Lanvin for H&M #2 Update....Second Collection?

The cardigan is really nice!

75652_457823937926_695657926_5755554_6073911_n.jpg

And the tote is lovely!

IMG01201-20101125-1516.jpg

Does anyone know if H and M has done a 2nd follow up collaboration with a designer?I'd LOVE a second lanvin+H & M collection!!

the cardigan, while nice, is also very very basic. i was hoping for a thicker material, something more special, but as it is, it's not very different from the one i bought on sale from Pull & Bear for 10 Euros.

The rumours are the next one is Tom Ford. Even Elle's site has a news story up on the rumours.

you know, since Tom Ford is starting off again right now, it'd be possible. start off his own label with a BANG! BANG! BANG! super expensive, super luxe Tom Ford mainline, teensy tiny capsule collection with super limited circulation for H&M.

you know.... since everything was label 'Lanvin x H&M Hiver 2010', i'm kind of hoping there'll be a continuation, 'Ete 2011' :lol:

i know that's how they usually label their stuff, but hey, i can always hope, no? theoretically, the 'Hiver 2010' could have been left out.

i would LOVE this!

i also doubt ford will do a collaboration with any mass retailer. he just went off on fake expensive clothes, so i have feeling he has no interest in touching mass fashion with a 10 foot pole. of course, he IS doing the womenswear line with all of his money and we all know it's limited people who can afford his prices. h&m money can fund his main line for awhile.

The trousers were so odd. I bought a medium and they're pretty gigantic. Plenty room in them and cut really very high waisted. I could have fit easily into a small but sadly there were none left in the trouser I wanted.

The ones I got in the end were the navy ones with the elasticated waist. They're a totally different fabric to the jacket. The jacket is a really beautiful soft silk, and the trousers a polyester pique fabric? Sort of like a much, much stiffer version of a polo shirt fabric? Fabric wise they actually couldn't be much more different from each other! The other pair of navy trousers that are on there are I think might match a bit better, but I didn't see them in person so don't know for sure...

I really wanted the knitted/wool pair in grey but didn't even see a single pair of them in the Oxford Circus store!

Actually there ARE trousers that are the perfect match to the navy trim blazer, i got both and they are 100% same wool texture and color. It is not the elasticated waist trouser though.

Concerning the fit, well its the trademark lanvin men's fit, high waist and a bit carrot shape. I own real lanvin trousers and these h&m ones are really similar down to small details such as internal button closure and back cinches! the attention to detail in these emulations is rather a nice surprise.. ^_^

I do have a question about fabric, the db coat is 80% wool 20% polyamid, just wondering if special care is needed and if there are any benefits to this particular wool blend (other than cutting costs obviously) ?

Can this new thread be split and the shopping related comments be moved to the sub-forum related to that topic? Thanks. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
^Why?

So after much consideration I returned this dress
921designer_clothing_ladies1.jpg

and got this dress in size 34 instead
921designer_clothing_ladies14.jpg
shop.hm.com
I saw the pink version yesterday, and it was GORGEOUS. I hate pink though. But the fabric was very nice. 100% silk, yay! Size 36 was too big for me after all, and I like the skirt on this dress much better...but it isn't delivered until week 50, and I have no idea why that is.

do not quote images

and got this dress in size 34 instead
shop.hm.com

Good choice! I think that dress was the best out of the pieces they've had in the women's collection. Loved the heavy-weight silk gazar and less flounce-y volume on this one much better than the other pieces, which were a bit too 1980ies Ungaro party dresses for my taste. For that reason, I found the deep plum colourway to look a lot more precious than the fuchsia, on which the beauty of the fabric doesn't come through well.

Last edited by a moderator:
^The fuchsia did look pretty, but a bit more one-dimensional. You're quite right. I can't wait to get it...I will post pics if anyone wants to see it on, promise!

I hope that H&M is just being cautious when claiming the Lanvin pieces will be delivered in week 50, but I think it's sensible as well. There's tonnes of snow outside, I sincerely doubt the Danish postal service will bother getting to work this Monday :rolleyes: Stupid company.

Because this sub-forum is about the design of the clothes and not the shopping experience. There is nothing wrong with those type of comments and I am not requesting that they be deleted, just moved to the appropriate sub-forum. Just like this is not the forum for model discussion, it is also not the sub-forum shopping related comments, and finding comments about the collection are becoming like finding a needle in a haystack. :flower:

all the previous designer collaborations were discussed here. to some extend the shopping experience is part of the whole experience. what kind of comments are you looking for? everything relevant about the collection, fabric, craftsmanship is in the first thread.

if there'd be objectionable comments on here, the mods would have taken care of it.

all the previous designer collaborations were discussed here. to some extend the shopping experience is part of the whole experience. what kind of comments are you looking for? everything relevant about the collection, fabric, craftsmanship is in the first thread.

if there'd be objectionable comments on here, the mods would have taken care of it.

The key term here is "to some extent," it is no biggie when it is a few posts in the thread, but 90% of the posts go beyond "to some extent." The photos and the video of the collection are buried in the old thread - people typically come to this kind of thread wanting to see a collection and opinions about the collection - having to browse through five, ten or even fifteen pages to find the collection is reasonable, browsing through 68 (34) pages is not reasonable IMO. So now come to think of it it will be great if the photos and video posts get copied over here or linked.

The other threads of this type that I am familiar with have not blown up as much as this one,* so again, the inclusion of shop talk may not have been that big of a deal with the prior collaborations, and because a new thread has been recently created for the topic, there is an opportunity to do the spinoff, which was not as easily doable with the old thread. Anyhoo, I will continue this discussion in one of the threads about technical issues or the like.

* No other thread of this type is no where near as big as this one and the ones that in a distant second / third were started years ago, not weeks/months like this one.

^No offense, but the discussion you've started here is way more off-topic than people telling us about what they bought from the collection and what the items look and feel like. I prefer having all the posts about this collab in this thread instead of it being mixed with other non-Lanvin related H&M posts in the STYD thread.

The_Ida, the dark plum dress is my favorite from the collection, I'd love to see pictures of you wearing it once you got it :flower:

^No offense, but the discussion you've started here is way more off-topic than people telling us about what they bought from the collection and what the items look and feel like. I prefer having all the posts about this collab in this thread instead of it being mixed with other non-Lanvin related H&M posts in the STYD thread.
Which is why I stated in my last post that I will find another place to continue the discussion and furthermore two, well now three of the comments I made, are in response to other comments, and it's not as if I an saying that the comments should be deleted, just moved to the forum that was established for that purpose and that is doable now that the new thread had to be created. Anyhoo, it may not (probably won't) get change, and I will get over it, but it is a bummer that it is such a hassle to find comments about the collection. And I'm done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evangelista1995
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->