US Vogue September 2019 : Taylor Swift by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

First I thought she has 2000s Juicy couture joggers on cover then I saw it was LV :D:mrgreen:
I want to buy september issue but I dont know. They could have a millenium topmodel. I guess I will stop buying new issues and start buying old issues.:shock:

Tbh i’d rather see her horrible cotton candy pastel glitter fringe aesthetic over this 70s rocker doing “I want you” pose. At least it will look more festive & “celebratory” for the September issue.

I hope the content delivers, more fashion eds and no more 10 pages of Last Look they are doing for the past 2 years.

Of all the people they could have had on the cover, it's yet another Taylor story. Boring and out of touch beyond words.

I wish Taylor would stop talking about that snake story. Most of us who don't follow gutter journalism probably forgot about the entire thing, and now she just resurrected it again. For the Kardashians any publicity is good publicity, so they'll only be too happy that she mentioned them once again. Just move on.

The only thing Taylor ever seems to talk about is how she's fallen out with someone. It's like Groundhog Day remade as a sequel to Mean Girls. And the only constant in the equation is her.

I read the interview, she's now the ultimate millenial woman: pro-gay, anti stablishment, political correctness... Jesus! At least like it or not the other pictures are good. She's a basic Caucasian woman, so she will look good in any garment you put her on. Vogue needs those sales y'all.

We all know she looks amazing quite often, remembering her and M&M cover. And what is this hell? Seriously, what drugs were I&V on?

This is the second month in a row that they've featured a pop star with a specific, cultivated aesthetic and they've ditched that in an attempt to do something different. The results, in the hands of I&V and Annie, have been far worse than if they'd just let the pop stars keep their own look. I want to give them credit for trying something different, and I do think this is aesthetically far superior to UK Vogue's September cover, but it's still quite the disappointment and the worst US Vogue September cover in recent memory.

Taylor's pastel and rainbows phase *could* have been taken to fun, haute couture extremes and they'd have delivered the fashion while satisfying her fan base.

I can´t stand Taylor and I no longer expect something great from their covers so this is different, at least...

but just because a few people on an internet forum don't like her work, doesn't mean she is over.. When it comes to the general public, she is still seen as one of the most influential people and fashion and she has a big impact in the industry.

Actually, I have seen, all over the internet (and thus the general public since everyone lives online these days) on blogs, social media, other forums and even major newspapers, discuss Anna/the magazine’s decline over the past few years.

Whether it’s boring, repetitive cover stars or how major news outlets took Anna to task over last year’s September cover star opting out of a traditional interview and what that means for journalism as a whole. Whether it’s the fashion or the content in the magazines, this magazine is definitely on hard times right now. This is not just about tFS.

That garbage April 2014 cover really damaged this brand in ways I think a lot of you all on this internet forum do not get or understand. Nor want to acknowledge.

This place is so out of touch, it feels like a relic from 2009. I often feel as if I’m in the twilight zone reading a majority of posts here. The best days of this magazine under Anna are long gone and aren’t coming back.

US Vogue isn't an anomaly, though. Eventually they're going to stop printing magazines. The industry as a whole is in trouble, several titles have been shut down, others are no longer releasing 12 issues a year, others are lucky to have 100 pages an issue. Anna isn't doing everything right, but no one else is either and in some ways there's really only so much you can do. Anna's relied more on putting people on the cover who get attention online (where everyone lives, as you said) so the mere fact that you're reading about Vogue/Anna all over, in my opinion, speaks to their success. Vogue has a very popular online presence. What other magazines have YouTube channels with plenty of videos earning tens of millions of views, tens of millions of social media followers on instagram, etc. To say US Vogue is going downhill in terms of sales or popularity or influence or what have you is one thing, but who is doing better by those same measures?

People talk a lot a crap about Anna and sometimes it’s deserved but let’s face it, hers is the last magazine that matters. No one cares about getting the cover of Vanity Fair, Sports Illustrated, Time, or Rollingstone. Anna has usurped every Politician, Sports Figure, Actress or Pop Star. The only thing that can compete is British Vogue with their exclusives on the royals, although with Meghan in the family now even that exclusive turf might be in jeopardy.

I must say the outdoors pictures are quite stunning, I love the movement. Wish the whole cover story had that vibe...

People talk a lot a crap about Anna and sometimes it’s deserved but let’s face it, hers is the last magazine that matters. No one cares about getting the cover of Vanity Fair, Sports Illustrated, Time, or Rollingstone. Anna has usurped every Politician, Sports Figure, Actress or Pop Star. The only thing that can compete is British Vogue with their exclusives on the royals, although with Meghan in the family now even that exclusive turf might be in jeopardy.

Shhhh! Celebs don’t care about booking US Vogue now. PR managers clamor to book UK Vogue because its the biggest magazine now.

This notwithstanding the fact that celebs booked US to promote their films, albums, and gave the magazine exclusive content to produce. Gaga, Beyoncé, and Rihanna all appearing on the same year. Ariana giving Vogue an exclusive music video. Presidential candidates/families appear for a spread. Still has access to the biggest names in the US. These don’t matter since they were all coerced to do appear in Vogue. :wink: Further, Bazaar is way better than Vogue now.

This magazine is indeed dead.

She normally photographs well but this hair and angles are horrendous most likely top 10 worst covers of the year. In the video she looks like someone you would normally see on the ID channel when they are talking about a 1980s truck stop crime.

Reactions: MON
That garbage April 2014 cover really damaged this brand in ways I think a lot of you all on this internet forum do not get or understand. Nor want to acknowledge.

This place is so out of touch, it feels like a relic from 2009. I often feel as if I’m in the twilight zone reading a majority of posts here. The best days of this magazine under Anna are long gone and aren’t coming back.

Or a lot of us on this internet forum are not that short-sighted, blaming the appearance of a reality star on the cover for the demise of this magazine. Sure, Kim and her family are all garbage, but to believe this was a big part of Vogue's downfall, and not, you know, the actual print industry seeing its reader base shrink to nothing, that is just plain out of touch, even for a forum full of people stuck in 2009.

I just wish there were more colours in it, it looks so gray and dull. I actually don't mind Taylor's pose, it's different, it's kind of inviting you to take a look. The editorial once again, way too basic even for a celebrity. I'm getting tired of studio photoshoots with basic poses and plain facial expressions.

Anna once said this to Edward but now it sooo applies to her, "It's vogue, let's lift it."

US Vogue isn't an anomaly, though. Eventually they're going to stop printing magazines. The industry as a whole is in trouble, several titles have been shut down, others are no longer releasing 12 issues a year, others are lucky to have 100 pages an issue. Anna isn't doing everything right, but no one else is either and in some ways there's really only so much you can do. Anna's relied more on putting people on the cover who get attention online (where everyone lives, as you said) so the mere fact that you're reading about Vogue/Anna all over, in my opinion, speaks to their success. Vogue has a very popular online presence. What other magazines have YouTube channels with plenty of videos earning tens of millions of views, tens of millions of social media followers on instagram, etc. To say US Vogue is going downhill in terms of sales or popularity or influence or what have you is one thing, but who is doing better by those same measures?

For someone who’s just oh so powerful in the industry, who can get cover stars with tens of millions of followers on social media, she CAN and SHOULD be doing better with sales, the rest of the industry be damned. Period. And YouTube views and likes don’t translate to sales, this has been reported extensively and we all know this. So? And? What’s your point?

Um. You do know there are plenty of people who will never get Vogue covers, who do care about being on Sports Illustrated or Rolling Stone. Give me a break.

Viola Davis and Tessa Thompson aren’t good enough for Vogue, but they both have Time covers. I’m pretty sure they’re proud of that accomplishment. I mean, if they sat around holding their breath for a cover from Anna, they’d be dead and buried at this point.

That’s just silly.

Shhhh! Celebs don’t care about booking US Vogue now. PR managers clamor to book UK Vogue because its the biggest magazine now.

This notwithstanding the fact that celebs booked US to promote their films, albums, and gave the magazine exclusive content to produce. Gaga, Beyoncé, and Rihanna all appearing on the same year. Ariana giving Vogue an exclusive music video. Presidential candidates/families appear for a spread. Still has access to the biggest names in the US. These don’t matter since they were all coerced to do appear in Vogue. :wink: Further, Bazaar is way better than Vogue now.

This magazine is indeed dead.

Give me a damn break, no one said anything about Bazaar being better. But since you bought it up, the fact that you would even think to compare the two is your subconscious talking. Telling on yourself with that post.

And let’s not forget the fact that politicians, etc aren’t getting Vogue covers, they’re only inside because they’re too old. Time magazine, etc. is the only place they’ll be cover worthy.

You all are really trying it. But anything to stand up for your queen.

And PS: what’s the point of having access to all these big names when she puts garbage pop stars and mediocre models on covers. And British white women under the age of 30. When if there’s anytime in her tenure to step out the box, is now and do something different. Shake things up. Be a leader for a change not because no one has yet to have knocked you off your pedestal but because you have the creativity and courage to try something new and speak to people and audiences you have marginalized/ignored the past 30 years.

Give me Edward’s cover and effort to reach out to new people and audiences to potentially INCREASE mag sales than this garbage any day of the week.

Or a lot of us on this internet forum are not that short-sighted, blaming the appearance of a reality star on the cover for the demise of this magazine. Sure, Kim and her family are all garbage, but to believe this was a big part of Vogue's downfall, and not, you know, the actual print industry seeing its reader base shrink to nothing, that is just plain out of touch, even for a forum full of people stuck in 2009.

Give me a damn break. There’s no where in my post where I specifically argued that that 2014 cover was the linchpin in the downfall. But that’s where I STARTED to see the magazine lose its luster in the average person’s eyes.

With all the racism, sexism, homo/transphobia, Islamophobia and general hostility to any one and any idea who’s not the establishment and anointed by the establishment on these forums, yes you’re all out of touch.

So all you Anna defenders/sycophants keep living in your 2009 bubble with your head in the sand. You’ll get your reality check eventually.

I wish Taylor would stop talking about that snake story. Most of us who don't follow gutter journalism probably forgot about the entire thing, and now she just resurrected it again. For the Kardashians any publicity is good publicity, so they'll only be too happy that she mentioned them once again. Just move on.

Bless her. I know it sounds horrible but guuuurrrl, you must have had a better story after that? Like a good/fun one not involving Rosemary’s children

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cerezitas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->