Pirelli Calendar 2010 [No images from the calendar allowed]

Maybe the cast of last year?? That´s why most of the girls are new :unsure:

watching the making of vids, honestly i can't see daria doing poses like that. last year she was constantly topless for the pirelli, but her nudity style is very different, much more mature, intense and emotional. think also of 'in love' with segura, how she made it very dramatic.

some blame ana's pic with the roaster, but at least there is one idea! even shooting looks rather random and flat.
but what i find particularly disturbing is that most of the girls have this lolitic look, which at end is very perverse. last year there was a bunch of women, this year, apart from barros, there is a group of girls who look like exposed teens. :S

and also, watching at eniko, i wonder if she realises what she is doing!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is ultimately Terry to blame for this nonsense, not the models themselves for being naive. I mean, what model in their right mind would pass on a project with one of the most sought out photographers in the world? I think the directors of this shoot as well as Terry knew what look they were going after and sadly it turned out to be a horrible cheap version of a playboy editorial. And it's sadder that many of these girls are just starting out in the business so they are lead to believe what they are doing is perfectly fine in terms of a good publicity image for themselves. I'm sorry, but I would be ashamed if I was the agency representing these girls and giving them such opportunity because I would have rather stayed home and watched the tele eating ice cream than be paid a minuscule amount of money to be photographed in such a tasteless demeaning manner. Some of the photos taken cross the very thin, but very real line, between fashionable photography for the sake of artistry and crude nudity for the sake of p*rn*gr*phy.

i am not blaming the girls and i am also trying to not be a moralist.

i think you perfectly summarised most of my thoughts, leeroi. as i said i like terry's xxx-p*rn shots, but here i can't see any substance. neither parody. cos those bodies are too young even to bear the burden of any content.

so in the end the pic with the roaster is the only one to communicate something to me, to take me out of 'blah'.

watching the making of vids, honestly i can't see daria doing poses like that. last year she was constantly topless for the pirelli, but her nudity style is very different, much more mature, intense and emotional. think also of 'in love' with segura, how she made it very dramatic.

One reason this year feels so bad is that last year was brilliant. There wasn't much difference in the amount of nudity but those pics were so damn sexy, specially Daria.

what i find particularly disturbing is that most of the girls have this lolitic look, which at end is very perverse. last year there was a bunch of women, this year, apart from barros, there is a group of girls who look like exposed teens. :S

They also seem to think like a bunch of teens. I couldn't stop laughing when Rosie said the calendar was a chance of "representing yourself"...as what a nude model?:woot: She did a very sexy Agent Provocateur commercial but does't look at all sexy here inspite of all the nudity. From the video its clear Terry likes her or at least getting her naked!

and also, watching at eniko, i wonder if she realises what she is doing!

My husband said the same thing! Similar situation with Gracie!

Well I don't know a lot about the Pirelli calendar but I do see it looks very different compared to last year. It has been quoted in this thead Pirelli - like every other company - has a lowered budget and Richardson doesn't ask as much as Demarchelier, Inez & Vinoodh, Testino etc. So it wouldn't be that strange if the same thing applied to the model casting. And I mean, agents know what the Pirelli by Richardson is going to look like... You can tell by his off-set snaps he feels like a kid in the candy store. :lol:

Oh my god, so Pierelli looks metaphorically cheap because they were being physically cheap? :hardhead:

Bleh.

i am not blaming the girls and i am also trying to not be a moralist.

i think you perfectly summarised most of my thoughts, leeroi. as i said i like terry's xxx-p*rn shots, but here i can't see any substance. neither parody. cos those bodies are too young even to bear the burden of any content.

so in the end the pic with the roaster is the only one to communicate something to me, to take me out of 'blah'.

The main culprits are Pirelli for letting Terry run wild and produce a titty calendar worthy of a tabloid.

The behind the scenes video features a lot more nudity than makes the calendar and is pretty crude. The camera focuses on Abbey Lee's full nudity many times when they could easily used a different camera angle and on a couple of other girls pulling their bottoms down.

Oh my god, so Pierelli looks metaphorically cheap because they were being physically cheap? :hardhead:

Bleh.

It didn't have to be so. Sure they may not have the budget to shoot in the Masai Mara but the fact that the models and shoot was cheaper didn't mean it had to look cheap. It's all a relative thing because I'm sure the budget was bigger than many a magazine shoot. Off the top of my mind I remember a Shannan Click beach/nude edit for French Elle, Emmanuelle Beart for either Vogue or Elle and even a Maxim Bikini issue which managed sexy pictures.

The problem here is that Terry seems to equate bare boobs with sexiness. There are too many photos which are just bare boobs - Lily in wate4, Catherine in water, Miranda in cowboy hat, Rosie/Abbey at beach. Very few photos have something going on like Ana with the machete or even with tyres as props, after all it is a tyre company. To me the best photo is of Marloes with the sun behind her creating a glow and starburst effect.

When Terry does try to do something it is just vulgar such as Ana and Gracie fellating objects or Eniko and Daisy insinuating golden showers.

It didn't have to be so. Sure they may not have the budget to shoot in the Masai Mara but the fact that the models and shoot was cheaper didn't mean it had to look cheap. It's all a relative thing because I'm sure the budget was bigger than many a magazine shoot. Off the top of my mind I remember a Shannan Click beach/nude edit for French Elle, Emmanuelle Beart for either Vogue or Elle and even a Maxim Bikini issue which managed sexy pictures.

The problem here is that Terry seems to equate bare boobs with sexiness. There are too many photos which are just bare boobs - Lily in wate4, Catherine in water, Miranda in cowboy hat, Rosie/Abbey at beach. Very few photos have something going on like Ana with the machete or even with tyres as props, after all it is a tyre company. To me the best photo is of Marloes with the sun behind her creating a glow and starburst effect.

When Terry does try to do something it is just vulgar such as Ana and Gracie fellating objects or Eniko and Daisy insinuating golden showers.

I agree with you :flower:

Just my roundabout way of indirectly calling out Terry on his cheap aesthetic. :yuk:

He's using some of my favourite models - Abbey Lee, Eniko, Lily, and he makes them look like Maxim rejects.

Model Tiah Eckhart wrote a great post about models and nudity - how nudity is fantastic and sexy and sensuous when its a real celebration of the woman's body and sexuality, Terry's work has none of that celebration. I just get the sense all his photographs are about "him" - in a selfish, gratituous (some might say perverted old man) sense.

Whatever it is, it leaves me stone cold and I feel that it looks cheap as greasy chips.

I agree so much! It wasn't just that they were naked, which has been done countless amounts of time without it looking cheap. It almost offended me to see some of those girls because they looked so young and being taken advantage of. The shoot looked really flat and didn't have a lot of the emotion that can be done without looking like a child-p*rn.

ugh poor gracie. in some it didn't look too bad, and then I saw the video where she was holding the corn stalk looking thing in her hand and I was sooo sad for her :huh: It just annoyed me that these girls were given a chance to do Pirelli, which is considered an honor since most models don't get to do it and the ones that do tend to be noticed more and go on to bigger and better things, but this came out looking so distasteful I'm not sure what can happen to the careers of some of them.

Once again, everyone is going on about how "distasteful, cheap, disgusting" Terry's work is, but the the pictures are beautiful. The theme was going back to the raw, natural beauty of the 60s and 70s, which was captured perfectly in this calendar. The girls all looked like they were having a wonderful time, and Terry himself said that they were willing to do anything. The calendar is iconic, and that's exactly what this shoot was. The video just confirms how laid back and free the shoot was; the girls playing around together and always smiling. I really don't get how it's so offensive to have a calendar full of gorgeous models naked in nature.

Terry is the fashion world's amusing parody of the creepy guy who pretends to be a photographer so stupid girls will take off their clothes.

The real trophy is the picture of him in the photo with the naked girls. Who else needs that image? What else that is funny is that it bugs hobby photographers of naked models, because they think their photos are better than his.

Anyway guys like any calendar with naked girls.

i am always concerned when i see women praising heterosexism... but the problematic thing is that these shots are very poor, even for richardson's standards of shooting sex. just teen-like bodies ready for sex. btw that isn't exactly what early pirelli was in the 60s-70s...

i am always concerned when i see women praising heterosexism...

What a great idea! Pirelli should send their customers a calendar showing Terry and guys pouring white liquid down their naked bodies!

What a cast!!!!!!!!!
I love the look of this calendar! So natural and relaxed- I am so surprised to read that some people think the girls look uncomfortable on set-I felt the opposite!!! They are all laughing, relaxed, happy.
Sometimes I think people let there own judgement project onto others-I am sure it makes people feel safe and comforted to think that Ana was uncomfortable with her poses but you don't know anything about her personality!!! She may have loved it!!! And from what I can tell of her career, high class is not a priority!!

Quote-watching at eniko, i wonder if she realises what she is doing!

Why? Do you assume she is stupid????

Seriously, these girls all agreed to a Richardson/Pirelli shoot. Both are known for nudity and provocative images, they knew what they were getting themselves into. If you don't like it, fine, but assuming that these girls were tricked into the work is undermining them.

What a cast!!!!!!!!!
I love the look of this calendar! So natural and relaxed- I am so surprised to read that some people think the girls look uncomfortable on set-I felt the opposite!!! They are all laughing, relaxed, happy.
Sometimes I think people let there own judgement project onto others-I am sure it makes people feel safe and comforted to think that Ana was uncomfortable with her poses but you don't know anything about her personality!!! She may have loved it!!! And from what I can tell of her career, high class is not a priority!!

Quote-watching at eniko, i wonder if she realises what she is doing!

Why? Do you assume she is stupid????

Seriously, these girls all agreed to a Richardson/Pirelli shoot. Both are known for nudity and provocative images, they knew what they were getting themselves into. If you don't like it, fine, but assuming that these girls were tricked into the work is undermining them.

I think the quote wasn't insinuating that Eniko or the girls were stupid, but that some of them may be naive. And it does happen in the industry that girls be asked to do things for the sake of getting paid for a job no matter how ludicrous the actions are. Do you think a model such as Gisele or Naomi would ever participate in such a cheap photoshoot such at this? I highly doubt it. The photos are beyond tasteless. Terry is known for his erotic raw style of photography, but this time it is extremely over the top and really without much thought. A person with a camera could easily do one of these photoshoot at their backyard with naked girls. But because it's Terry, people will praise him. Fact of life.

I am sure a lot of people would like to think that they could take such pictures....:rolleyes:
No I cannot see Naomi or Gisele in such pictures, but I personally feel that both their careers have been creatively vapid. I mean, do we ask ourselves "would Gisele do it?" before enjoying a photo? Who cares if she would or not??

I actually think that photographers who airbrush, perk and tweak their images to a point of leaving behind the image of a real girl are tasteless. To me a real, raw work is more of a celebration of women. And the obvious tongue in cheek is funny!

As for the naivety of the girls-again, whatever makes you feel better....
Have you seen Eniko in the latest Purple? This is not a conservative girl!!!
Just an incredible model.

I am sure a lot of people would like to think that they could take such pictures....:rolleyes:
No I cannot see Naomi or Gisele in such pictures, but I personally feel that both their careers have been creatively vapid. I mean, do we ask ourselves "would Gisele do it?" before enjoying a photo? Who cares if she would or not??

I actually think that photographers who airbrush, perk and tweak their images to a point of leaving behind the image of a real girl are tasteless. To me a real, raw work is more of a celebration of women. And the obvious tongue in cheek is funny!

As for the naivety of the girls-again, whatever makes you feel better....
Have you seen Eniko in the latest Purple? This is not a conservative girl!!!
Just an incredible model.

Whatever makes me feel better? I'm sorry that you find these pictures to be incredibly tasteful. You're obviously in the minority who actually enjoys it.

And we're both expressing our opinions obviously, but I and a lot of people here are more comfortable believing that the girls were uncomfortable doing such erotic pathetic excuse of a nude shot for the sake of getting paid than believing that they actually enjoyed making love with a chicken and showing the world that they can pretend participating in a golden shower. It's a morality issue for the models and for us to believe likewise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->