US Vogue September 2019 : Taylor Swift by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

What an atrocity to put such an ugly cover in September!
They had several better options, but from Vogue we can no longer believe that even with the best models or the most beautiful famous the result would be good... This picture doesn't do justice to Taylor's beauty!

Strangely they do, i've also checked in its mediakit.

CasaVogue for American Vogue? Since when? I've certainly never seen any decor ads in the magazine and I check it every month. Last I heard Vogue Living under Hamish had to fold, but that was years ago.

CasaVogue for American Vogue? Since when? I've certainly never seen any decor ads in the magazine and I check it every month. Last I heard Vogue Living under Hamish had to fold, but that was years ago.
I was talking about Vogue India, not american vogue.

Does anyone have a review , please. So eager to see the contexts, thanks

It’s terrible lol. Zoe Ghether shot Amber V with camilla. Tyler Mitchell did a collections special with 5+ girls with Camilla. Nigel Shafran did a story with Gigi, they did a tribute to Caroline’s photo by Patrick from September 2007. Dan Jackson did a one page photo of Paloma in sunglasses. The only worthy editorial from the issue is courtesy of Carlos Nazario and Oliver Hadlee Pearce in anew Orleans with a large large cast. Very Weber-lite.

If I squint my eyes, I could pretend she's a blonde Kate Bush on the first cover...

...but otherwise it feels like I'm roleplaying a child being told off by Taylor Swift.
Well dammit, tigerrouge, she told you to eat your vegetables!

I like Taylor and this makes me sad, But it's September, so it's a must buy.

It’s terrible lol. Zoe Ghether shot Amber V with camilla. Tyler Mitchell did a collections special with 5+ girls with Camilla. Nigel Shafran did a story with Gigi, they did a tribute to Caroline’s photo by Patrick from September 2007. Dan Jackson did a one page photo of Paloma in sunglasses. The only worthy editorial from the issue is courtesy of Carlos Nazario and Oliver Hadlee Pearce in anew Orleans with a large large cast. Very Weber-lite.

wow,,, thats so sad !!! nothing really interest me at all. I had been buying the march and september issues of US VOGUE for 23 years but since last september with Beyonce that tradition is Lost . Where is the fashion, the fantasy and Glamour now.....
Thanks, my ansiety is down !

wow,,, thats so sad !!! nothing really interest me at all. I had been buying the march and september issues of US VOGUE for 23 years but since last september with Beyonce that tradition is Lost . Where is the fashion, the fantasy and Glamour now.....
Thanks, my ansiety is down !
The magazine was magic because of the amazing fashion team that once they had. Now the the good fashion team is out there: Karl Templer, Alex White, Julia Bohem and others. And Vogue has the “garbage”

^ Which is why I can't understand how the most powerful woman (not for much longer by the looks of things) and magazine in fashion has been choosing to fill their pages with millenial photographers and stylists for the last two years (they don't even have the good ones like Jamie Hawkesworth much anymore) instead of attempting to, you know, hire the most talented and competent people in the industry to bring in some "pull" factor into dying print pages?

Surely it must be a budget thing and the magazine can't afford the people they once had? Or that the icons don't want to work for US Vogue anymore?

Sorry, but I don't buy that the "new generation" are producing much decent or memorable work at all, let alone for this magazine. Where's the proof?

The review is poor, but expected. Maybe there will be a few decent images.

^of course they can afford anyone. that's just Anna tries to be cool

^ Which is why I can't understand how the most powerful woman (not for much longer by the looks of things) and magazine in fashion has been choosing to fill their pages with millenial photographers and stylists for the last two years (they don't even have the good ones like Jamie Hawkesworth much anymore) instead of attempting to, you know, hire the most talented and competent people in the industry to bring in some "pull" factor into dying print pages?

Surely it must be a budget thing and the magazine can't afford the people they once had? Or that the icons don't want to work for US Vogue anymore?

Sorry, but I don't buy that the "new generation" are producing much decent or memorable work at all, let alone for this magazine. Where's the proof?

The review is poor, but expected. Maybe there will be a few decent images.
Vogue Paris and Uk can afford, off course US vogue can afford. I think the problem is maybe the photographers don’t want or Anna is trying to be cool.

I really think she wants to murderer American vogue just like she did with all conde nast magazines in America, and in the end the magazine fold outs with her retirement. I don’t understand how a woman who was so into glamour let this happen.

Vogue Paris and Uk can afford, off course US vogue can afford. I think the problem is maybe the photographers don’t want or Anna is trying to be cool.

I really think she wants to murderer American vogue just like she did with all conde nast magazines in America, and in the end the magazine fold outs with her retirement. I don’t understand how a woman who was so into glamour let this happen.
I think she wants the magazine to turn into a new direction and she wants to make new stars(photographers), considering the fact that she lost three big photograohers(Testino, Demarchelier and Weber).

I think she wants the magazine to turn into a new direction and she wants to make new stars(photographers), considering the fact that she lost three big photograohers(Testino, Demarchelier and Weber).
But why not be with the good ones like Jamie ?

She need new fashion editors too. Stay away of Camila, Sara, Jorden

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->