US Vogue November 2011 : Rooney Mara by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Vogue covers have always had text for newstand buyers. Not sure why it comes up as a critique of every Vogue cover. It's old news.

I do think Vogue should have a subscriber cover with no text like Bazaar.

Feel I've been reading about the movie for ages. I can appreciate the dress here, fitting and appropriate, resulting in a strong cover.

Rooney seems promising, but why a cover before fellow promising young actresses that have already proved themselves such as Emma Stone, Jennifer Lawrence, Mia Wasikowska and Elizabeth Olsen?

Because none of them are in one of the most anticipated movies of 2011?"

I really like this, because I was expecting it to be very light and girly. Last year she was in the Nightmare on Elm Street remake and now she's on the cover of Vogue, who would have guessed. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm mesmerized, what a stunning cover. They captured her new dark look, but in a super glamorous way. She looks like a model here, so elegant. The styling is on point too, that Ralph Lauren dress was a smart choice.

A very beautiful cover, indeed. Rooney is a beautiful girl who has a talent as well so I'm glad that she scored her second major fashion magazine cover in a year. Well, I don't know why but I consider this one as the real major thing. It's a very nice cover shot plus I love how they chose that dress for her to wear on the cover. Honestly, if someone didn't post that runway photo, I wouldn't know that she's wearing Ralph Lauren. Because it's like the dress is specially tailored for her and most especially because of the dragon thingy on the back of it. ^_^

Good job US Vogue! Looking forward to the review. :smile:

Surprise, surprise.

The cover is photographed by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott.

Call In The Cavalry

Photographed by : David Sims
Styling by : Grace Coddington
Models : Jeremy Irvine & Arizona Muse

Pride Of A Nation

Photographed by : Norman Jean Roy
Styling by : Lawren Howell
Models : Alexa Adams, Brooklyn Decker, Flora Gill, Max Osterweis, Erin Beatty, Yaya DaCosta,
Dana Lorenz, Charlotte Free, Michelle Ochs, Karlie Kloss, Carly Cushnie, Pamela Love, Joanna Newsom,
Lakshmi Menon & Soraya Silchenstedt, Joseph Altuuzarra, Claire Courtin-Clarins, Lauren Santo Domingo,
Lily Kwong, Abbey Lee Kershaw, Shane Gabier, Chris Peters, Ben Barnes, Antonino Azzuolo, Carlos Campos & Theophilus London

Nautical Signals

Photographed by : Craig McDean
Styling by : Camilla Nickerson
Model : Lara Stone

Swept Away

Photographed by : Patrick Demarchelier
Styling by : Grace Coddington
Models : Caroline Trentini & Eloise Burke

Steal Of The Month

Photographed by : Sebastian Kim
Styling by : Jessica Sailer
Model : Emma Stone

That sounds like an amazing review. Can't wait for Nautical Signals... and Charlotte Free on US Vogue? I never would've expected in a million years!

Wow! Mert & Marcus first US Vogue cover! :buzz: Now that's a real MAJOR. Now I can't wait to see Rooney's editorial! Looking forward to see the editorials by Sims, McDean and Demarchelier.

M&M shooting the cover of US Vogue? Now that's a great development. The review sounds really good; can't wait for Lara's and Arizona's eds. Thanks a lot for the review surrealseven.

That sounds like an amazing review. Can't wait for Nautical Signals... and Charlotte Free on US Vogue? I never would've expected in a million years!

IKR! :shock: And yay for another Arizona editorial! Thanks for the review, surrealseven :flower:

WOW Stunning cover! Too much text, but the image is striking enough to shine through.
:D :D The review looks AMAZING! Lara, Emma AND Arizona! :D

great cover! so pleasing and kinda unusual for US Vogue (the studio background shot) in the past few years (well except the uber-boring Jolie's cover last December). She looks stunning, loving the direction. Looks like the old Vogue cover. I love it!

OMG at M&M shooting US Vogue cover, I was expecting this for a long time. When I saw the cover I thought it didn't look shot by Testino or Lindbergh, could be Demarchelier but never thought about M&M! I hope it's start of their regular collaboration with US Vogue, I mean shooting covers and of course more editorials. Only ed I'm excited about is of course Lara's. Huge thanks for the review surrealseven!

I've no idea of who this is, but that's a beautiful cover.

IDK, I'm kinda disappointed with the review. :( I like Karlie & Lara, but I need a break from them in US vogue for at least 2 months. I would love to see Joan & Liu back in the magazine. It's been a few months.....:innocent:

I Like the cover not are the best of US Vogue but look good very Patrick Demarchelier style, the review is very soft to me, i hope M&M no have the regular covers of US Vogue i like se this more nautal no to much photoshop and copy in US Vogue

^^ Lara's last ed was in July issue, 4 months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->