Pirelli Calendar 2008 [No images from the calendar allowed]

I would have loved to see models with their their bodies painted with calligraphy and languishing on Opium beds. Or take an inspiration from Blade Runner and have a model tattooed with a dragon on her face walking half naked wearing a see through raincoat among the skyscrapers of Shanghai. These would have been inspiring photos for the calendars not the actual photos that made the cut.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really disappointed with it, but still most of them are nice, except the Doutzen Kroes and Katherine Mcneil ones, I think it's because the makeup and the pink dresses, too much for me.

I agree that this is the best, partially because it's artier, less nudity, and so forth. Don't like Doutzen or Catherine either, and cannot wait to see Agyness.

I miss the raw sex :( Of course, there are some beautiful pictures I like to look at, but overall it's missing nudity and sexiness :/

Or take an inspiration from Blade Runner and have a model tattooed with a dragon on her face walking half naked wearing a see through raincoat among the skyscrapers of Shanghai.

Okay I love Blade Runner so I agree that would be awesome.

If you go on the Pirelli site and compare this year to the previous years this one really stands out as a departure in terms of style and content.

^yeah, sure, it is very classy! but somehow... I dunno, I don't get the "spark"

History, concepts and marketing aside, when it comes right down to it for 2008 I only like May, September and December.

The photos are beautifull, but are photos from one magazine, ed any campaign NOT for a calendar pirelli, the clendars pirelli are sexy, sensual this is boring in the case pirelli

Ok, this is not maybe what we could expect from Pirelli but these are pretty amazing. I love this.

im disappointed. the pictures are gorgeous, i love the colors, but its just blah for pirelli.

I am delighted there is no nudity or overt sexiness in this edition: it makes Pirelli much more variety-oriented rather than just your very typical sleaze-fest calender. I would not be embarrassed to have this on my wall.

only one year was it really sleezy

it usually is classy, even with nudity

I am delighted there is no nudity or overt sexiness in this edition: it makes Pirelli much more variety-oriented rather than just your very typical sleaze-fest calender. I would not be embarrassed to have this on my wall.
but there are thousands of calendars out there. pirelli is supposed to have nudity... i wouldn't have put it on my wall but pirelli definately was NOT your typical sleaze-fest calendar (i wouldn't put this year's on my wall either though...). it always is very artistically done.

dresses/costumes in Japanese style, yet settings in Shanghai/China.
not a very good idea for my liking.
but i guess they don't give a ****, coz the market is mainly(almost entirely) western-oriented.

Hello everyone,

This is just a mod notice that TFS was notified once again regarding removal of all actual calendar images for Pirelli 2008. Even though they are displayed on other sites (Presumably with Pirelli's permission), the forum will be complying with the request of the company. Discussion about the images can ensue, but please do not post versions of the calendar photographs on the actual forum again -- we do not want a strike three! :(

Another moderator will probably address this issue with more detail soon :flower: Sorry for the inconvenience!

Last edited by a moderator:
^Lame again. If these pictures are availble elsewhere, why is Pirelli making such a big deal out of it? But I understand that TFS doesn't want any troubles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->