US Vogue Special Edition April 2016 : Kendall Jenner by Mario Testino

Vogue.com posted something about "the many faces of supermodel Kendall", and I was thinking um she usually just has the same face in every shot. And then there were 2 more Vogue.com articles in a row about her in my news feed. I guess this is the best she's looked but it's still not good enough. I do like the shot in the red dress though

I don't know what I'm enjoying more, the gorgeous "not really a cover" of the stunning Kendall, or the hilarious effort to make this "not really a cover" seem a failure of her modeling career aka Anna Wintour should be fired.:lol:

God, she really is incredibly ordinary looking! Nice body and hair, but her face is not the face of a girl who, without Kendall's background, would have made it far in modeling. Perhaps it would be different if she projected any sort of skill or personality.

Can't stand words like "iconic" in a thread like this. Never understand the hype of these Social Media Models: Karlie, Gigi, Kendall, etc. They are all boring and wouldn't be anything without their TV shows or VS contract. They are all so plain and boring. They look like some girl you went to school with and just bought some expensive designer clothes, that's all. So no, this is not Iconic and they are absolutey no Supermodels, just some social media models that got lucky.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all those lies parents tell us, but...plain? Boring? I would love to look as plain and boring as Kendall, Gigi and all those "insta models."

Vogue is doing what all smart businesses do, they are evolving w/ the world around them, and right now it's social media. Either keep up or shut down. It's that simple. And Anna Wintour doesn't strike me as being dumb.

^there are beautiful girls all over the world but models should have that extra something that separates them imo, so a model being called plain and boring doesn´t mean she´s not pretty only that she´s not a good enough model.

Can't stand words like "iconic" in a thread like this. Never understand the hype of these Social Media Models: Karlie, Gigi, Kendall, etc. They are all boring and wouldn't be anything without their TV shows or VS contract. They are all so plain and boring. They look like some girl you went to school with and just bought some expensive designer clothes, that's all. So no, this is not Iconic and they are absolutey no Supermodels, just some social media models that got lucky.

... I wouldn't include Karlie in this at all, she made a name for herself within the industry without her social media following. Baby Karlie was glorious.

^there are beautiful girls all over the world but models should have that extra something that separates them imo, so a model being called plain and boring doesn´t mean she´s not pretty only that she´s not a good enough model.

But that's the look that is in right now, tbh. SO MANY bland models on the runways, campaigns and etc. If Kendall wasnt who she is (a jenner/kardashian), people wouldn't bother about the things that she's getting. Cuz she would be just another uninspiring looking girl doing well in the industry. (and we're used to that)

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a Jenner/Kardashian, specially with the ridiculous vitriol hurled at her family, closed more doors than opened them for her. The fact that industry giants are still using her, proves they see something in her, or they would have moved on a long time ago.

Some can keep kidding themselves that she is "not a good enough model/ordinary/uninspiring looking," if that makes them feel better about themselves and her success, which frankly I find odd. I'll never get why her success is such a debate, who is she hurting? Makes no sense to me.

Don't get me wrong, I actually do like her and I'm not mad @ her success at all.
But I do get why people don't really like her as a model and get mad for her success (which I find pathetic, btw). But I think is just too much. She gets so much hate just bc she is privileged WHICH IS NOT HER FAULT. If people wanna be mad @ someone, they should be mad @ the designers that book her, and not at her. :lol:
Wouldn't you all take advantage of that, if you were privileged? Everybody would.

Back to her vogue magazine, I wonder if that's the only ''new'' editorial? :huh: Apparently the magazine has backstage photos and outtakes from other shoots, as far as I know.

Don't get me wrong, I actually do like her and I'm not mad @ her success at all.
But I do get why people don't really like her as a model and get mad for her success (which I find pathetic, btw). But I think is just too much. She gets so much hate just bc she is privileged WHICH IS NOT HER FAULT. If people wanna be mad @ someone, they should be mad @ the designers that book her, and not at her. :lol:
Wouldn't you all take advantage of that, if you were privileged? Everybody would.

Back to her vogue magazine, I wonder if that's the only ''new'' editorial? :huh: Apparently the magazine has backstage photos and outtakes from other shoots, as far as I know.

Actually Kendall's story is not different from most models. A lot of people do not even know her story and the people responsible for her rise in fashion. People still think Kris Jenner manages her fashion career. Anna had a chance to give Kendall a cover and then write a great article about her career and link to the rise of "social media" and how it is changing the world of modeling and fashion in general but she missed ...

Kendall was signed to Wilhelmina agency since 2009 and she did not get to walk for Marc Jacobs until 5 years later ... it had nothing to do with her name or family connections. If anything they were/are obstacles for her in modeling. Kris had set up for her to become the next Kim... look at the work she was doing then and she marketed Kendall with Kylie (like the previous 3 sisters)...

She should thank her lucky stars that James/Bitton/K.Grand took an interest in her ... she would still be walking for Sherri Hill at LA fashion...

she would still be walking for Sherri Hill at LA fashion...

As it should be. People need to stop pretending, she doesn't deserve to be in Vogue or any fashion magazine, neither do the Kardashians. Are their fans really Vogue's audience? Why is this being tolerated? I don't understand.

Being a Jenner/Kardashian, specially with the ridiculous vitriol hurled at her family, closed more doors than opened them for her. The fact that industry giants are still using her, proves they see something in her, or they would have moved on a long time ago.

Some can keep kidding themselves that she is "not a good enough model/ordinary/uninspiring looking," if that makes them feel better about themselves and her success, which frankly I find odd. I'll never get why her success is such a debate, who is she hurting? Makes no sense to me.

How about what those brands actually stand for? What about what Vogue Magazine stands for? a magazine that has consistently featured the best of fashion for 100 years, yet Kim Kardashian gets a cover for what exactly? Having 90% off clothes at SEARS racks?

But that's the look that is in right now, tbh. SO MANY bland models on the runways, campaigns and etc. If Kendall wasnt who she is (a jenner/kardashian), people wouldn't bother about the things that she's getting. Cuz she would be just another uninspiring looking girl doing well in the industry. (and we're used to that)

I'd argue that bland looking girls are slowly fading out now. You can look at whoever books the latest edits and campaigns. But Kendall will probably remain because everytime she sneezes a media outlet will report on that. And some brands love that. She shouldn't even be compared to normal models, she's a celebrity model. A very basic looking one!

And lets not kid ourselves, her career and her family's nauseating little spot in pop culture are NOT mutually exclusive. I never hear her backers talking about her looks, or how she has the right look for a brand. It all boils down to media savvy, which I imagine means social media power. And she amassed those followers BECAUSE she's tied to Kim/Kris.

in a world celebs buy followers easily on twitter and instagram kendall jenner is not a model who deserves a special edition where there are tons of amazing models. maybe her mom bought her a cover. the cover is not impressing. ı kind of always like bronze effect for bikini covers. I wish they picked Erin wasson, Alessandra Ambrosio or rosie...

Spoken as a true fan! Don't kid yourself, the girl is walking Givenchy, Balmain because mommy and her brother in law are besties with the designers. Then you have another group like Karl, Bitton, Grand who always love lot of attention. Her family opened many doors, without them she wouldn't be famous at all. The reason they are using her is all the attention and media she bring with her. If she drinks a cop tea is front news, everything she does is huge news. So her fans can keep kidding themselves that she is a good, inspiring model if that makes them feel better about Kendalls success.

It's not her fault that they want her, but at least IMPROVE! Take notes from the other instagirls like Cara, Bella and Gigi. If she is on the cover for june at least IMPROVE.

Last edited by a moderator:
My goodness, some of the comments are coming off as personal. What has Kendall and the fashion industry done to some of ya'll?

^But why does she have to improve? They keep giving her covers, eds, and campaigns without improving...what I'm trying to say is, what is her incentive for improving? Nothing! When everything falls in your lap, you don't have to worry about things like improvement.

Guimon's line about hating the enablers is right on. The anger at this girl is completely misplaced.

Vogue is the new "Kardashian/Jenner" monthly. This magazine is dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->