US Vogue September 2012 : Lady Gaga by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Mat Cyruss, Aug 8, 2012.

1. TianSoFine

TianSoFine Active Member

It's been some time since I've said this about US Vogue, but this actually looks amazing. The red ribbon looks a bit amateur, but other than that, I really like the cover.

2. FashionFollower

yawn, the gaga haters are getting tired, didn't that end in like late 2011. imo, they should have done a portrait shot, and def not in a studio.

3. pivoslyakova

pivoslyakova Member

as much as i love lady gaga i have to say this is really bad, and not only because of the excessive photoshop they use, but she looks really boring too...

4. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

I love the shape of Gaga, the length, the curve of the dress, that halo of hair. Someone said it looks like a drawing, and it does, which could be why I like it so much. It really does evoke a fashion illustration - the exaggeration of the human form and the garment itself, that hurried quality of getting all of the detail down.

I hate the red banner, but I love the rest of it quite a bit. It's also amazing how doing something as simple as shooting a full body photo instead of a portrait can make all the difference.

5. lepetitcouturier

lepetitcouturier New Member

Oh damn, my guess for the amount of pages was 944...

anywho, I really like the cover. It's a perfect anniversary cover. They really cut down on the amount of text, which I really like because it focuses the attention on her. She kind of seems like an Oscar, which makes sense because this is the biggest issue on their anniversary year. The cover will take some getting used to but mainly because of the hair and the editing. But otherwise I think she looks beautiful. I'm so happy that her career has evolved to getting the September issue. I'm just kind of wondering, is she the only person in Vogue history who had the covers of both fashion issues (March/September)? It seems pretty cool. But the banner does look weird, I love the cover, except for the banner. It's almost stealing the cover.

I can just imagine Nika Mavrody hating this cover.

#25 lepetitcouturier, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by moderator cms1127: Aug 8, 2012
  6. GarageGlamorous

GarageGlamorous New Member

When I first saw the upper part I thought it was vey patriotic, and I didn't like it. Then when I saw the entire image I didn't like the ribbon as well. The dress is gorgeous and it's not something you'll likely see again on the cover of Vogue US, but I mean M&M could have employed less photoshop on the image... Excited about the content
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Starry

Starry Well-Known Member

I don't mind the cover although she looks a bit like Nicki Minaj on the cover.:blink:

I'm looking forward to the 120 anniversary special. And I hope my copy will not be damaged when it ships to me since the thicker the magazine gets, the more dangerous it will be damaged.:doh:

8. Mat Cyruss

Mat Cyruss Mag Master

Cover Picture

[​IMG]
    twitter/voguemagazine

9. lanvinray

lanvinray Well-Known Member

Anna likes to risks no? :lol: I'm more interested in the content, Meisel better have eds inside ;)

10. blueorchid

blueorchid you soft and only

I think that this is just... horrifyingly awful.

I have no words!

11. fluxxx

fluxxx Well-Known Member

I expected worse, this one turned out nice! I love the fact that she doesn';t wear any hideous wigs

12. Gaultier_Bandit

Gaultier_Bandit Active Member

You guys keep complaining about the corner banner on US VOGUE. Anna Wintour was not having it!:lol: She's trying to spite all of you guys even more.:lol:. U guys better stop complaining about too much text, before she gives you a march cover with headlines covering a starlett's face.!:lol:

13. MON

MON Well-Known Member

I am not a Gaga hater, I really like her...

but, this is the first time that I`ll be disappointed with a US Vogue cover. Risk taking, yes. Horrible execution, indeed. UK Vogue looks so much better than this one.

This looks like some entry for the Cover Challenge. I really don`t get this cover. What`s with the makeup, what`s with the hair and most especially, what`s with the red banner. I don`t get its logic.

I really need to see the editorials to save this issue for me. And so far, M&M`s editorial for Lady Gaga is not working for me. Another typical studio shoot.

This downgraded my excitement for the 916 pages

14. congacon

congacon Active Member

it says 120 years of style, models, etc. i wonder which models make the list? the supers, giselle and kate are obvious

15. Mchunu

Mchunu New Member

What's new/different is not always better. Sometimes it's best to just stick to what you know :shock: :lol:

The colors are pretty though.

16. greenholic

greenholic Member

17. nightclubbing

nightclubbing Active Member

The other picture posted would have made a much better cover IMO

18. paz2992

paz2992 New Member

i'm not really liking the red ribbon, and i don't know about the whole cover, when i tend to close my eyes it seems to be Nicki Minaj in the cover... which is way worse than this... i don't know maybe i'll end up buying it because it's the biggest issue ever... only cause of that... hopefully the eds inside are better than the cover.

19. versustito

versustito Well-Known Member

Rupaul or Lady Gaga lol?

20. sliver

sliver New Member

OMG,Horror!