F/W 14.15 Campaign Wishlist & Model Casting Discussion, Guesses and Reactions

Shupette by Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura: M: Shupette Ph: Karl Lagerfeld

PARIS Feline eyes and a pale complexion are definitely in. Just ask Choupette, Karl Lagerfeld’s famous, snow-white Siamese cat, who is to front a holiday makeup collection for Japanese brand Shu Uemura, WWD has learned.

Billing it as the first tie-up between a beauty name and a house pet, Shu Uemura is to unveil the range in the fall under the Shupette by Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura label.

This marks a return engagement for Lagerfeld, who did a 17-stockkeeping-unit line for holiday retailing in 2012 that shipped to some 400 doors under the Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura label. That range was based on a cartoon spokesmodel he dreamed up called Mon Shu, with red eyes, a jet-black bob and a wardrobe similar to the designer’s.

Press materials suggest the Shupette range is likely to include furry false eyelashes, and includes a quote from the cat, calling herself “queen of catnaps” and “social media’s most wanted.”
- wwd

lagerfeld-choupette01.jpg

The Tom Ford casting is awful. Yaya is the only model who I could see as a Tom Ford girl.

My ideal casting in order of the girls in the image would be Missy Rayder, Maryna Linchuk, Liya Kebede (Yaya is great as well), Sasha Pivovarova, Querelle Jensen, Julia Stegner, Mariacarla Boscono, Raquel Zimmermann

Who's Yaya? I thought she was a semi-relevant actress..

Yes, I also think Sasha is going to get Chloé since she opened the show and was meant to close it.

So... almost everything's out already. I must say again that this is the weirdest season ever. Everything's so... bad. The castings are so strange.

BTW, I&V didn't shoot anything important, right?

^ They shot Isabel Marant and maybe Chloe again.

I agree, awful season.

Yes, I know, but I meant bluechip. It's incredible, seven years ago they shot everything and this season they didn't get a single important campaign (maybe Chloé as you said, I hope so at least!).

The other day I was thinking about why everything feels so stale, 'done', and uninspired, and I don't get it. Maybe it's because the same people have been working for too long and they couldn't care less anymore? But at the same time, the new ones don't have that passion or that will to create something good...

Im suprised Imaan Hammam didnt get a single campaign, i thought she was going to slay
campaign season.

Almost all campaigns are out now. I can only think of Oscar de la Renta and Chloe.

It's very late for Chloe since it usually reveals its campaign in August issue.

Alexander Wang
Chloe
Stella McCartney
Nina Ricci (????)
Elie Saab (????)
Karl Lagerfeld
Sonia Rykiel
Belstaff
DVF
Oscar de la Renta
Prabal Gurung
Tommy Hilfiger
Lacoste
Just Cavalli
Altuzarra (????)

^ That tag seems to be thrown around heavily on the Chloé Instagram page.
I'm sure Sasha is solo on this one (if it is indeed for Chloé).

Let's talk about photographers...

Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott
Gucci, Versace, Givenchy, Salvatore Ferragamo, Stella McCartney, Dsquared2, Calvin Klein Jeans, La Perla
Gucci 'Jackie' Bag, Stella McCartney 'Stella' Fragrance, Calvin Klein 'Reveal' Fragrance

Steven Meisel
Prada, Miu Miu, Loewe, Moschino, Coach, Moncler Gamme Rouge
Dior Beauty, Swarovski

David Sims
Calvin Klein Collection, Calvin Klein Platinum, Bottega Veneta, Marc Jacobs, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Proenza Schouler, Sportmax
Marc Jacobs Beauty

Steven Klein
Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Alexander Wang
B.Balenciaga Fragrance

Inez & Vinoodh
Chloé, Isabel Marant, Jason Wu, Hugo Boss, Anthony Vaccarello, Juicy Couture, Ermenegildo Zegna

Peter Lindbergh
Louis Vuitton Menswear, Alberta Ferretti, Jimmy Choo, Hugo Boss Orange
David Yurman

Juergen Teller
Louis Vuitton, Céline, Sonia Rykiel, Vivienne Westwood

Mario Sorrenti
Balmain, Max Mara, Emilio Pucci
Calvin Klein ck one Fragrance, Max Mara Accessories

Karim Sadli
Jil Sander, Jil Sander Navy, McQ Alexander McQueen, Diesel Black Gold, Giuseppe Zanotti

Karl Lagerfeld
Chanel, Fendi, Dior Homme

Annie Leibovitz
Louis Vuitton, Prada Menswear

Willy Vanderperre
Christian Dior, Dior Homme Notes of a Day, Raf Simons

Mario Testino
Burberry, Etro, Stuart Weitzman

Tim Walker
Lanvin, Mulberry
Givenchy 'Dahlia Divin' Fragrance

Last edited by a moderator: