Top 10 New Faces S/S 10

We know. But style.com seems to think so..

Kendra made the list last season.. she definitely wasn't new right? definitely.

But if we are talking about brand new girls then it would be about Mirte, Frida, Jacqueline, Patricia, Kate, Keke

Because then technically Anastasia and Bregje aren't new either

Last edited by a moderator:
Kendra is not new at all! She must not be in a list!!!

STYLE considers a model "new" even if it's her 2nd or 5th season, as long as she does well in Milan & Paris :D oh! they also love diversity :wink: So Shu Pei, Lyndsey, R'el, Gracie or Kelly can still make it as long as they finish on top this week :D My lock-ins for the Top 10 are Jacquelyn/FORD, Mirte/WOMEN, Frida/IMG & Anastasia/NEXT; Ginta, Patricia, Keke & Bregje might make it too :D

^ i guess they must not know the definition of new.:rolleyes:

those are my locks right now as well.. pretty diverse in terms of agencies..

I think if Lyndsey Scott can do 2-3 top shows she will be a lock as well.

I was going to wait until tomorrow to post this, but I couldn't :lol:

This is my prediction of Style.com's Top 10 List (Assuming their definition of "Newcomer" doesn't go beyond too many significant seasons), with consideration to the trends in their previous list selections as well as how they would give balanced recognition to as many of the NYC agencies (A primary market for the site) as possible:

Anastasia Kuznetsova / Next (All-around impressive)
Bregje Heinen / Women Direct (Momentum kept building as time went on)
Frida Gustavsson / IMG (All-around impressive)
Jacquelyn Jablonski / Ford (All-around impressive)
Keke Lindgard / Wilhelmina (Unexpected surprise, special Wilhelmina/Hawaii shoutout)
Lyndsey Scott / Click (Sophomore season breakthrough)
Mirte Maas / Women (All-around impressive)
Nicole Hofman / ? - Presumably Marilyn because of Marilyn Paris (Europe breakthrough)
Patricia Van de Vliet / NYMM (Strong season, Marsh goto girl, interesting backstory with HNTM)
Ranya Mordanova / Supreme (Sophomore season breakthrough)

...sorry DNA, Elite, and One? :neutral:

very nice list Faith.. it'll be interesting to see other's predictions. I will wait though until Wednesday.. so I can make up my mind for the last 2-3 spots.. and I also have a final tomorrow lol.

My goal this season is to get 8/10 right haha..

...sorry Elite and One? :neutral:

Well at least Elite had Hannah Holman.. she didn't do quite enough to make a top 10 list, but she did some good shows... and maybe she will do Chanel? I am keeping my fingers crossed for her.

But as for One.. yes sorry indeed.. OMY (Oh my Ymre!!).. none of their potential breakouts broke out.. much. AT ALL.

^^Thanks - can't wait to see yours as well :shifty: I really wanted to wait until Chanel, Chloe, and Valentino...but my fingers were itching, haha.

Yes, I think Hannah did very well considering she doesn't have a typical runway look, but the other contenders just edged her out for me - MAYBE tomorrow will change everything, though :o

I am mainly waiting for Chloe, Miu Miu, and LV.. who knows though maybe Chanel will open with a new face (cmon!! Hannah!!) :D

^I just need the major shows tomorrow to affirm some of my choices :lol: In terms of Style.com I doubt if they'll choose anyone based on just Miu Miu (A la Luisa K.) anymore...and the casting should be similar to Prada unless the collection is completely contradictory.

LV would definitely be another final affirmation as well, though. All in all it's hard to believe another season has almost come and gone!

My list will mostly be like that too Faith but I agree with Charlotte, I'll wait until Paris fashion week is over :D Of all the newcomers, my favorites are Jacquelyn & Keke (props to Ford & Wilhelmina) :D

^Gah, I wish I was more patient! :blush:

And oh, I guess we're going to post our personal top 10s in this thread as well? If so then mine is significantly different than that Style.com prediction list :lol: And this one is unlikely to change before Paris ends:

1) Ieva Laguna (Even though I apparently still can't ID her half the time...but hey, it speaks to her versatility?)
2) Auguste Abeliunate
3) Julija Steponaviciute
4) Hind Sahli
5) Lisanne de Jong
6) Sharon Kavjian
7) Taylor Kraemer
8) Lyndsey Scott
9) Frida Gustavsson
10) Jacquelyn Jablonski

Yeah my style.com top 10 list will be pretty similar to Faith's :blush: :P

But I think Keke, Patricia and Nicole Hofman are the only girls who I might switch out, I will wait for the shows in the next 2 days to see what happens ^_^

But you do give a good point about the agency diversity though :unsure:

^Well, that's what I'm hoping they'll base some choices on, anyway, then I can also reach a goal of at least 8/10 :lol:

I did neglect to see that Nicole is with Marilyn Paris, though (Beyond Why Not Milan), so there goes my DNA presumption...

oh Ok so Nicole becomes your Marilyn girl.. do you think theyd give it to Lindsay Wixson, she is also with Marilyn (assuming she walks Miu Miu exclusive). I think she is more memorable, but they don't tend to give nods to exclusives.. although they did with Suvi.. so you never know i guess :unsure:

My list so far:

1.) Anastasia/NEXT
2.) Bregje/WOMEN DIRECT
3.) Frida/IMG
4.) Ginta/WOMEN
5.) Jacquelyn/FORD :clap:
6.) Mirte/WOMEN
7.) Patricia/NYMM
8.) Shu Pei/NEXT

9 & 10: Lyndsey/CLICK, Kelly/ELITE, Nicole/MARILYN, R'el/MARILYN or Keke/WILHELMINA :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->