Vogue Paris December 2007/January 2008 : Charlotte Gainsbourg by Craig McDean

^ Correct me if I'm wrong but in some parts of Europe, people have "name days," which are more commonly celebrated than birthdays. This is especially common in Eastern Europe...and France apparently.

More info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_day

i'm not sure if i understood well...
but honestly "name days" as you named them... are def. not more celebrated than birthdays... people wish you the fête (souhaiter une fête?) but barely offer you present.... by the way... i don't understand why we say "Bonne Fête"... anyway...
it's based on the Saints...
mine is for instance Saint Guillaume on Jan, 10th.
my parents, friends will say "Bonne Fête" give me a kiss or a hug....and that's it....

Actually,weeks ago, I found out that there was a nameday for a saint called .... Davy.I couldn't stop laughing.

Saint Davy, how Beverly Hills is that !?

seriously????
that's insane.... I would love to know what Saint Davy did???:huh::blink:

but now with soo many names we have.... i think it's b***s***...
and maybe Davy is attached to Saint David, non?

this issue is all i want for christmas. seriously.

well this and tom ford sunglasses.

i'm not sure if i understood well...
but honestly "name days" as you named them... are def. not more celebrated than birthdays... people wish you the fête (souhaiter une fête?) but barely offer you present.... by the way... i don't understand why we say "Bonne Fête"... anyway...

actually, where I come from "name days" are very important (equally important to birthdays).
people give you gifts and all your friends and relatives call you to wish "happy name day" (if they don't you have every right to be offended :P)

actually, where I come from "name days" are very important (equally important to birthdays).
people give you gifts and all your friends and relatives call you to wish "happy name day" (if they don't you have every right to be offended :P)

people call me but they offer me nothing...
i'm coming to greece on jan., 10th... ok?:lol:

seriously????
that's insane.... I would love to know what Saint Davy did???:huh::blink:

but now with soo many names we have.... i think it's b***s***...
and maybe Davy is attached to Saint David, non?

Nope.Two different guys.

Well apparently Davy didn't lead the life of leisure that his name suggested :

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Davy

Still, I'll forever associate his name with hawaiian shirts and bono like sunglasses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I think I'm going to buy this issue...for holidays...

> she looks like dull doll with always-the-same-expression

Yes, for me, Catherine is a model who is undeniably pretty, but who somehow doesn't inhabit her beauty - nothing seems to shine out, there's no spirit, but always the sense that it's an artifical pose. I'd like to see her make a breakthrough in her interaction with the camera, surely some photographer can 'be the one' who really gets her emoting.

The calendar images are quite exciting; it's a shame most of us won't be seeing them for real.

I see Vogue Paris at Borders (and Barnes & Noble) locations all the time in the States...I don't know where you are in Ontario rollagasper but you must be near a major US City so they should stock it.
Thank you MMA! I live across the border from Detroit, so it's easy for me to shop in Michigan. I'm live at university right now though, so i have to wait until i go home. How long does it take for the American stores to stock international magazines? When i had a subscription to Paris Vogue, there was at least a one month lag. :angry:

I don't really like the cover, but I'll probably still end up buying it.
Ugh, and the calendar is amazing!

I love the photos of Charlotte Gainsbourg by Hedi Slimane. Thanks for the scans.

Initiales C.G.
Photographed by Mario Sorrenti
Part 1

scanned by Diorette

Initiales C.G.
Photographed by Mario Sorrenti
Part 2

scanned by Diorette

^....she's just so...:wub:

I must confess I'm always confused when I hear her speak. I never expect the Brit accent.

Thanks again Diorette:flower:

love the pictures Sorrenti took of her.

Yes this really seems like one of their usual issues,just with good model casting.Why isnt the focus more on her?I wanted it to feel like her,they got Charlotte who has an original style and is her own woman,and they sex her up?WHY?So unccessary,and Coppola's and Moss's issues were filled with their spirit from first to the last page,i just dont get that here and its a shame,because thats what double-guest-editor issues should be about.

Could you tell me which are the COPPOLA and MOSS issues you are talking about? What month/year are they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iabsolvejordan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->