Top 10 New Faces S/S 10

Top 10 Newcomer SS10 : Lisanne de Jong

lisanne33.jpg

Lisanne/Elite New York, Joy Models,Nathalie Models Image courtesy of Elite New York

Lisanne started with a swift lift off in NYC which led to her Prada exclusive in Milan followed by berths in the Balenciaga show as well as an opening slot at Miu Miu. Suddenly this Dutch stunner is on the map as one of the most requested girls of the Spring 10 season. Add her impeccable personal style to the mix and her memorable presence and you certainly have all the makings of a future editorial star.

models.com

Top 10 Newcomer SS 09: Debora Muller

deborah36.jpg

Debora/1 Model Management Image courtesy of One Mgmt

Stealth sensation Debora Muller cruised through the final days of the Paris shows with bookings for Miu Miu, Celine and Dries van Noten. Interestingly enough that last burst of runway bookings triggered a major campaign options for Ms Muller proving that clients are poised to throw that element of surprise into the Spring 2010 bookings.

models.com

Ms. Muller? That is a strange choice.. maybe possibly.. but they still haven't acknowledged other girls who have had better runway presence. And if they are just going by campaign options, what if that doesn't pan out? I think they should have waited for more substantial news?

I was surprised with Debora too ;0 Maybe she booked Miu Miu ad? Bregje, Lyndsey, Shu Pei and Ginta are still not up, oh well...style might recognized them though

Debora's appearance among the Top Ten girls is a bit strange indeed (she has done pretty well but defenitely not significantly better than some other girls like you mentioned) and compared to Mirte, Lisanne or Lindsay she has already walked some S/S09 shows. Nevertheless: if she really gets the Miu Miu campaign - I'm more than happy for her :smile:

Well MDC has always been more liberal with their choices, so recognizing Debora isn't too strange to me...plus the site is still more NY-focused, and that's where Debora had an above average start to the season. It's nice for me to see her name somewhere, at least :smile:

How much does she look like Sofi Berelidze in that picture though? Wow.

STYLE.COM's Top 10 Newcomers: The new faces we're buzzing about

We loved seeing Miranda Kerr at Balenciaga and a seven-months-pregnant Jourdan Dunn at Jean Paul Gaultier, but we're happy to report that Spring was one of the healthiest newcomer seasons in recent memory. With first-name-onlys like Raquel and Coco and recent stars such as Sigrid Agren and Toni Garrn making very select appearances, if not sitting out the month entirely, the door was wide open for some lithe young things to make their mark. —Romney Leader

1. anastasia kuznetsova (next)
thumb01.jpg

What's a fashion season without a powerhouse Russian commanding front-row attention? Anastasia Kuznetsova made some buzz in New York when she took opening honors at Rodarte, Hervé Léger, and 3.1 Phillip Lim, but the little matryoshka didn't slow down until Miu Miu in Paris.

2. bregje heinen (women direct)

thumb02.jpg

We're smitten with this Dutch teen's edgy-adorable features. Stella McCartney is, too: Bregje Heinen was the only new face on the roster at the designer's Spring show. She also made appearances at Lanvin and Balenciaga. Oh, and her name? It's pronounced brechk-ye.

3. constance jablonski (marilyn)
thumb03.jpg

OK, this isn't Constance Jablonski's first season, but the French export did land on more runways than any other model, including Balmain's all-star lineup. With her tawny locks and cheekbones you could slice a baguette with, the question is, what took everybody so long?

4. frida gustavsson (img)

thumb04.jpg

A wannabe stylist and self-professed geek, Frida Gustavsson may be just as happy playing computer games as she is posing, but with her mile-long legs, this Stockholmer is a natural on the runway. Just ask Jil Sander's Raf Simons or Dries Van Noten.

5. jacquelyn jablonski (ford)
thumb05.jpg

Jacquelyn Jablonski (no relation to Constance) hails from the same shoreside town as Bruce Springsteen, so it's no surprise that this New Jersey catwalker was (sorry, we couldn't help ourselves) born to run. Her sporty good looks made her a shoe-in at MaxMara and Celine.

style

6. keke lindgard (wilhelmina)
thumb06.jpg

Hoops phenom Keke Lindgard skipped the start of her sophomore year at a Hawaii high school, but for good reason. After winning a local modeling competition, she was swiftly added to the Spring '10 circuit. A stellar run in Europe made this all-American girl the season's dark-horse story.

7. lyndsey scott (click)

thumb07.jpg

Lyndsey Scott made headlines last season as the African-American with a Calvin Klein exclusive. This time around, the New Jersey native booked Prada and Gucci—quite a feat for someone who was scouted only after posting her own headshot online.

8. mirte maas (women)
thumb08.jpg

Mirte Maas hails from a quiet town in southern Holland, so we'll forgive the Alexander Wang opener for looking, well, terrified as she took to the designer's cement runway for her debut. When it came time to take first-exit honors at Yves Saint Laurent, though, her perfected stride and icy stare looked just right.

9. patricia van der vliet (new york models)
thumb09.jpg

Did you know that the Prada show featured a third-runner-up from Next Top Model? Patricia van der Vliet competed in Holland's Cycle 4, but it wasn't until she got the ax that her career took off. We bet Tyra wishes she could boast a discovery who would go on to close Balenciaga and open Louis Vuitton.

10. shu pei qin (next)
thumb10.jpg

You may recognize Shu Pei Qin from previous Chanel Haute Couture shows (and a number of other runways), but there's no denying that the frequent Vogue China girl exploded in Europe this season. The Shanghai native turned up at Fendi, Marni, and Alexander McQueen.

style

^Indeed. But except for that it's a pretty good list.

I got 9/10...Constance was a surpise, it should've been Ginta or Hannah :wink:

^I got 9/10 as well, but we had the same predictions :D

Oh darn, well at least it's 9/10 for me as well :lol: Constance is a definite surprise! But from the list I do see that my agency diversity prediction was correct :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, late to the party once more. 9/10 (no Ranya)! I'm honestly happy for Constance. I mentioned and entertained the idea of putting Constance on my list but under the influence of others, I changed my mind. Damn me being so malleable and indecisive. :lol:

The majority of us had Constance on our lists for S/S 09 :innocent:

Good list otherwise. Strong group of girls (although I can see Anastazia and Keke fading quickly).

^ Well I know that. The S/S 09 list was a fluke with their attempts at agency diversity, some deserving girls weren't on the list because of that. Just saying it would've been a shame that she was completely ignored for forever (since this is her strongest season to date with A LOT of blue chip shows)? At least that's my opinion.

And yeah, I don't see Anastasia K lasting either. :innocent:

Oh, that wasn't in response to your post! Just to style.com's list :lol: Sorry.

but I agree with your point that it's good they finally recognized her.

Still their whole "the question is, what took everybody so long?" makes me laugh. She may not have walked the most shows out every girl, but her previous 2 seasons were still good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->