Vogue Italia April 2012 : Night Of Nights by Steven Meisel

I don't care for the cover because I don't care for Meisel's penchant for depicting youthful ennui, but it is a good concept that appears to be well-executed.

i just love that it's different (and will always love vogue italia for their unique work), i just wish i knew the models, which would have captured my interest even more. oh well. nice cover in my opinion anyway.

Looks like Prom Night is the theme! At 14, still too young for prom.

I think the cover is boring but I do like the whole concept of the issue, and I actually like the editorial, the only things that are really irritating are those gifs!

I definitely agree that this month covers is just boring. I hope that the main photoshoot will be expressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sojourner Morrell, Thairine Garcia, Chrystal Copland, Aaron Vernon, Lyle Lodwick and Ethan James by Steven Meisel, Style by Panos Yiapanis.

But according to Vogue-dot-it those are just pre-views.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure about this one. However, I do like the guy closest to the O.

Vogue Italia is dead, as well as Vogue Paris, US Vogue, British Vogue, Russian Vogue and Spanish Vogue... I guess the latest one was never alive, though.

xoxo gossip girl. not in love with the prom vibe but these gifs are killing me! need to see proper pics in order to judge.

Have to admit, i'm not a huge fan of this cover (a little too artsy-fartsy for my liking), but i'm a little confused as to why some people are having an issue with the fact that a 14 year old is on the cover:blink:

This is fashion we're talking about, surely the youger the better? Nothing about the cover is vulgar or offensive in any way....

^Really? So its ok to have a 14 years old girl in a WOMEN magazine. And in the cover btw...

^ Exactly Bobby153, what's the biggie, of course it's okay as there is nothing offensive about it, I would understand it not being fine if it was sexed up or whatever. At the end of the day people will have different opinions on it, anyway I'm glad Meisel has given the young girl a chance to shine. As for both covers or foldout, I find it intriguing and I like the concept.

^Really? So its ok to have a 14 years old girl in a WOMEN magazine. And in the cover btw...

Absolutely, I see nothing wrong with it whatsoever; it’s about giving young models (who will blossom into WOMEN) a great opportunity to propel their careers and be a part of something prestigious. How many international Vogue covers has Karlie had, I certainly don’t class her as a women yet, she’s very much still a child, or young women if you prefer, but I don’t think she looks out of place on the cover of any publication.

Like I said, nothing about the cover is vulgar or inappropriate; therefore I personally see no problem with it. :wink:

i love it so much, meisel can do no wrong for me anymore i don't think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->