Prada F/W 2007.08 Milan

I'm going to love PRADA

I love Mucia she's always make me happy!!

It's so hard to understand but it's good cause sometimes we must find our opinion to understand something. As usual her desigh such as a poem.
040.jpg
so ! I like this look.

You know, I remember when I first got into fashion and I bought my first Vogue (with Gisele, Liya, Karolina, Gemma, etc. on the cover). In that issue, they chronicled the top collections of that season, which included Prada and Jil Sander. In fashion, once someone is annointed as "brilliant", everyone is expected to follow in line, even if it is not creative or thought-provoking, let alone aesthitcally pleasing. I always feel so silly when I can't find it within me to love something when everyone is screaming about it's brilliance.

I love Nicolas Ghesquiere, but I'm willing to admit when he makes an awful collection (which is about every other season actually). I just don't see the point of lauding something simply because that is what's expected.

In the story "The Emperor's New Clothes", there's the one child in the crowd who points, giggles and shouts that the emperor is naked. In fashion, it seems like no one is willing to say those sort of things, especially not in reviews.

OK, RANT OVER! :lol:

^ i can definitely understand why people don't like prada and miuccia
for me, at first i might hate a prada collection but then i 'get it' somehow it works (the colours, how the outfits are put together etc)
i think she's innovative and original
so yeah, i'm not articulating my thoughts very well today!

It looks like a girly version of the mens collection. Which didn't really strike my fancy.

Mutterlein said:
I think its the idea of letting yourself have some fun knowing that at retail the awkwardness (and sometimes ugliness) will be edited out. She keeps her runway looks fairly literal and pure as to what she's trying to suggest, sometimes it's good, not as good this time, but I can appreciate it.
I actually have to agree with this. I was in Prada Soho about 2 weeks ago and all of the stuff for spring looks much less odd when the pieces are by themselves on the hangers.

So in that sense I expect to see some great things come out of this, but right now with that shag carpeting stuff distracting from the chic little shifts with ombre details, it's hard to determine what's really going to be in stores. There are some great textures going on by way of puckers/tucks. Unfortunatly, the main texture story seems to be the overload of that rug material.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, I looked at the pictures again, again, and again since the first pic posted here....so it's about a day...
and I still don't like it :huh:

Let's be honest, I still can't imagine how any single item from this collection can work with a regular woman's wardrobe. I don't see the tailoring either...:unsure: maybe i'm missing something...

I love those round glasses, Ive liked them for about a year but Ive been quiet b/c they're SO 90s...Im so glad they're coming back, refreshing.

I kind of hate it. Just a little bit, the bags intrigue me.

it's weird. i like it.
some of it, ie that black fringe coat is alluding to gareth pugh, and other british extremitites.

At least last season had a beautiful color pallette... this just has decent accessories.

I will never be a fan of fashion for fashion's sake and none of you can change me! :lol: (though I do like to indulge in the occassional Alexander McQueen collection and appreciate great cuts).

After seeing it all, I have to say it's so much colorful than Miuccia's usual Fall palette. I like the footwear. And a couple of pieces. The rest seems really regular. For now, anyway.

Accessory-wise this collection is innovative as ever...I'd definately wear the socks, bags, and headbands. But honestly, shag carpets do not belong on anything other than the floor. EVER. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->