US Vogue August 2016 : Gigi Hadid & Ashton Eaton by Mario Testino

I'm positively surprised.

For US Vogue and for Gigi, this is a decent cover. She steals the spotlight and the athlete (how American to call him "the greatest") is a nice addition.

Oooh I really like it! I actually really like Gigi and I think she looks good here. I like the composition of the cover, the set up is something a bit different and I enjoy that. I love that it's just Gigi looking in to the lens of the camera, it keeps the focus on her and the fashion angle while still celebrating sport and Ashton.

Beautiful, and very happy to see Ashton here.

I do have to laugh though, last time they did an "Olympic" cover, it was THE worst seller of the last five years. But whatever Anna want's, she does!

Congrats Mario, you made Gigi look like Karlie Kloss:lol:
It would have been better if we could actually see the entire action. The pose is awkward. If you're doing a sport themed cover, at least try to bring life to the cover. Gigi is just staring. I still think she's a terrible model...
I don't like this, too cheap...

Nah, I don't like this. Everything about this cover as far as Gigi is concerned comes across fake.

I really like it, even though Gigi reminds me of Nicole Richie here.

The cover is decent, but this is not what I'm expecting Gigi's first US Vogue cover to look like. I was expecting to see a very radiant smile - a smile that is inviting and captivating (Can you imagine a cover where she's in the beach and she's all smiles?). This just looks odd. She looks gorgeous, yes. (However I am having a hard time reconciling what's going on with the brows) The body is amazing, yes. But the pose? What is up with that cropped arm? Please make this a fold out cover or else this just looks odd. It looks more of an editorial shot rather than one made for a cover. I love Gigi, and I expected a lot better. But nonetheless, this is decent.

Congratulations for locking the Top 4 in less than a year!

Last edited by a moderator:
She has now covered all big fours, wow, good for her.

He is just an after thought here though, ouch!

this looks not like HF to me, definitely not vogue standard.

looks like another boring title that you see on the US newsstand...

Actually ended up much better than I envisioned. Finally, a return to form for them. All that space on top of their heads look a bit odd, but otherwise I'll take this.

And yet another summer shot for August, hope this trend continues!

It is better than I would have expected but I feel like since Teen Vogue is also doing the Olympics issue and they actually nailed it. This cover is just lackluster. I mean what's the point of having him there when he looks like a prop instead of a co-star on the cover.

I think it's a great cover, Gigi looks really good. And congrats to her, I think she is the youngest model to complete the Big Four in such a short time?

The focal point falls on to the G bottom. Who wants to be lead to see the blur in the background really.

She's come so fair and finally collected all the "Big four" Vogue covers. However the concept was not executed well with her mouth looking weird.

The cover is all wrong for me.
It's not fashion, it's not sport.

It's not "Special Edition Vogue" like Kendall:lol::lol:
That Kendall thing was such a joke!

I'm really happy for Gigi. In two years, she has accomplished a lot of things and her sister is doing her own thing.

Out of all her big 4 Vogue covers, it's her worse. Testino is done for Vogue. He can't deliver anymore. He should focus on ads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->