US Vogue September 2019 : Taylor Swift by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Sensation

Sensation V.I.P.

I'm happy to see her on the cover and like her ed, but I'm not a fan of the cover shot.

Lax89 likes this.
  2. ThickGlossies

ThickGlossies Active Member

someone tell me the page count pleeeeease

#82 ThickGlossies, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  3. TZ001

TZ001 Well-Known Member

Outtake
    3D547FBB-58D5-44D3-9515-5DFDE171BC20.jpeg
    Ins/Inez&Vinoodh

4. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Funny how the outtake is my favorite shot so far.

Magic Spells likes this.
  5. TZ001

TZ001 Well-Known Member

6. Joromana

Joromana Active Member

Not a Taylor fan but this is nice. This would have been a nice cover.

7. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

She is trying to look like Debbie Harries

bonnevie, modela, phungnam96 and 3 others like this.
  8. A.D.C.

A.D.C. Well-Known Member

Well I’ll agree with you on one thing, Vogue is certainly not a big enough deal to be as pressed about it as you are.

Lola701 likes this.
  9. LastNight

LastNight Active Member

I've seen the cover so many times on Instagram etc. over the past day that it's grown on me massively and I now love it. I haven't bought US Vogue in so long, but I might jump back in with this one. Hopefully the content will deliver and it's a decent size.

I used to buy every issue of this magazine, even when it was a dire month, I loved collecting it but the price became ridiculous in the UK - especially noticeable for the summer issues when they are as thin as a pamphlet. It makes me sad that it's fallen by the wayside with me, but I might start back in and just get March and September issues, and then any particularly good ones throughout the year.

MON, YourMonster, Tauriel and 2 others like this.
  10. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Looking back, the last issue of US Vogue I can remember buying was March 2016 with Adele.

Even if I've liked a cover, when I've lifted the actual issue off the newsstand, there hasn't been anything inside that warrants paying the import price, which has spiralled ever higher in recent years.

LastNight likes this.
  11. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

That's how I collect as well! March, September, December, and the months which tickles my fancy. Sadly for me, they've been doing great January covers and content for the past 3 years which makes me buy that issue with a heavy heart due to the criminally low page count.

FashionMuseDior, ivano and LastNight like this.
  12. FashionMuseDior

FashionMuseDior Active Member

Damn! You went IN girl. I must say though, you do have some really good points that I agree with.

13. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

The outdoor shot of her jumping was the cover, too bad they blew it.

MON likes this.
  14. burbuja8910

burbuja8910 Well-Known Member

Both covers are bland & boring, only one photo is fine on her spread. I though than Gigi Hadid was the cover girl of this issue, but Swift wants more publicity about the things around her & the release of her new album.

15. Xone

Xone Well-Known Member

This should've been the cover....i like this image

Mercury6181 likes this.
  16. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Just to add more weight to this comment.:

WWD

17. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I mean, some of guys are really into it!

It’s silly to compare US Vogue to UK Vogue or any other Vogue because the scales or impact are not the same. The reality is that we are in a very short-lived period in terms of information.

People don’t consume magazines the same way they consumed a decade ago and to be honest, people are also confused about what is right to do and what should be done.

Anna’s biggest quality is her biggest flaw: she is a business woman. And the problem with that each issue reflect a business move. And it’s harder to hide it at a time when the entire American fashion industry is struggling.
    Generally in those times, it pays in a long term to take risks and try something new but the business mind always wants to play it safe because there’s a fear of losing sales...

But don’t be twisted, US Vogue is still a magazine that counts. It is still the most important culturally. The magazine is not dead because Anna was clever at creating other buzz worthy things around the magazine that actually other editions of Vogue or any other magazine don’t have.

Edward, Emmanuelle or Farneti can only deliver good or bad issues but after the issue is released, there’s nothing. The content of VP on YouTube for example is appalling!

And being of Vogue is still important. People wants to be on UK Vogue because it’s the hottest Vogue in town and because it’s the new platform for this new narrative of progressivism that celebrities are into. But, US Vogue and Anna can give access to the world of High Fashion to people. The « i’m Co-signed » by Anna still means something and is still the biggest co-sign in the industry, TRUST ME.

Look at Taylor previous cover... Suddenly, she was buddy buddy with Nicolas Ghesquiere and wore exclusive Vuitton. It served her narrative even if in reality, nobody cares about her in the fashion industry.

I personally believe that it’s the time for Vogue to go back to models and to have more control on their narrative. I think that social media has prepared models for celebrity culture and the rest. And Vogue can recreate a phenomenon around models and control their narrative again.

MON, TZ001, Benn98 and 1 other person like this.
  18. TZ001

TZ001 Well-Known Member

For those who want to know the thickness
    9D869A4E-024E-4FFF-80A5-A28668839AA3.jpeg
    Ebay: thor3693

19. Kite

Kite Well-Known Member

She's wearing this:

Louis Vuitton FW2019

[​IMG]
    voguerunway.com

20. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

^^
    That color is so unforgiving! To think that they have produced it and that it is selling for 3600€ is insane. Good luck for any woman trying to buy this. It’s like the worst thing to wear from that collection.

It can look good on a guy tho.

aracic likes this.