America's Next Top Models Cycle 14 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next cycle should be promising, come on now, find girls who are really modelesque...I can't believe Franca Sozzani agreed though :shock: now this explains why vogue.it is featuring Tyra a lot :lol: The cover could be a multi girl though :rofl: we'll see next September...wanna be on top? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just re-read the article and the dig at Ann Shoket made me almost pee my pants. :rofl:

Tyra hasn't even had an Italia Vogue cover so she's obviously going to be on the cover with the winner

^ you and I are on the same brainwave. Tyra has always been "whatever I have experienced, you shall experience". I can see it now. Tyra will be like " The winner of ANTM will now be featured on the cover of Vogue Italia with me" . :rofl: oh Tyra

I shall be very very surprised if it is a solo girl cover. VERY surprised. :shifty:

The one thing I wish they could spruce up is the runway show. Why can't we have an actual legit fashion show that is included in a Fashion Week! I know they have done side shows with Versace and Dsquared, but the very first cycle was an actual Baby Phat fashion show. Not some presentation off season. Come on ANTM!

Wow... I can believe a VI ed, but the cover???!!! And if it is the cover that automatically means Meisel. I am going to wait and see, I am finding it hard to believe, but then again I did not believe ALT was joining the show as a judge either when that information started circulating.

I am not one of the ALT haters, but I disagree that this is because of him, I am more inclined to believe that this is more about Tyra than ALT and if it is indeed a cover, then Tyra will be on the cover with the winner.

I think its because of Tyra as well. Wouldn't ALT naturally be more associated with U.S Vogue.

This actually makes me want to watch the next season.

This also probably explains Tyra joining back with her old modeling agency. I fully expect to see her on the cover as well.

This is amazing news. :D I hope the cast this coming season will be great.

Tyra will be like " The winner of ANTM will now be featured on the cover of Vogue Italia with me" . :rofl: oh Tyra

Haha, it's going to be Tyra on the cover with the bottom left quarter of the winner's face creeping in the corner.

I was really shocked when I read this, but now I've thought about it, I think it makes more sense.

As Vogue Italia often features issues in society and pop culture etc. For example: Twitter
I think they want to feature ANTM, which is now part of our culture. I think Zeitgeist is the correct word to use.

The cover would obviously feature Tyra too! :wink:

the thing i cant picture is steven miesel shooting that, even if its tyra on the cover

Since it's a cover, I assume Miesel will need to give his stamp to the winner. This may help greatly improve the quality of the winners of ANTM. I'm looking forward to seeing the crop of contestants for Cycle 15.

I would be curious to see if Miesel would guest judge so he could have a look at the girls. It's very unlikely, but man, imagine that. Or it could be behind closed doors at the final elimination. :shifty:

The one thing I hope that doesn't happen is that ANTM chooses all these amazing girls, but they only find a winner that could work well on the cover. And that's it. I want them to finally pick a girl that could have a career! Not just to win because she was the best out of the group that looks good on the cover.

i really think having americas next top model tied to it will almost make it less prestigous of a magazine, i mean really its vogue not seventeen , elle or glamour...like come on making it some prize for some wannabe model who won antm...seriously

Since it's a cover, I assume Miesel will need to give his stamp to the winner. This may help greatly improve the quality of the winners of ANTM. I'm looking forward to seeing the crop of contestants for Cycle 15.

I don't know how they're going to find better girls than usual. I mean, they might get lucky and I hope they do, but they cast everyday girls from open casting calls... that's alotta rough and very very very few diamonds. They pick (I assume) the best of the girls who show up, so unless they start recruiting existing models from agencies, I don't see how the crop is going to improve.

I don't know how they're going to find better girls than usual. I mean, they might get lucky and I hope they do, but they cast everyday girls from open casting calls... that's alotta rough and very very very few diamonds. They pick (what I assume to be) the best of the girls who show up, so unless they start recruiting existing models from agencies, I don't see how the crop is going to improve.

True True. But, did I read wrong, or are they already shooting cycle 15? Didn't the article say "When we told the girls this, they were screaming". So that means it's already in production, which means the girls are already cast.

But hey, if it took 14 cycles to find girls like Nicole and Raina, you don't know what else they could find in one more cycle.

I think they might change the agency prize to IMG as well :wink: Last time they did it was Cycle 2 I thinnk...I wonder if they will drop Cover Girl too? hmmm

Photographer: Jason Setiwan
Model: Anchel Joseph

jsetiawan.com

New York Model Management Portfolio

Model: Catie Anderson

newyorkmodels.com (credit to Koltun and roparopa @ RTV Games)

The Fashion Show - Reco Chappell

Model: Catie Anderson

projectrungay.blogspot.com

I don't know how they're going to find better girls than usual. I mean, they might get lucky and I hope they do, but they cast everyday girls from open casting calls... that's alotta rough and very very very few diamonds. They pick (I assume) the best of the girls who show up, so unless they start recruiting existing models from agencies, I don't see how the crop is going to improve.

It's my understanding that there are plenty of polished girls who know about fashion and know how to walk that don't make it through the selection process because they would not mak good television.

The one thing I wish they could spruce up is the runway show. Why can't we have an actual legit fashion show that is included in a Fashion Week! I know they have done side shows with Versace and Dsquared, but the very first cycle was an actual Baby Phat fashion show. Not some presentation off season. Come on ANTM!

I would imagine keeping the contestants underwraps if they were to walk in such a venue would be virtually impossible.

The amount of quality girls who show up at the casting call is pretty dire. If the casting director sees a modelesque girl within range of where the auditions are being held, they'd persuade them to audition. Sara from Cycle 6 and Tatianna & Jessica from this past cycle were all approached by casting directors while in a shopping mall; Jessica was actually 16 when they approached her and they told her to audition as soon as she was old enough, which really shows how desperate they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->