Elite Model Look 2011

Lenka should have won..
23839.jpg

Lenka, super.cz

Love the winner!! And love Lieve!! Hope to see her on fashion weeks
Posted via Mobile Device

I think Lieve was 3rd just because they needed to fill in place with other continent then Europe is...

Not excited about Julia. Lenka was much more nice and sympatic, i had good feeling while i´m watching her. But not about Julia and I don´t like her nose :shock: I think there were much better girls for example Josephine from Denmark.... i´m confused :blink:

You are so bitter, get over it, Julia won and Lenka will still have a bright future regardless :innocent:

:D:D:D:D sory but LIEVE is FRENCH... NOt chilean
EUROPE, WIN AGAIN¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Lieve is from Chile, and this is not a competition between countries, it's between models, please don't take any credits fo small countries to participate in this competition. Lieve is not french.

Simbli:I think Lieve was 3rd just because they needed to fill in place with other continent then Europe is...

I agree you are so bitter, Lieve won because she was supposed to get that place, in my opinion she was better than Lenka, but i'm just not going to be underrating the other models.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I get your point but as what punked said, Lieve is originally from France but still, she represented Chile :flower: Nevertheless we should all celebrate the winners because it was the most diverse Top 15 ever

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeahhh it was the most diverse top :smile:
Posted via Mobile Device

JULIA SCHNEIDER – THE WINNER

She says:
I’m very happy but also a little bit in shock. I don’t think I’ve understood what happened yesterday yet and I’m like ‘What?!’ My family are very, very pleased. This has been something completely new for me and it’s really exciting. I was the girl who was always in the stable with her horses. I’m still going to do that but my life has been completely changed. Now I’m going to go home for Christmas – it’s really nice in Sweden. As for the future, we’ll see what happens!

Michaela says:
Julia is very young – almost 16 – but she has all the elements required to be a top model. She’s a classic beauty and at the same time something you haven’t really seen before. She’s fresh, has a strong personality and is tall. When the agents saw her for the first time they were actually blown away by her; I think for most people it was quite obvious that she was the winner. We’ll start slowly but the long-term goal is for her to do top campaigns all over the world.

LENKA HANAKOVA – 2nd RUNNER-UP

She says:
I’m happy and excited, but also sad for the other girls. I hope to see them all again, but we live so far apart, so I don’t know. I’ve had so much fun during the contest and I liked going to the Pearl Tower most. Of course I’m surprised that I got this far, and I’m in my last year of school so I have to finish that first, but then I hope to spend my time travelling and being a model.

Michaela says:
Lenka is fantastic. Her look is timeless and hopefully she’ll do a beauty campaign as her face is just so perfect. Her advantage right now is that she has almost finished school so we can start her right away. After the next six months are up, for sure she’ll be working all the time all over the world.

LIEVE DANNAU – 3rd RUNNER-UP

She says:
I’m so excited for the future and what’s going to happen. I love doing photo shoots and hope to get better and better at the catwalk so I can take part in the biggest shows in the world – Dior, Chanel... Last night it felt like everything happened so quickly, and I didn’t even think I’d make it to the top 15. So then, as I made it through the next step and the next, it was a surprise and so unreal!

Michaela says:
Lieve is an amazing girl: beautiful, bright and determined. We’re always looking for that ‘je ne sais quoi’, and she certainly has it with her freckles. Even with no makeup on she looks stunning and special. I think out of the three she’s the one that’s the most ready to start now – and since she has family in Paris, we hope she’ll come to visit us as often as possible.

Photo credit: Paul Morel and Julian Dauvillie

elitemodellook

Will Lenka and some of the other finalists also get Elite contracts?

Shanghai 2011 - The “Greatest City in the World” according to CNN could also be fashion’s next capital.

On Tuesday, Elite elected 15-year-old Julia Schneider as the winner of the 28th edition of Model Look Contest, an event that also marked the launch of the agency’s Chinese branch, set to open early 2012.

70 girls on show, 55 of which are soon to weep backstage. 15 are to be pre-selected, 3 plump contracts are handed out, and one lucky teen earns fattest check of them all. For the lucky few, this is a rare opportunity, especially as many of the contestants are plucked from towns lightyears away from Paris.

Unsurprisingly, the focus was on Xi Xao, the Chinese contestant who made it down to the 7 last standing – jury member Sun Zhe, editor in chief of Grazia China, even complimented on her ‘international beauty, not just because she is Chinese!’ in the middle of the award ceremony. By the end of the evening, Xi Xao was already booked for a shoot with Pop Magazine the very next day.

In a time of financial dismay, Western countries all seem to be looking in the same direction, and start to acknowledge China’s role as the leading economic force in the world. Similarly, the fashion industry is set to become increasingly Asia-centric. Both Louis Vuitton’s last campaign, featuring Chinese supermodel Fei Fei Sun, and Vogue France’s recent special issue on China are clearly tipping their hats to Asia – surely a symptomatic move of an Asia-orientated fashion future.

Obviously fashion can longer only focus on its four traditional capitals, while we are facing yet another wave of recession, China remains the world’s second biggest consumer of luxury goods. Elite China, Vuitton, Vogue, are all realizing the vitality of fluidifying marketing between East and West, rather than creating secondary, local campaigns. “The aim is to have more Chinese models on Western catwalks, but also, for example, export Constance Jablonski’s campaigns for Estee Lauder to the Asian market.” Says Elite World’s president Vick Mihaci in a recent interview.

One can only wonder if it is going to be as simple as they hope. Chinese beauty standards deeply vary from Western standards. As the French model and jury member Noémie Lenoir jokingly said, “Usually men look at me in the street and think I’m smoking hot but here I feel like an alien! No head turning! ”. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not about being Chinese in order to be successful in China, but about a deeper cultural difference. Having lived in Shanghai for a year now, it has become clear that the local taste is geared towards harmless, “heart-shaped faces, rather than sharp or sexual features”, says Yi Guo, Vogue China’s style editor. In a nutshell, Audrey Tautou would take home the tiara in a Chinese Pageant against Laetitia Casta hands down.

As Elite’s press release claims, to company is here “to set off standards”, but it might not be as straightforward as they expect. “We’re a proud country and if you think you’re just coming to impose something on us and not open a dialogue, don’t expect to be well received.” Ms Guo added. Let’s wait and see if Elite leaves its mark on China, or China on Elite.

- Tess Lochanski

nowfashion

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->