US Vogue June 2016 : Margot Robbie by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

#6 - Hop to It (6 pg)
PH: Annie Leibovitz
Style: Phyllis Posnick
Celebs: Shameik Moore, Mamoudou Athie, Justice Smith, Herizen Guardiola, Lillias White, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Tremaine Brown Jr, Jaden Smith, and Skylan Brooks

#7 - Present Tense (4 pg)
PH: Thibault Montamat
Style: Phyllis Posnick
Celebs: Emma Cline and Yaa Gyasi

US Vogue June 2016 Digital Edition

A REVOLUTION ON BROADWAY
PHOTOGRAPHER: MIKAEL JANSSON
MODEL: JOAN SMALLS
TALENT: LIN-MANUEL MIRANDA, LESLIE ODOM JR, HELENE YORK, MICHAEL ZEGEN, RUSSELL TOVEY, REED BIRNEY, CYNTHIA ERIVO, ADRIENNE WARREN, THOMAS KAIL, MICHAEL ARDEN, SAVION GLOVER, SARA BAREILLES, STEPHEN KARAM, DANAI GURIRA, IVO VAN HOVE, JAMES CORDEN, TAVI GEVINSON, SOPHIE OKONEDO, BEN WHISHAW, SAOIRSE RONAN, AKOSUA BUSIA, ZAINAB JAH, PASCALE ARMAND, LUPITA NYONG’O, SAYCON SENGBLOH, JONATHAN GROFF & TIM PIGOTT-SMITH
STYLING: CAMILLA NICKERSON
HAIR: SHAY ASHUAL
MAKE-UP: DIANE KENDAL

IN UHQ.

VISUALIZING.FASHION

Wow the angle and make up make Grace look just like a clone of a young Adriana in that Demarchelier shot.

Oh US VOGUE...You try so hard yet deliver so little.

Your ensemble cast editorials are chaotic, eyesores.

your single subject studio shots dismal and mind-numbingly boring, void of any lasting artistic or graphic impact.

there's not a single memorable image in the issue.

All That Glitters: No Tabitha piling on ten zillion pins onto a jacket isn't original nor are the close-up shots particularly exciting. teenVOGUE could do better.

Get Up Stand up: Jamie, yes I understand you like models distracted with their backs to you but in doing so you never reveal nor add anything to the story. and it always looks as though a cat peed all over your photographs. they always look so dingy.

Girl Gone Wild: next. ZzzZzz

Yet another painfully tedious, over the top Beauty shot starring Grace. that's a shocker.

Yet another painfully tedious, over the top Beauty shot starring Grace. that's a shocker.

Yeah, I'm also not impressed with it. It seems they just took their same old recipe and applied it to bronzing. This demure pose may work wonders for edits featuring bleached hair, kohl eyes or make up which looked like they dusted flour on her face. But it does nothing for bronzing.

A bit surprised that Vogue is still so pro-bronzer and anti-sunbed (will have to finish the article when I get my issue). Did this woman even do her research? Bronzers are made up of so many harmful chemicals. Is there still a market for this even? Dr Mercola rationalised that one can actually get a decent dose of Vit D in addition to working a tan, if the quality of the UV lamp is good. And of course, if done in moderation. But who would believe him?

I think the bronzing looks beautiful actually! Reminds me of that beyond cool Albert Watson portrait from the nineties with the little golden guy... And the hellenic styling and her pose look calm and serene... I'm into it.

A REVOLUTION ON BROADWAY is sending me major Annie Leibovitz vibes - not a fan.

All That Glitters is a mess. I love Willy's work but this is just a photoshop mess.

And I can't get enough of Jamie's editorials. Love them all and this one is so sweet and perfect! Jamie Hawkesworth should be doing covers!

As much as I like Margot Robbie and happy that she got the cover. I would have loved to see Joan Smalls get the solo cover and keep the same editorial + plus a fresh swimsuit editorial as well.

I just got my issue so I'm ready to head dive into reading it.

I think this is a fantastic issue of US Vogue! Every edit sings.

Margot's video is hilarious! Love the view from her deck. haha.

She's pretty much impossibly gorgeous.

I have this issue, in print is just perfection the cover and the editorial:woot:

I resent the fact that the photo of wet Alexander does not appear on a single page:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefashionfetishist
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->