V Magazine #120 Fall Preview 2019 : Bella Hadid by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Stunning! Bella truly delivers

Wow! Is this Richard Burbridge’s first cover for V?

You had me going 'HUH!?! what's he on about?' while reading your comment, and only a few seconds later did I get it. :rofl::rofl: Slow day, forgive me.

I sometimes wish I didn't know that much about fashion. Maybe then this cover would've seemed innovative. But knowing that it's essentially another paid Dior advertorial hence Peter's involvement, and knowing that it looks nearly identical to Richard Burbridge's work for British Vogue and W takes away so much from this cover for me. I do think it's a great accomplishment for a MUA like Peter to have this much creative freedom while still being bankrolled by a brand, especially in today's controlled era, but the mere fact that there's a brand behind all this cheapens the entire thing for me.

But at face value, it's interesting to see a beauty cover not in b&w for V. And Bella's face is perfect for beauty. The weak link is the photography here.

Well, at least it's not a popstar.

At first I always want to complain about how stiff she is, but then I cannot reject how gorgeous her face is. That is literally surgery masterpiece.

V's covers of late have been extremely dire and forgettable, so it's fab to see the magazine back on full form with an electric cover like this. I could've done without the garish eye makeup but I guess it's to promote the Christian Dior products by Peter Philips, so it makes sense.

I like this cover because she doesn't look like herself

Looks like Richard Burbridge shot it. And that is not a compliment.

Can definitely see the Richard Burbridge likeness of the cover image, but I'm more shocked to learn this is Bella Hadid's first solo outing on V Magazine! How on earth did it take them so long? Also, the cover feature is entitled 'The Many Faces of Bella Hadid'... and we get a grand total of three images.

Can definitely see the Richard Burbridge likeness of the cover image, but I'm more shocked to learn this is Bella Hadid's first solo outing on V Magazine! How on earth did it take them so long? Also, the cover feature is entitled 'The Many Faces of Bella Hadid'... and we get a grand total of three images.
Three faces is a lot if you consider all the work she has done to her face.

Three faces is a lot if you consider all the work she has done to her face.

giphy.gif

Bella Hadid photographed by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott, styled by Patti Wilson:

VMAGAZINE.COM

The Many Faces of Bella

Photographer: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
Stylist: Patti Wilson
Hair: Shon Huyngsun Ju
Makeup: Peter Phillips
Manicure: Chisato Yamamoto
Cast: Bella Hadid

V Magazine Digital Edition

Fierce Fall Fashion