Pirelli Calendar 2014 by Peter L & Patrick D [No images from the calendar allowed]

Not to start some big discussion on what the point of the calendar is considering Pirelli is a tyre company, but are there Pirelli female staff who receive the calendar?
Obviously some may enjoy it just as some males may not enjoy it, but what would they do with the unwanted ones? Sell them?

I bought the 1994 Pirelli by Herb Ritts on ebay... and once I saw the one shot by K Lagerfeld on display in one of the bookshops in Paris... I think it was 2010 one... so I don't think it will be impossible to get it... maybe not right away but in good time... however, this one is going to be a little bit more special bcos it is an anniversary one... so we'll see...

I bought the 1994 Pirelli by Herb Ritts on ebay... and once I saw the one shot by K Lagerfeld on display in one of the bookshops in Paris... I think it was 2010 one... so I don't think it will be impossible to get it... maybe not right away but in good time... however, this one is going to be a little bit more special bcos it is an anniversary one... so we'll see...

Thank you. That is interesting.
I am not really interested in getting a copy myself, I was more wondering whether females receive a more suitable gift (assuming they did not want the calendar).
Especially when the calendar is filled with more nude shots.

So allegedly the photographer hasn't been revealed, Demarchelier and Lindberg just shot these promotional images. Also there will be an event in Milan in November for the calendar.

Here is the article from the New York Mag

The Pirelli Calendar’s 50th-Anniversary Charade
By Charlotte Cowles

“Look at her legs!” whispers Bianca Balti, pointing across the room at Alessandra Ambrosio, who has just arrived in a miniskirt. “See, she works out.”

Balti, on the other hand, does not. “I have not done one exercise in my whole life,” she says, giggling. To prepare for tomorrow’s Pirelli photo shoot, one of the modeling industry’s most renowned jobs, she will simply shave and get a pedicure from “someplace down the street, I guess.” The first time she was cast for a Pirelli calendar, in 2010, “Karl Lagerfeld wanted me because he thought the other girls were too fit,” she explains. “He told me I had a butt like a goddess, and that I shouldn’t ruin it!”

Indeed, he annual Pirelli shoot is the Mount Olympus of modeling, and for this year’s 50th-anniversary edition, the Italian brand outdid itself with a splashy photo shoot of their most popular subjects. However, the result won't be part of their usual product — an ultra-luxe pinup-calendar-slash-coffee-table-book of the world’s most beautiful women, who are (with a few notable exceptions) photographed nude — which was shot separately and will be distributed to a small list of Pirelli’s top VIPs in a few months.

To compound the buzz that typically surrounds their sexy calendars, Pirelli hosted a three-day press junket in late June, flying journalists from around the world to New York City to “experience" a Pirelli shoot (or rather, drink free wine and take day trips to the beach). To simulate the process more fully, they also hired two big-name Pirelli alumni, Peter Lindbergh and Patrick Demarchelier; this year's actual Pirelli photographer remains unnamed.

When I arrive at the Gramercy Park Hotel on a hot afternoon to interview the cast, I am ushered into a suite full of international press nibbling on fruit and macarons. One by one, we are guided into another suite, where Alek Wek, Karolina Kurkova, Helena Christensen, and Isabeli Fontana sit perched on different couches, all bright-eyed and long-legged. The room quickly fills with broken English and proffered voice recorders.

In the spirit of the anniversary, all of this year’s models are seasoned Pirelli veterans; most have appeared in multiple past calendars. For Wek, her 1999 Pirelli debut marked her first nude shoot ever. “It was with Herb Ritts,” she recalls. “My agent gave me a whole lecture about how it wasn’t going to be lewd. She said, ‘Look, the photographer isn’t going to fancy you. It’s not like that.’” But Wek wasn’t worried: “Nothing would compare to what my mum would do to my agent if anything bad happened!” She posed for the calendar again in 2000 (shot by Annie Leibovitz) and 2004 (Nick Knight). “I’ve done nude countless times since,” she says. “My mum is okay with it now.”

However, other models always remained subtly covered up. “I never really did a nude shoot,” says Ambrosio, who was previously photographed in a swimsuit by Bruce Weber for the calendar’s 2003 edition. “I’m not comfortable doing them, so I always had a G-string, or I cover my boobs” — she turns sideways and posed so that her arm covered her breast — “so it looks like I’m nude.” She prepared for the shoot by getting a little bit of a tan. “I lay out in the sun yesterday, just for a few minutes.” When another reporter asks about her favorite indulgences, she dutifully professes a taste for strawberry shortcake. “It’s nice to have in the afternoon, with tea,” she says, sipping from a glass of water.

The calendar’s most experienced subject, Isabeli Fontana, is also surprisingly modest. “I have done Pirelli, what is it, six, seven times?” she asks a nearby publicist. (It’s six, he confirms.) “I’m not comfortable with my body totally naked,” she says, thrusting out her chest in mock exhibitionism. “I was only topless two of the times I did the calendar. And I always felt so uptight showing my, my intimate parts, you know, and they always respected that, believe it or not. They were always like, 'Oh, you don’t feel like showing? It’s fine, don't worry!'” Her favorite Pirelli set? “When we were in Botswana with Peter Beard, in the middle of the jungle, with elephants, and it was dark,” she said, waving her arms with excitement. “I’m like wearing this corset, like a dominatrix, and this elephant started licking my arm! Wow!”

The following day, a fleet of cars takes journalists to the Catalina Beach Club, near Long Beach, to watch Peter Lindbergh shoot the models on the beach. It’s a hot, windy day, and the models’ hair blows everywhere as they pose in smudgy black eye makeup. Sandwiches are served, and onlookers are impressed. "Do they serve cheese plates at all fashion shoots?" wonders one reporter.

Patrick Demarchelier shoots the next day, but he works so quickly that he’s already finished up by the time we arrive at the studio. “Patrick’s resting,” says a publicist when we file in, assuring everyone that he’ll take another picture for our gawking purposes after lunch.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/08/pirelli-calendar-50th-anniversary-ambrosio-miranda-kerr.html

Last edited by a moderator:
So allegedly the photographer hasn't been revealed, Demarchelier and Lindberg just shot these promotional images. Also there will be an event in Milan in November for the calendar.

Here is the article from the New York Mag

http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/08/pirelli-calendar-50th-anniversary-ambrosio-miranda-kerr.html

I know, it is all a little bit confusing, if Bianca is a part of this calendar why is she not featured on these promo pics? Moreover, Peter Lindbergh keeps saying 7 women... either he's got problems with counting or Bianca was really there but bullied out by the other girls;-) I am joking, of course! Also, from his interview one gets an impression that he is actually shooting the calendar which is also confirmed by the other sources. Same applies to Demarchelier.

I think the line-up must be definite (even if not the final) because they quote Isabeli in this article who is trying to remember how many times she would have posed for Pirelli after having done this one...

I think it would be great if different photographers shot this calendar... different takes on these beauties...

Seeing Lindbergh's name excites and gets me hoping for some iconic group pictures.

On that ET video Helena gave an approach like a seasoned veteran and nailed the aura of the iconic shoots and what they are meant to be, Karolina gave a better view on the different women involved on the set and what the shots can be, Alessandra gave a good homage to the classic supermodels which is such an appeal to the calendar as well as to the taste and direction of the calendar is, same thing with Alek but she added on the diversity and as well as a good throwback, Miranda just sounds like an idiot... "They are current to the time that they are...um... you know, the year they are shooting, um...but they are also all about celebrating women and so am I"

Agreed, I could do nothing but shake my head as Miranda was speaking . . .

Nope, must just be coincidence. She's been topless several times. Alessandra (and I believe Isabeli as well) are the ones who are never topless.

Miranda displays her puppies whenever she gets the chance, no contracts, that's if she even has any left.

You know when is going to be presented the calendar?

okay... I think I have some news... according to Fashion TV and Telegraph, the photoshoot that we posted here has nothing to do with the actual calendar... it looks like they will be using Helmut Newton's images from the 80ies... it is a bit disappointing because I was expecting something new but the images look much more interesting that what we've seen here...;-)

What? Then why are all of those models at the press conference? Seems random if they are using old photos.

Well , actually I went to their web-site and they have a picture with 5 models by Peter Lindbergh... So I don't know! I am confused:-)

There's no "calendar 2014". It will be Calendar 1986 by Helmut Newton

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->