Prada F/W 2007.08 Milan

you know what i like? the socks! or leg warmers or whatever you call it. i like the different colors and for sure, it will be something i can afford! LOL! well, that's if they are detachable from the shoes. :-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE the shape of the shoes. The first pairs of beige/black ombre patent with the thick straps are very cute.

The collection has a very industrial feel to it; the runway introduces this concept and the clothes reflect it.

The more I see of the collection, the more I love it. It's very euro-60's-sweden-modernesque and I really love it. The shoes were brilliant and the girls looked amazing.

i think we need a rule...
you're not allowed to say "i hate this but i need to see more" when there have only been two or three photos posted...
its so frustrating to have to sort through SIX pages of "i hate this" and "this is so ugly" when the entire collection hasnt even been posted....!!....

pleeeease!!!....

thanks to those who posted photos....:flower:

kevinnn said:
Source: Style.com
thanks for posting the detail shots...but reposting the entire collection was, as usual, pointless. i was first, get over it.

please tell me im ot the only one who saw this

00210m.jpg

and thought someone skinned oscar the grouch
450px-Oscar_the_grouch_at_smithsonian.jpg

wikipedia

Dear Muicca,

Not everything has to be strange to be artsy. I like your creative ideas but wish they were executed in a more tasteful manner. Overall though you have great silhouettes and one industrail size can of fabric starch (fabric stiffner) keep up the good work!

Signed, DFELIPE.

P.S. you can borrow my hairbrush any time you wish*

really nice shoes and innovative bags. but that's where it ends

adorefaith said:
i think we need a rule...
you're not allowed to say "i hate this but i need to see more" when there have only been two or three photos posted...
its so frustrating to have to sort through SIX pages of "i hate this" and "this is so ugly" when the entire collection hasnt even been posted....!!....

pleeeease!!!....

thanks to those who posted photos....:flower:

X2!!!

brian said:
thanks for posting the detail shots...but reposting the entire collection was, as usual, pointless. i was first, get over it.

are you being sarcastic?...
i dont think it was pointless at all...
i actually didnt open up each of your thumbnails, in order to see them larger....so when the style pics were posted in full size, i was quite grateful..

:ermm:...

masquerade said:
please tell me im ot the only one who saw this

and thought someone skinned oscar the grouch
wikipedia

Mwhahahahaha, so funny! Except Oscar looks better because he's a natural green(head?body?)! Oh my, shag wasn't attractive in the 70s and it ain't attractive now! It makes me think of some sort of "Shaggin' Wagon" with a lava lamp and a hideous 8-track soundtrack.

Miuccia quotes!

The Australian:

"The idea is to do fake classic.''

"No shapes, no volume, no couture, just something with very simple materials and colours.''

"I'm sick of fur because it is everywhere, I'm bored with it.''

Telegraph:

"I became fed up with everything, bored with the way we look at fashion. I wanted to go back to my roots, when I was experimental"

International Herald Tribune:

Prada said Tuesday that she was planning to show men's and women's collections together, so that she could present "one clear idea" each season.

I actually like the front look of the shoes, but really, not anything else.

ADFoF said:
"I'm sick of fur because it is everywhere, I'm bored with it.''

So I'm guessing that seriously unattractive fuzz covering half the coats isn't any type of fur? :huh:

When I saw the first images, I thought it was going to be horrid but looking at the entire thing (thanks to brian for each of his decently sized pics, I did open them all :heart: :P ), it strikes me as a nice collection.. there's obviously the big prada element that she throws every two seasons or so and that tends to put me off, like her obsession with everything that resembles a feather and of course the eccentric accesories that ultimately only so-called 'fashionistas' end up wearing, but aside from all the nastiness she can manage to inspire me, there are some fairly beautiful pieces in the show.. I'm sure there are more to grow on me as the collection gets printed in every existing fashion magazine but so far, I have my eye on on the skirts and that blue coat... :wub:

prada3dk6.jpg

prada4jm0.jpg

prada2pr2.jpg

[catwalking]

brian said:
Catwalking is often incomplete - note how they completely passed over Raquel!

The Oscar reference, unfortunately, rings so true...

It's the culmination of hte past five seasons. It's very ill-fitting.

But I'll wait for the barrage of editorials and ALT's endorsment so in six months, I'll say "This is fecking genius!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->