But it's Karolina T from Ukraine!

The Top 3 winners are:

1- Karolina Tolkachova/UKRAINE
0karolina1856629.jpg

2- Erjona Ala/NORWAY

3- Karin Savkova/SLOVAKIA

elitemodellookworldfinal

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the winner. Her eyes are so pretty. Would love to see some other pictures of her though.

I like Erjona and Karolina, but would defintely have preferred Alma up there instead of Karin.

As for top 15... two that are known so far

Alma Durand / France
Lejla Hodzic / Switzerland

I liked the top 3 girls and I suspected they'd be top 15 candidates, but I never thought they'd be the top 3. Kinda bummed none of my personal top 15 made the top 3, but hopefully a few will be signed Elite Paris/Milan anyway.

All but Erjona, look really underwhelming here...

gagnantes1027706.jpg

elitemodellookworldfinal

You'd think that the most prestigious modelling competition in the world would be able to get better clothing. A little black dress would be better than those hideous prom dresses.

the theme of the show was "cinéma des années 30 à 60" so i guess those are vintage [style] ball gowns

As for top 15... two that are known so far

Alma Durand / France
+
Tamara Weiland / Austria
Tereza Klimesova / Czech Republic
Aleksandra Zieminska / Poland

dsc62945402207.jpg

Going off ID skills here, so may be wrong....

Aleksandra Zieminska / Poland
Alma Durand / France
Brittany McPhee / USA
Flippa Lovgren / Sweden
Hou Meng Die / China
Klara Boscic / Belgium
Louise Sorensen / Denmark
Sara Schmidt / Germany
Roberta Narcisco / Angola
Tamara Weiland / Austria
Tereza Klimesova / Czech Republic

Yeah...not entirely happy with the final outcome, but at least 5 of my top 15 qualified.

Is the girl to Hou Meng Die's right Klara Boscic? If so she looks a lot better than I thought she did in her headshot.

thanks, b! so, um, i like about half of the finalists, but could this contest be any more whitewashed and Eurocentric?

i don't usually complain about it because EML is all about agency politics anyway - they like to humor/reward their big "providers" - and the European girls tend to dominate both in numbers and looks wise, but the latter isn't really true this year. there were some great African girls, especially, and it's quite embarrassing that only two non-Caucasians made the top 15 :doh:

ETA: the German girl is there?! :blink::rofl:

Is the girl to Hou Meng Die's right Klara Boscic?

I think so, and I think that's Louise behind. Those are the two I'm not completely sure I ID'd correctly.

I got 7 out of 15.

btw, the source for that pic is elitemodellookworldfinal.

ETA: holy moly legs!

dsc60755473085.jpg

dsc59767137579.jpg

thanks, b! so, um, i like about half of the finalists, but could this contest be any more whitewashed and Eurocentric?

i don't usually complain about it because EML is all about agency politics anyway - they like to humor/reward their big "providers" - and the European girls tend to dominate both in numbers and looks wise, but the latter isn't really true this year. there were some great African girls, especially, and it's quite embarrassing that only two non-Caucasians made the top 15 :doh:

ETA: the German girl is there?! :blink::rofl:

I sometimes get the same impression when I see a really boring has been selected for the top 15 or there is a girl who just doesn't belong. The competition is supposed to find girls with model potential across the globe, yet I find that girls who may have something who are from countries that are not among the top model manufacturers are ignored while girls from, as you say, the big "providers" usually get through. Maybe I'm just being overly cynical and the jury just have a contrast in opinion.

You'd think that the most prestigious modelling competition in the world would be able to get better clothing. A little black dress would be better than those hideous prom dresses.

HAHAHAH the best quote in this thread ! very true FashionVictim ! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->