Vogue Italia April 2012 : Night Of Nights by Steven Meisel

i don't think the cover is bad, i just think it's a slightly more boring version of lanvin's S/S 12 campaign. he should have just used aymeline and marte mei (sans snakes), whom i'm sure would have rocked the cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ me too, she is stunning! i love all her eds from brazilian mags and really looking forward to seeing her in this.

I believe Simone Nobili is in the editorial as well. I know I saw him in a VI April gif in his thread.

Go, Thairine.:heart:
After a smashing season in Brazil now she fronts the cover of Vogue Italia at the age of 14.
Meisel might not be always great about his covers concepts but he knows exactly who should be on them.:flower:

Boring cover, rich kids in a ordinary life. next

I've watched too many movies, because with the masks and all, I thought it was going to be some horror theme, with teenagers having the time of their life, until death turns up at the party.

It's not too bad, if a bit lifeless, but I'm hoping the contents will be interesting....as the theme of the covers has got some appeal.
Saying that none of the models interest me and they look like kids dressing up.....or maybe that's the whole point.

The models are: Thairine Garcia, Sojourner Morrell, Chrystal Copland, Aaron Vernon, Lyle Lodwick and Ethan James.

Love the cover, there's something slightly wicked and twisted about it. Can't wait for the ed.

14 year olds have no place on the cover of any vogue magazine :judge:
especially one's as boring and lifeless as these...my cats could give more emotion then any of these kids.

The text and the expresion of the models is not matching, I like the idea of mutimodel (male and female) on the cover but this 3 lifeless female models is just boring. Not even excited about the editorial.

It's actually nice to see this Thairine girl since she's constantly in brazilian magazines.
I need to see more, the covers look quite badly executed, imo. I know it might be Steven's intention but I still don't like them.

I like the cover but I'm really put off by the fact that there is a 14-year-old girl on it.

I find this very trivial, both the theme by Meisel and the styling by Panos. Quite disappointed.

It's quite sad that this is the night of the nights, wondering how a normal night is for them! Their life must be boring :innocent:

I totally get this cover! That was the night creativity in fashion died and so the models are left to mourn. They're also not sure what their emotions should be so they're just lost. That was the intention and it shows on their faces. Good job girls and boys...

How lovely the concept would have been if the mood was one of a lively, youthful joie de vivre, instead of a high fashion dour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannah Ursula
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->