What to wear when you're a student

^i took most of mine when I moved to uni,probably about 4 suitcases, and had another car load of clothes delivered in June. it never occurred to me to only take what I though I might have needed!

Aqua Tofana- love the picture of you and your friends. All very classy in the black and white!

Reading this thread again got me thinking about how useful a uniform is. Early mornings, endless semesters and so on aren't an issue when i have to chuck on the same (incredibly strict) combo day in day out. Plus, the judgment etc. isn't a problem either because we are given no chance to modify or personalize the uniform; we're all the same. The labels we wear and how much money our parents earn is then irrelevant.

Once i finish school (in less that 2 months!) I leave all this behind and though i love wearing my own clothes this isn't a nice thought! I fear I'll end up being the girl in the same dress/tights combo all the time...

I'm applying to NYU in 2 months and I've heard that they NEVER roll to classes in sweatpants/Pjs... They're always well dressed and fashion conscious. I love that!
Does anybody here go there?

When I go to uni I take almost everything I have. I have the most clothes from my roomates. I have also many MANY shoes. It sucks sometimes since I almost don't have place for them... and to imagine I am going to buy new cloths and new shoes soon.... hell on earth X.X. But then again... I always have something nice to wear, no shortage.:DDD

uniform for girls here seems to be jack wills hoodie and ugg boots with a sloaney messy ponytail...AWFUL. i just wear what i want!

Hehe, I work in a department store quite close to some of the universities in my city and its so easy to spot all the new freshers-smugly flashing the shiny new student discount card!! They are all buying really nice stuff, just nothing I ever see people wear around uni. Lots of bulky knitwear, even thought the weather here is still quite warm! I was talking to a co-worker about this, and whilst getting to each building and commuting to college in winter can leave you soaking wet and frozen, often the buildings themselves can be quite warm. Anyone else have this issue, or even the inverse?! What they are buying just doesn't seem very practical, often when I'm in for a full day I end up leaving a cardi or something in my locker, the place can just be so stuffy! But maybe that's just the joy of studying in my uni! :wink:

Hehe, I work in a department store quite close to some of the universities in my city and its so easy to spot all the new freshers-smugly flashing the shiny new student discount card!! They are all buying really nice stuff, just nothing I ever see people wear around uni. Lots of bulky knitwear, even thought the weather here is still quite warm! I was talking to a co-worker about this, and whilst getting to each building and commuting to college in winter can leave you soaking wet and frozen, often the buildings themselves can be quite warm. Anyone else have this issue, or even the inverse?! What they are buying just doesn't seem very practical, often when I'm in for a full day I end up leaving a cardi or something in my locker, the place can just be so stuffy! But maybe that's just the joy of studying in my uni! :wink:

Yes, I find this to be quite true in general ... it's why I never wear wool sweaters. I think they're incompatible with central heating ... unless you're in a drafty medieval building or something.

^one of my lectures actually was in a drafty medieval building : -D which could be so cold in winter you could see your breath. Freshers week starts this coming Monday,I wonder how many hoodies I'll see that have 'leavers 09' on the back : -p

What you wear to university

Hey, I thought I'd start a thread to get an idea of what people wear to uni and how to get that balance of fashionable AND comfortable.

Anyone got any outfits in mind?

I'm taking a physics course this summer at uni, but I'm not starting on medicine until September. I can't wait! I esp can't wait to see what people wear. I expect some of the girls from the more wealthy families flashing Mulberry and Miu Miu bags, but otherwise I hope to see a lot of Acne and the likes.

Can't wait until spring, when I won't have to put up with those Uggs and Moon Boots anymore. :yuk:

Verene has written down my thoughts!
Because of this awful weather i have to wear simply jeans, juicy couture hoodie or some other warm cashmere or wool sweater and this uggs...oh, I began to hate them this winter!
But when the weather is ok...I can wear evethyng i want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->