Prada F/W 2007.08 Milan

I'm a real fan of this! I liked last season, but I really like this one...it's not perfect, but :heart:

Not a fan.....there are things I like about it, but there are too many things I don't like.

I have the same sentiments about this as I do with the menswear. And I think Cathy Horyn really summed it up when she described it as being a mix of awkward experimentation and exeperience. There are elements in this that are so quintessentially Prada like the shift dresses and the coats, the color blocked seperates, and the overall sensibilitites of the porportions. Those all work rather well, but it delves into questionable territory with the mohair and the lawn turf pieces. I wouldn't say this is my favorite collection from Miuccia but it's not bad. I'm dissapointed there aren't more of the things I like but I commend her on looking ahead and taking some risks (not that she ever has real risks, not with all the nylon bags she sells).

Really, my favorite part is the direct parallel with the menswear collection. She had a bit of that in the last few seasons but it's very direct here. Pierre Cardin would do that, a little look back into the future perhaps. I'm excited for the Miu Miu show, I want to see how all of her ideas diffused into a different collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spike413 said:
Not a fan.....there are things I like about it, but there are too many things I don't like.
yeah, tahts how i feel. some of the coats are nice, and some pants too, but other than that its just bad

I kinda like this.... but not as much as last season's... I need time to swallow the shag fur....

brian said:
[/URL]
catwalking

lol whenever i see a prada show i fee like i am missing some inside joke. all the hype surrounding Prada makes me feel that i am not conceptual enough of "fashiony" enough if i dont like her clothes (which i normally dont). but i have to say these pants are cut very well.

Wow I love the pocket purses or whatever you'd call them. What a cool idea!

:sick:

I have a feeling that Miuccia could throw crap on a canvas, wrap it around a model, push her onto the runway and everyone would oooh and aaah, and put it in Vogue. It's like the emperor's new clothes. Those shag carpet coats are enough to turn me off for good.

xmodel citizen said:

I have a feeling that Miuccia could throw crap on a canvas, wrap it around a model, push her onto the runway and everyone would oooh and aaah, and put it in Vogue. It's like the emperor's new clothes. Those shag carpet coats are enough to turn me off for good.

:lol: so true.

Im liking the coat, after thinking of ways to wear it.

caliboy672180 said:
lol whenever i see a prada show i fee like i am missing some inside joke. all the hype surrounding Prada makes me feel that i am not conceptual enough of "fashiony" enough if i dont like her clothes (which i normally dont). but i have to say these pants are cut very well.

I think its the idea of letting yourself have some fun knowing that at retail the awkwardness (and sometimes ugliness) will be edited out. She keeps her runway looks fairly literal and pure as to what she's trying to suggest, sometimes it's good, not as good this time, but I can appreciate it.

xmodel citizen said:

My theory is that Miuccia Prada once caught the CEO of Conde Nast in some unsavoury dealings with a goat and in fear of blackmail he promised to exalt her to dizzying extremes throughout his empire despite any aesthetic revulsion and by insidious percolation it poisons us all.

There's something very refreshing and chic about the small sunglasses. After all those bug-eyed-enormous sunglasses, seeing small specks is quite humourous but also quite refreshing.
captymil12102201849italug1.jpg

yahoo

Also - can anyone explain to me the whole footwear concept: are the socks attached to the shoes?
captymil12302201850italmj4.jpg

yahoo news

Love the colours , quite like the socks and handbags but hate the overall aesthetic of the materials.

xmodel citizen said:

the back heel is shown in some of the pictures brian posted, they look cute too...the heels are slightly cone shaped from the side, thin from the back..

kuba, i dont think the socks are connected

The full collection looks better. But I still don't like it.
It's true, just because it's Prada you're supposed to ooh and aah over some disastrous outfits.

first of all i hate that fur texture, the two toned dresses and socks
but i love the colour combinations, and those neutral light pink outfits..
i also love the structured grey outfits
some of it goes back to the prada secretary look..which i love
miuccia is pretty much a genius i've come to think

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"