US Vogue February 2014 : Lena Dunham by Annie Leibovitz

The Sasha's ed is stunning, is so natural & the features are fine, but the other don't excites me.

Haven't seen her show but wow Lena packs a punch! Anyone else see a resemblance to Trish Goff? the cover is mediocre, the usual US Vogue fair; with some better art direction this shot could've been saved.

Love the playful elegance of the Moonves ed. now she styles a lean, mean ed. She's gonna go far. Sasha look beautiful in those shots. the touches of robins egg blue really lights up her face and piercing blue eyes. other than that nothin really got me jazzed enough to go out and buy this issue.

"Kicks Start" - Vogue February 2014
Photography: Inez and Vinoodh
Fashion Editor: Grace Coddington
Models:Joan Smalls and Riccardo Tisci
for his new collaboration with NIKE.

facebook.com/FashionSambapita

Wow I&V working with Grace Coddington. Very interesting. I can't imagine it's only for this small feature.

Ok.. I actually had a dream I was dating Lena Dunham! I'm not even kidding.. And given the fact that I've never seen Girls I blame this solely on this thread. This has never happened with any other magazine cover btw.

"Kicks Start" - Vogue February 2014
Photography: Inez and Vinoodh
Fashion Editor: Grace Coddington
Models:Joan Smalls and Riccardo Tisci
for his new collaboration with NIKE.

do not repost images when quoting
facebook.com/FashionSambapita

Oh I love this picture!

I love Sasha's ed too. I was hoping there would be an article about her career as an artist though too...? :/

I'm definitely buying this one though. I almost hate it when US Vogue and British Vogue deliver the goods - I'm running out of magazine shelf space, dammit! :o

Last edited by a moderator:
"Beauty: Wild Kingdom"
Model: Gertrud Hegelund
Photographer: Ben Hassett
Stylist: Kathryn Neale
Hair: James Rowe
Makeup: Marla Belt

ebook3000.com

"The Talk of the Town"
Models/Stars: Alex Wagner & Sam Kass
Photographer: Norman Jean Roy
Stylist: Natasha Royt
Hair: Edward Lampley
Makeup: Kristen Gallegos

ebook3000.com

"Hitting It Big"
Models/Stars: Adam Green & Alex Timbers
Photographer: Steven Klein
Stylists: Phyllis Posnick & Michael Philouze
Grooming: Thom Priano
Makeup: Carla White

ebook3000.com

misc. shots

Show Your Colors
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Models: Irene Hiemstra, Sam Rollinson & Malaika Firth
Styling: Phyllis Posnick
Hair: Julien D'Ys
Make Up: Aaron De Mey
Nails: Lisa Logan

Article

ebook3000.com

Lena Dunham is sooooo NOT Vogue! She may be super-talented actress/writer and she may have an amazing persona (I have never watched the "Girls" so I can't tell), but she is simply not a model and ESPECIALLY not a Vogue material. For what it's worth, I don't like Kim Kardashian either, but Kanye West is totally right: choosing Lena over Kim for US Vogue is just insulting and ridiculous! :wacko:

Btw, here are the unretouched images from Lena Dunham's Vogue shoot:

19crdc425wam5gif.gif

jezebel.com

Last edited by a moderator:
It's 2014, comments about who is consider "Vogue Material" are so redundant.

^ Totally, that is such a ridiculous comment! First dsimissing Lena off, and saying she is not "Vogue material" while claiming someone like KK is, and should be on the cover instead is just mind blowing to me!

Secondly, those unretouched images PROVE she was touched up only minimally, they didn't change her shape, or transform her into another human, so i dont get how posting them should make a point for anything. There is regular airbrushing that all mags do, Vogue gets major points for not messing too much (like they have in the past with their other cover subjects) with Dunham. Imo

It's nice to see she wasn't touched up too much, the editorial and the cover does represent her quite well I feel. For the cover shot it's mostly her hair and her eye make up they alter to be fair, everything else is essentially already there!

Lena is at no fault here, it's the utterly lifeless photographer.

Well tho i'm still not a fan of the cover, I'll still choose Lena over any kardashians

There is regular airbrushing that all mags do, Vogue gets major points for not messing too much (like they have in the past with their other cover subjects) with Dunham.
Exactly. It's minimal here and it's completely de rigueur anyway. I'd certainly much rather see Lena on Vogue than that ridiculous blowup doll Kim; put Kim on the cover and THAT would be real cause for mutiny, because what the hell does she represent? At least we can be assured that Lena has a functioning brain.

And P.S. Zorka, most people on the cover of US Vogue are not models. Lena being "simply not a model" has all of zero relevance.

I don't get it, they do this ugly photoshop on every single celebrity in every issue, what's the surprise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->