Pirelli Calendar 2008 [No images from the calendar allowed]

and where are the sexy vibration? all I see are nice images..but as far as I know the Calendar used to be sexy

caroline reminds me of a little bunny playing in the snow there. such a cute shot of her

Beautiful shots. I wouldn't mind hanging these up. Not sexy though. Guess they've gone in a totally different direction this time.

Maggie Cheung looks like a deer in headlights, while Du Juan looks harsh with the heavy eye makeup.

I know^^
I don't like the calendar this year too. It looks like Italian Vogue or any other fashion magazine editorial, not like Pirelli at all.
I like what Pirelli used to be.
But that's just my opinion.

Pirelli was nudity but with elegance...it was fierce like Gisele,Natalia etc or cute/sexy with julia Stegner, Eugenia Volodina etc..but this is good but not Pirelli..and I don't want them to change because Playboy or Visionnaire Private are not as good as Pirelli used to be
maybe it's because the look of the modles changed but at least with trentini they could have done something else..just remember the bond pictures

every shot is beautiful. but they look like beauty ads or fashion shots rather than Pirelli calendar.

To be honest it's hard to top year after year, they've run out of ideas and thought they could make a splash. They focused too much on the clothes, makeup, and harsh lighting, rather than the ambiance of China, Asian culture, or beauty of the models. The calendar was to coincide with a new Pirelli manufacturing facility in opening China, but they misfired with Japanese clothing and Kabuki type makeup. I also believe they shied away from implied or real nudity because this was a business venture with the Chinese government, and didn't want to offend them. Although Mo Wandan had catwalked down runways in China topless (hands covering breasts), and fashion magazines in China show models topless with small tapes just covering their nipples.

Last edited by a moderator:
the pictures are up at pirelli.com

hate to say it, but Doutzen's pictures are the weakest :(

seeing those first shots months ago, I thought they were just kidding, waiting to put out the sexy shots later. at least the photos are really nice

hmm.

Coco Rocha's images are the absolute best imo, which is kind of sad because I don't really see her as being the best and neccesarily the most appealing model of the collection used in the calender. I still like the calender though - I like the theme very much.

i like coco and lily d's first (up close facial) shots
i expected gemma to look a lot better with a theme like this, but the eyebrows they drew on her are just really unflattering
doutzen looks out of place, and mcniel reminds me of the angry hun from mulan. the eyebrows really don't work with her, and the hair is very unflattering for her face shape IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->