but those red shoes are soo cute

i dont get why it's getting so much hate... It looks extremely prada to me... nothing new or shocking. and basically most of it is wearable, love the dresses and some of the coats, i could do without some of the prints/colors but i really like it overall

It feels just essentially Prada to me. I always love how seemingly unflattering her collections are, yet it's their strongest point :heart:

i pretty much love everything. i'm getting a hitchcock vibe as well. if hitchcock's lady was a nerd...

i don't even know how ridiculous i'll look, i NEED these glasses

ae1rv6.jpg

daylife.com

Last edited by a moderator:
have to admit.. im not a fan of the red knit on knit look. however i love the socks, they make me look forward to next winter :smile:

Yeah, pretty much, except I don't think this is even her best of or greatest hits though, nothing fresh or captivating or even missed here, it's F/W 05.06, F/W 08.09.. and bits of other collections in between. Her Italian widow/secretary phase has got to be one of her least interesting, and she keeps revisiting it oh so very often.
Not saying it's totally bad, even if some of the knits and embellishment look decent, I'm just not very enthusiastic to be exposed to this for the next 6 months in every publication. :ninja:

I actually quite like that period of her and even though the overall look and feel of this collection is not new, it somehow looks incredibly modern. Love it.

And might I add, I can't help but be reminded of this section of Dior Spring 2001 couture in shape, theme and of course in whatever's happening from the neck up:

100022940.jpg

style.com

I think the glasses are just ugly :ninja:
But I really liked the first shaped dresses and the embroidered coats

I cant remember the last time I liked Prada this much....Fall 2005 maybe?

I'm really liking her 1960s references here. Those glasses are literally straight out of the 60s. I swear to Neptune my mother still has some of the clothes from the 60s that look a LOT like this..... which can be a bad thing.
It seems very very similar to that last Miu Miu Pre Fall collection we saw. The socks, the shoes, the knits.

The shoes are too fantastic to be true, especially the ones with the bows on them.

Perhaps it's a bit more wearable, that's why I like it? But this is charming in its own old-fashioned way.
lol Mariacarla is the BITCHIEST secretary Ive ever seen.

Can someone please post the full collection if its available please?

can't wait to read what cathy horyn thinks about this. she ripped Prada a new one in her S/S collection write up.

The colours were much more vibrant when seen in real thing.Really sexy collection focusing on the boobs, that's why they had Douzen, Lara and Miranda(VS's angel). But from the seat I had I could not see Miuccia's apprearance.

Girls need to get a pair of the pointy heels or the really narrow belt with a bow.

Love the shoes!
The rest is so boring, except for some dresses.

it's F/W 05.06, F/W 08.09.. and bits of other collections in between
absolutely, and those were probably the only collections i liked of prada... which kinda makes me like this collection. wow, it feels weird :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->