US Vogue February 2014 : Lena Dunham by Annie Leibovitz

kewkaw

Reaction score
525322_10152120876197279_452910559_n.jpg

facebook.com/vogue

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...certainly different from the usual U.S. Vogue covers, mainly Lena's facial expression. I suppose this is what makes it more atypical.

The image of Lena actually reminds me of a picture I would see on the cover of a TV catalogue or an entertainment magazine.

If it weren't for the dumb look on her face that preview shot would be nice. I have no words for the cover.

^Yeah this is very Rolling Stone or Entertainment Magazine.

I don't know whether I like the new direction or not, I am very confused by it

Really happy to see Lena on the cover of Vogue! Not sure if the facial expression works. I'm guessing they were going for 'hot-under-the-collar'/'fish out of water'/'surprised I'm here, but I'm gonna make it work anyway' kind of thing with the pose/slightly shocked look; but if they were they should have either pushed it more (so it was super obvious,) or just abandoned it altogether. What I mean to say is, if they were gonna do 'goofy' they should have really done it and not this slightly washed out version. I like the preview shot, excited to see the rest! Overall, it's not the best but I'm really happy Lena is on the cover :smile:

The image of Lena actually reminds me of a picture I would see on the cover of a TV catalogue or an entertainment magazine.

This is exactly what I thought. It looks like the cover of Entertainment Weekly, not Vogue.

I don't care for the cover image but I love the small amount of text.

I love it. I think the puzzled expression on her face works.

i think its an homage to a twiggy image from the 60's. i like it.

I love it and I agree, I thought it harkened back to 1960s Vogue covers. I also like that the hair, makeup, and shirt she's wearing all feel like slightly better versions of her usual style. Vogue hasn't tried to change her image.

First Adam Driver held a goat over his shoulders for Vogue, now Lena, what's next?!

I'm not her biggest fan, but I think this cover image is very appropriate and suits her. I personally wouldn't call her the new queen of comedy, but when you're selling someone as a funny lady as opposed to a serious starlet, then it makes sense to have them posing in a way that is a little weird, or off-kilter.

That said, I find the accompanying editorial to be rather charmless. Lena has a certain awkward cuteness that the pictures don't quite capture. The addition of the hulking, neanderthal-esque Adam Driver ads nothing to the pictures. He's an eyesore on every level - I get that he's a part of the cast and a prominent young actor but oy vey, if there was ever a time to trot out a male model this was the time.

The styling on this is great though. All the choices work for her - I hope she ran off with all the clothes after the shoot :rofl:

I like that she looks like herself unlike her previous Interview cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->