Who will sweep up the Autumn/Winter 2016 Shows?

Who is leading?

Yasmin is having an excellent season.

Also, Adrienna, Lia, Waleska and Maartje seem to be well liked.

^ + Sora Choi, Vanessa Moody.
Lia's twin sister Odette is also having a good start.

Hopefully this week we'll see more of Ine, Valery Kaufman, Emmy Rappe and some other regulars.

Last edited by a moderator:
i miss Ine, she's really beautiful. And curious about Julia Bergshoeff, she's in NY right now... and didn't show up yet. maybe semi exclusive o city exclusive...

Juliane Grüner's in NY too, no agency there, but i would love to see her in action.
also Alisa Ahmann... super editorial girl, but no runway work... really strange.

I feel like Lulu Leika should be walking more shows.

There's some serious hype around Leila Goldkuhl, but she hasn't shown up yet. Pretty sure she's holding on to (another) exclusive.
Just praying she isn't Givenchy wwe again.

There's some serious hype around Leila Goldkuhl, but she hasn't shown up yet. Pretty sure she's holding on to (another) exclusive.
Just praying she isn't Givenchy wwe again.

Considering that she is originally from ANTM and people wanted a successful ANTM girl to grace the runways (I'm pretty sure they're always wondering why the foreign NTM girls always get the chance while ANTM girls don't), I can understand the whole hype.

Fingers crossed for Leila's appearance somewhere!

Well New York is over and so far the ones sweeping up are:

1) Lia Pavlova - 23 shows

2) Waleska Gorczevski and Yasmin Wijnaldum - 18 shows

3) Lineisy Montero and Sora Choi - 17 shows

4) Adrienne Jüliger, Dilone, Greta Varlese, Julie Hoomans, Maartje Verhoef, and Odette Pavlova - 16 shows

So many girls kinda flopped like Ruth Bell, Frederikke, Peyton, Tami, Karly Loyce, Lauren de Graaf, etc etc.

Frederikke didn't flop at all... she actually did great, much better than last season.

Her look/body just isn't really perfect for runway, kinda like Alisa Ahmann.

^ Thought she would do better based on her recent editorial/campaign track tbh, she got some good shows but limited amount (12). Alexandra's also starting to slow down after all these seasons (11 shows), Stella Lucia, Nirvana, Willow, Jamilla Hoogenboom,etc etc also had an underwhelming season.

i feel like Frederikke is another Vanessa Axente.
DNA is probably being very careful with her runway selections.
Im glad she isn't everywhere, her face is very striking and doesnt need to be on every runway

things always change in milan and paris

That's true. It's an other world there.

I hope to see much more of Lululeika in Europe but I think New York with walking Marc Jacobs was already good for her! And I am also looking forward to see more of the Moosgaard twins!

In most cases there is a huge disconnection between runway work and print work. A girl with an impressive print track record can't really be considered a flop if she doesn't book 15+ shows during NY fashionweek. It's more about doing the shows with the important stylists, even when that show isn't necessarily A list. Perhaps the pressure is more the other way around, when a girl has had an impressive runway season but fails to book any major print work. Of the list above, Waleska and Julie Hoomans come to mind...

The only girl which had a major NY debut season was Yasmin

I think it's also quality over quantity, such as the case for Lauren. She might not book the most shows but most of the shows she does book are pretty impressive.

^ Lauren's shows were mostly B-list, not at all impressive.

I'm actually very happy that Bella Hadid only booked Rihanna's show, I was a bit afraid she'd be everywhere. Also a bit surprised at how few Peyton Knight walked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->