America's Next Top Models Cycle 14 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say Toccara was successful as well just for being part of the Black issue of VI. That's quite of an accomplishment. Even though other ANTM alumni had more work than her, she was chosen for who she is.

I would say Toccara was successful as well just for being part of the Black issue of VI. That's quite of an accomplishment. Even though other ANTM alumni had more work than her, she was chosen for who she is.

True. She met Steven Meisel at a party. He saw her, and liked her and chose her for the issue.

In terms of contestants who can support themselves modeling, if I had to guess I would say:
Cycle 1 - Elyse (she's retired, but she definitely worked and made model while she modeled), Shannon
Cycle 2 - Mercedes
Cycle 3 - Ann (Eva and Yaya are more actresses than they are models)
Cycle 4 - no one
Cycle 5 - Nicole, Nik, Bre
Cycle 6 - Mollie, Danielle
Cycle 7 - Eugena, Melrose (perhaps), Megg (perhaps)
Cycle 8 - Cassandra (perhaps), Jaslene (I would like to say Brittany since she is still on the boards at Beatrice, but I have no idea what she's up to; it seems like Natasha does more modeling than acting)
Cycle 9 - Chantal, Bianca (perhaps), Lisa (Heather is not focused on modeling)
Cycle 10 - Atalya (perhaps), Allison (perhaps), Katarzyna, Fatima, Anya (I don't think this is true anymore)
Cycle 11 - Lauren Brie (perhaps)
Cycle 12 - Teyona (perhaps), Sandra (perhaps), Natalie (perhaps), Fo
Cycle 13 - Nicole, Brittany

I think that's a great list, dpbenson. Eva, Bre, Dani, Eugena, Jaslene, Chantal, Katarzyna, and Fatima are ones who have truly worked (and w/ the exception of Eva, are still working.)

Can Lauren Brie please show up in NYFW???

Upgrade! 'ANTM' trades Seventeen for Italian Vogue

Every week Tyra Banks rattles off the "fabulous prizes" that the winner of "America's Next Top Model" receives -- a modeling contract, six-page spread in Seventeen Magazine and a Cover Girl contract. But for the upcoming fifteenth(!) cycle, that package is getting a Tyra Banks-worthy makeover.
It was announced today that the winner will now grace the cover(!) of Italian Vogue -- thank you Andre Leon Talley. "It's so major and makes the pressure huge," Jay Manuel told PopWrap at today's CW Upfronts. "When we announced it to the girls, we couldn't stop them from screaming." Suggestion, this.
"It's so incredible that we've grown the show to a point where the fashion industry takes us seriously. Cycle one was this little show that could -- Tyra wanted to give people this back door glimpse and cycle fifteen feels like a rebirth," Jay added, hinting at further changes for the new season.
Somewhere "Seventeen" editor and camera hog Ann Shoket is crying into a dozen cupcakes.

Source: New York Post

Just read that too. It can't be true, right? Unless the issue is about all of the reality tv shows on models?

The CW apparently announced it at a press show. Looks like it's true!

This morning at the CW’s up-fronts–a kind of trade show where television networks attempt to woo advertisers with hopes of snazzy fall programming–America’s Next top Model judge Jay Manuel revealed that next season’s winner will land a cover of Vogue Italia. That’s in lieu of the back cover of Seventeen. All we can say is: Wowwowweewa!?*@&#$*@#
Actually, that’s not true. Here’s what else we can say:
This is clearly the work of Mr. André Leon Talley, Vogue editor extraordinaire and Top Model judge. And it indicates that the contestants will prove a bit more “polished” next year.

source: fashionista

I am going to have to see it to believe it. Seriously. lol

Unless the girls on this show make a big improvement, I don't see much good coming out of this.

Wow... I can believe a VI ed, but the cover???!!! And if it is the cover that automatically means Meisel. I am going to wait and see, I am finding it hard to believe, but then again I did not believe ALT was joining the show as a judge either when that information started circulating.

I am not one of the ALT haters, but I disagree that this is because of him, I am more inclined to believe that this is more about Tyra than ALT and if it is indeed a cover, then Tyra will be on the cover with the winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, atleast we know ALT is doing the show some good! It will surely be a big turn around for the future winners.

Ha! I was just coming over here to post the article.

Surely Vogue Italia would not have agreed to this unless they were able to have a say in the winner along with CoverGirl and Wilhelmina. This is pretty huge. Hopefully, it will mean a better quality of winner.

I bet it's a supplement cover if anything. I don't believe Meisel would agree to getting stuck shooting someone who he didn't hand pick himself.

Tyra hasn't even had an Italia Vogue cover so she's obviously going to be on the cover with the winner. Considering it's Meisel and IV, I don't see this being a catastrophe especially since this is obviously connected to ALT.

I can believe it being a main cover, VI likes to pull out pop-culture concepts a la the twitter issue. But I don't see it happening for more than one season of ANTM. I'm really excited now to see how everything pans out next season though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abbgg
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->