Top 10 New Faces S/S 10

I think this season will be a hard season to call. There's an abundance of new faces, all doing reasonably okay, but only a couple have really made an impact. Milan feels almost like a sham... the real test will be Paris when some of the big names return to the game.

My locks at this point are:

Frida Gustavsson
Lindsey Wixson
Mirte Maas

I think this thread would be more effective with pictures since many of these women aren't well-known.

Mirte, Lyndsey, Patricia, Lisanne, Bregje, Jacqueline.

Mirte Maas, Frida Gustavson, Ranya Mordova and Vanessa Hegelmaier :smile:

For me thusfar, it's Mirte, Bregje, Lyndsey and Jacquelyn that sound shoe-in for any list. For the rest, I'll await Paris...

Keke Lindgard did pretty good too in Milan, but we will have to wait and see what will happen with her in Paris.

Another MDC Top 10: Mirte Maas

35cript.jpg

Mirte Maas/Women Model Management Image courtesy of Women NY

It is a rare thing, but it happens. That is for a first season girl to log massive bookings in overlapping cities. It happened with Natasha Poly and now her agency mate Mirte is looking like a SS10 star. From her opening slots in NYC for Donna Karan and Alexander Wang as well as walking Marc Jacobs and Calvin Klein through to a flawless Milan season (Prada, Jil Sander, Versace) there is no new girl with a more pristine runway run this season. Paris looms next but beyond that you can already feel all the great editorial and campaModel Linkign forces polishing up their bids for this girl’s emphatic presence.

source: models.com

Top 10 Newcomer SS 10: Kate Kosushkina

kate28.jpg

The Spring runway season tends to see a swing towards user-friendly beauty as designer seek to cast girls suitable for collections driven by the idea of color, lightness, print and pattern. Filling that need but with an interesting layer of individuality is Supreme’s Kate Kosushkina. This newcomer has been a consistent presence in New York via Marc Jacobs and Marc by Marc followed by her closing slot at Prada in Milan with her Paris booking already locking her in place as a certified breakthrough. More importantly those blue chip clients are beginning to mesh her into their future plans. That is a great advantage these days in a runway market growing more and more random.

models.com

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd have to say maybe jeneil williams and hanna rundolf? atleast i think they're new, and they each did quite a hefty handful of shows :smile:

^I think this is Hanna's second season. Shr had her breaktrough as a new face last year.

Patricia van der Vliet might make the list :D The Dutch wonder is only doing BIG shows: BCBG (opened), Herve Leger, Prada (EXCLUSIVE), Balenciaga (closed) & Nina Ricci:D

Top 10 Newcomer SS 10: Jacquelyn Jablonski:clap:
j29.jpg

Image courtesy of Ford NYC

Score one for All-American beauty as Ford’s Jacqueline Jablonski continues her sensational streak across the SS10 show season. Jacqueline racked up a slew of cool emerging designer shows in NYC as well as earning berths in the BCBG and Marc by Marc line-up. After Prada in Milan and Balenciaga in Paris all very directional eyes are now swinging towards this girl as she swings into the season’s homestretch. Jacqueline has of course already proven her on-camera worth via edits in V magazine and a CK Jeans POS booking that bodes very well for her future.

models.com

I didn't think my girl R'el would make it, but after her appearance at Dior......along with Valentino which she booked months ago, I'll think she'll be a fixture on the top ten lists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacquelyn, Keke and R'el are my picks.

I'm expecting Anastasia Kuznetsova to be next up for MDC top 10.. she is having a very consistent season

Ginta Lapina.. oooh forgot about her, she should be on top 10 also, only newcomer to do Balmain if I recall correctly..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->