Pirelli Calendar 2008 [No images from the calendar allowed]

The calendar isn't that great anyway they can keep the images for all I care.

You're misunderstanding :flower: There was a post above Baroque Rockstar's that included pictures from the Pirelli calender, hence why she told the poster that the pictures aren't suppose to be posted ^_^

Since the post was erased due to the fact that we aren't allowed to post picture, it looked like Baroque was referring to you :smile:

Oooh help, will I get sued by Pirelli now I have one of their pics as my avatar? :unsure::(:cry:

Brett Ratner the Rush Hour (Jackie Chan) movie director had said he wants to shoot the Pirelli calendar, that would be considered his "dream." Hmmm I don't think so after the luke warm response to this year's calendar, they need someone with vision. I seriously think they need a woman photographer to shoot next years, it might add sensitivity and eroticism without becoming full on cheap. Anyone knows what photog Sheila Metzner is doing these days?

Last edited by a moderator:
A huge dissapointment gemma is ok but shes not pirelli material she isnt one of those sexy models for men or could vamp up a sexy calendar

don't mean to sound naive... but can you purchase this calendar? if so where from?

There's a feature about the new Pirelli calendar in the December issue of Photo (French edition). Demarchelier says that the lack of nudity must be blamed on Chinese autorithies, but that they tried to make up for it by working a lot on the styling of the clothes, hair and make-up

Demarchelier says that the lack of nudity must be blamed on Chinese authorities, but that they tried to make up for it by working a lot on the styling of the clothes, hair and make-up

Sounds like the choice of a Chinese location backfired on them when they got there. Did no-one realise nudity would be a problem there?

What I don't uderstand is why they didn't change location after they found out no nudity would be allowed...

What I don't uderstand is why they didn't change location after they found out no nudity would be allowed...

It's not as easy as it sounds.
Shoots like perelli cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, and a lot of time goes into production.

It's not that easy to all of a sudden fly every person on the set to a new location.

They should've known about the nudity situation beforehand. I highly doubt they just showed up and found out that it wasn't allowed. I have to say, the geisha thing REALLY annoys me :lol: You're making a big deal about launching it in China and you use something from Japanese culture? :huh:

I have to say, the geisha thing REALLY annoys me :lol: You're making a big deal about launching it in China and you use something from Japanese culture? :huh:

That Memoirs Of A Geisha movie has a lot to answer for. :doh:

^I'm definitely frustrated about the whole Japanese styling when the location is in fact Shanghai... might as well have included the whole package and shot it in Japan! It's still a great calendar though- a bit too editorial for Pirelli...

Does anyone know whether it'll be included in any magazines as a supplement? I'd love to get a copy of the images!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->