Vogue Paris December 2007/January 2008 : Charlotte Gainsbourg by Craig McDean

Perhaps it's because I just got the Sofia Coppola issue (thank you eBay!)...
But I am rather disappointed :ninja:

It looks like a great issue overall, but it could have been so much better. It could have been much more "Charlotte"...
Yes this really seems like one of their usual issues,just with good model casting.Why isnt the focus more on her?I wanted it to feel like her,they got Charlotte who has an original style and is her own woman,and they sex her up?WHY?So unccessary,and Coppola's and Moss's issues were filled with their spirit from first to the last page,i just dont get that here and its a shame,because thats what double-guest-editor issues should be about.

Haha, I just find it funny that Charlotte's obsession is her spots.I would have never guessed that her skin had some flaws.

You make a good point Miss. Dalloway

The Hedi Slimane part is great. I'm not sure if it's been posted here, but THAT shows a lot of Charlotte's real side... Maybe it's because most people here are more interested with models.

The Hedi Slimane part is great. I'm not sure if it's been posted here, but THAT shows a lot of Charlotte's real side... Maybe it's because most people here are more interested with models.

yes i like that part too,very natural and pure

but i think it a coincidence that Hedi took charge of this shoot in this issue for charlotte
both of them happen to have a similar style preference

if we had Hedi feature Dita~~ who knows what would come out
either the shoot will just make people feel bizarre because Dita is not Hedi's kind of girl
or the very Dita in Hedi's shoot will be strange because she tries to go with Hedi's style

I think that's because quite a lot of people don't really know who Charlotte is ... Just like me.:ninja:

What's with all the names added to the dates of the calendar?

^ Correct me if I'm wrong but in some parts of Europe, people have "name days," which are more commonly celebrated than birthdays. This is especially common in Eastern Europe...and France apparently.

More info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_day

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Correct me if I'm wrong but in some parts of Europe, people have "name days," which are more commonly celebrated than birthdays. This is especially common in Eastern Europe...and France apparently.

More info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_day

yes you're right metal :flower:

at least the name days exist in France and Poland
i remember my friends told me every name marked on the calendar was a name of saint

It is...They also exist in other countries who have different saints.

Actually,weeks ago, I found out that there was a nameday for a saint called .... Davy.I couldn't stop laughing.

Saint Davy, how Beverly Hills is that !?

OMG THIS ISSUE IS AMAZING!

Do they sell Vogue Paris at Borders in the United States? I really want this issue but my town doesn't sell this so i have to go to the US.

That's interesting. And I thought my calendar was interesting because it had Disneyland's birthday printed on it! :lol:

Do they sell Vogue Paris at Borders in the United States? I really want this issue but my town doesn't sell this so i have to go to the US.

I've never seen Vogue Paris at a Borders location. I think they're available at Barnes & Noble, if that's any help.

OMG THIS ISSUE IS AMAZING!

I see Vogue Paris at Borders (and Barnes & Noble) locations all the time in the States...I don't know where you are in Ontario rollagasper but you must be near a major US City so they should stock it.
:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iabsolvejordan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->