US Vogue September 2014 : 'The Instagirls' by Mario Testino

Holy smokes, so the rumors were true at all. It's models on the cover of US Vogue September issue! This is such a treat for all of us as we've been asking for this. Although why on earth is Cara in the middle? It should have been Karlie for God's sake.

Joan, Karlie, can't believe :o models on the cover

:clap:
prefer without Cara

OMG! Shocked. Photo doesn't look that great, but it's models - which is fabulous.

Can't stand Cara and really don't get her appeal. Love Karlie & Joan, though!

YAY!!!:heart:

Happy for Karlie, not for the other two.

Anyway, it looks decent.

Not another celebrity on the cover, that's fine. However there is nothing special or memorable about it, even when it's the first issue with models on the cover since the one with Kate Moss on. (Pardon me if i remember it wrong)

The only thing i can see on the cover is the number of pages "856". I think maybe that's the thing that Anna thinks September issue is all about, the thickness.

I don't mean to underrate all three of them. But to me, they're not ready for Vogue US, esp September issue.

You can't be serious right? Who would you prefer to see here? Karlie has been working since 2007, and really doing big things since her debut. Joan and Cara (even though I don't care for her all that much) are stars in their own right, and I personally think this cover was long overdue for 2 of the 3. Who would you rather see here; Gisele again or maybe Kate??

I´m thrilled that models are on the cover. That after being featured on editorials for so long, Karlie finally got it. That a black woman is on it. I´m bored of Cara but two great models out of three is not bad :D
The image itself is not striking but it has that understated luxury feel that is forever present on the pages of US Vogue so it´s fitting imo.
Not the best September cover out there but still very happy about this. Hopefully the contents will be good.

If it´s indeed a foldout and since Testino shot this: who else could be featured? I´ve got a feeling that this could be a diverse cover... Malaika, perhaps (Testino+Burberry+Cara)? Sui He?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm amazed that people are actually surprised that Cara is here. She's the most obvious choice for a cover focused on "InstaGirls"

Anyone know which brands they are wearing? Is that seriously a Kate Moss for Top Shop dress on Karlie?

Why Cara?
Anna should use an Asian model instead, whatever feifei or liu.

Bad cover.

Love the cover! Yay to see them on! But I'm not really feeling that Karlie should be on. Joan and Cara deserve it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they're not interview material by any means, how many times can one read about an instagram account going viral among preteens, but being models they're far more visually entertaining than anyone in Hollywood. I also love the positive vibe of it all, the lighting, and Karlie's dress is perfect for it. :heart:

I echo everyone else's sentiments, I'm super happy it's a model cover but these are definitely not three of my favorite models, Joan looks the best which is something I'd never say haha I just really dislike Cara and Karlie I used to like but she lost that spark she used to have.

O M G! I want to hold it in my hands right now and smell it!!! When is it out?

I´m surprised that some of you think Karlie doesn´t deserve to be on the cover :o
what model deserves it more than her?! this year alone she´s been featured 4 times... and that is only taking consideration of US Vogue.

please..feifei sun must be included..
curious if the cover really exists the fold-out,why he/she didn't shoot the full page to post ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CREATIVERESEARCH
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->