Chloe S/S 08 Paris

Other details:

http://www.***************/image/2007/W40/100620071807197303.jpghttp://www.***************/image/2007/W40/100620071807194413.jpg
elle.com

I said it last season and I'll say it again - Chloe is the new Gucci.

Sorry but the shoes are gross and the handbags are crap.

The whole thing is just not right.

Oh I love how Paulo is taking Chloe in another direction...I'm intrigued, this show has so many lovely qualities: great colors, fantastic transparency, great layerings, gentle and random chiffon pleating, patchworking , the prints are absolute exquisite...it's like breath of fresh air...I adore this

those models look like they are dead. The clothes have color but no life. THose shoes/clothes are a hideous continuation of the s**t he did for the resort. The designer himself looks like a serial killer. This m******** ruinied chloe!!!:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

I think you need to calm down... seriously. Personally I'm quite offended by the way you've chosen to attack Paulo. There is no need for childish namecalling. His designs may not fit your taste, but he is certainly talented and isn't afraid to do something unique, which I think warrants some respect.

Now, onto the show itself. Overall I thought it was lovely, and I can honestly say I would wear many of these pieces if I could afford to! Great prints, as expected (although I could have done without some of the purples). Interesting structure, lovely detailing and fabrics. I even like the shoes and origami clutches :ninja: I don't see how this is "so Marni" though...

I'm so sick of all the bashing!!! Get over it. Imagine if Chloe hired someone just like Phoebe, or the whatstheirfaces that came after her, how lame would that be? I'm sure there would still be people complaining no matter what!! And as someone has pointed out previously, he and his fall collection HAS been well received, outside of this tFS bubble. Even US Vogue wrote a great article about him a while ago. His influence is everywhere, just look in all the mags and go to places like Zara.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yum. ! after looking at the HQ's and detail pics, I can honestly say that I love this even more. :clap:
The prints I especially like.. !
And I think it's going to be well received, come spring time..
I'm actually excited about Paulo's next collection already ^_^

Review from Style.com
PARIS, October 6, 2007 – After last season's vision of a hard-stomping girl on the Chloé runway, a slightly different spirit blew in for Spring. She made one of the season's more offbeat counterpoints to the pretty chiffon drift of fashion—it was romantic and layered, but with the retro-cuteness cauterized by an intrinsic graphic modernity. Paulo Melim Andersson's close-to-the-body, drop-waisted, flyaway patchworked dresses, which ran throughout his show, were partly abstracted, he said, from the idea of wind and sails (he's a keen sailor in his spare time.)

There was something fresh in the collection, which featured a lot of painterly prints that echoed Melim Andersson's previous tenure at Marni, as well as a few rare thoughts about how to make transparency passable on a daily basis. As diaphanous as the asymmetrically tucked dresses and tiny wrapped skirts may be at first sight, each one came with some kind of under- or over-piece to ameliorate exposure issues. The top pieces were long, sleeveless blazers (a Paris trend) or long-line knits, and the under-things were chiffon leggings or shorts.

If it wasn't perfect—there was a lot of repetition of that one combination of elements—by the end, there was certainly a clear image of what Chloé will be for summer. Better, there was also a sense in which this collection had reverted, in a contemporary way, to the old-time Chloé of the early seventies, when Karl Lagerfeld made it the go-to label for fashion-sensitive hippie girls. The fact that Melim Andersson managed to make this link, however tenuously, is a point in his favor. Though the memory of Phoebe Philo's recent successes at Chloé weighs heavily on his shoulders, this emerging young designer is right to start asserting a fresh point of view in his own way.

– Sarah Mower

I don't see Marni either :unsure: perhaps, it is the prints?
Though I do see the sailor references :argg:^_^

I do like Paulo, but the collection can be very deceiving outside of the context of being Chloe. I can't get past how immature the blue/pink/purple color scheme looks.

I like it much better after watching the video - there is much more 3-dimensionality to the outfits. There are interesting back and side details, and on some of the outfits, what I like very much is the way movement brings out surprises - a hidden panel of yellow worked into a black floaty skirt, the way a flyaway diagonal black panel changes like a stroke of a painter against mostly white layers, so the colourful prints on chiffon comes alive and seem to "paint" the girl in motion, unlike the more static way Jonathan Saunders and others did with colour blocking. So yes, some pieces are outstanding, but on the whole, too repetitious and I miss the girl-with-serious-attitude that he introduced last season. I won't write this off though, it's much better than Stella McCartney's dishwater collection for sure! Btw, I hated that collection but out of respect for Stella M lovers, I don't go on that thread and bash it to within an inch of its life. :smile:

And no, i won't say it is like Marni precisely because of that extra dimension that works prints, colours and flyaway chiffon together into a fluidity that defines the moving body. Marni has the same prints and colours, but the shapes and outfits are much more static and stiff. This painterly strokes/colour blocking trend is everywhere this season, so I won't say this is so "Marni", because it is also at Versace, Martine Sitbon, etc.

This is so far from what I expected, but I like it quite a lot actually.

I'm generally not fan of Chloe, but I love this collection!:woot: Maybe cause it's a bit like Marni:blush:

Chloe is always looks like its been put together by a mentally disturbed child, which is cool in its own way, but this just sucks for me. The shoes are weird, the clothes are weird. But the models look super cute.

i don't know yet if I like this...
the only thing i can say is "I'm looooost".... After Stella's power to make women look gorgeous, we had Phoebe who makes the boho style became international, and now him...
I don't even remember his name...
I think he's good... but Chloé has really lost his image...

The shows this season have been disappointing, and i'm really glad to see this collection. It's nothing groundbreaking, but I love the movement of the clothes and the prints. It's like wearing a modernist painting. Very beautiful.

I think everyone just has to accept that fact that Paulo Mellim Andersson is NOT Phoebe Philo, and he doesn't want to be her either. Upon accepting the position at Chloe, he said that he wanted to take it in a different direction. While it has not been a complete 180, I think that he is taking it in a direction that is not competely offensive to loyal Chloe customers. It is very modern and not so bohemian anymore, which is not a bad thing. I think what Paulo did last winter was great, his resort was beautiful, and this seems to be an extension of it. I think he's doing a wonderful job, and really making a name for himself under the Chloe label.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tamtam6363
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->