Marc by Marc Jacobs F/W 08.09 NYC

Pictures are starting to show up on GettyImages! I won't post because I'm sure somebody has access to untagged versions.

AlyonaMarc1.jpg
CarolinaMarc1.jpg

SerafimaMarc1.jpg

(getty)

Just to keep everyone satiated until the full show is available! :wink:

Wow, Marc by Marc is usually my favorite because everything is affordable for me and I always love the look, but this is quite disappointing so far. :ninja: I'll reserve my judgement 'til I see the full collection, though.

The only thing that excited me thusfar is the black leather dress that Serafima wears in post 24...the rest...hmmm

I don't really see somewhat of a 'wow' factor here, and the more and more I see those tweed ensembles.. the more annoyed I get. They've been around for too long. Last season seemed far more interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I see so far, I don't think it's atrocious, but it's nothing spectacular either. Oh Marc, don't let me down.

not loving it...
maybe i fell in love with the spring collection too much :lol:

zzz....

not a fan of the shapes, and can someone tell the stylists to STOP PUTTING EVERYONE IN BLACK OPAQUE TIGHTS?!

That vast majority of the collection is up on Getty...and it's a little underwhelming. I understand that MxMJ generally has some theme, or gimmick to it, but this combination between Miu Miu's circus and some 80's day-glo reference is just odd.

I think the lack of subtlety in the color palette makes the colors all the more jarring instead of complimentary.

There are a few pieces that I like, but nothing that I absolutely love. Definitely one of my least favorite Marc by Marc Jacobs collections. It just lacks the usual punch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->