US Vogue August 2016 : Gigi Hadid & Ashton Eaton by Mario Testino

It's nice but I don't find Gigi dynamic enough as a model. It just feels like something that should have gone to Karlie, who, I think, would have taken it to a whole other level in terms of impact. That said, go Gigi for scoring all Big 4 covers!

I have no patience for these "theme" covers, especially the sport events ones. Pass altogether.

I was looking forward to this, because I imagined Gigi would be like Blake Lively, another effortless blonde cover girl for US Vogue. But I suppose even Gisele had her bad covers, especially when teamed with sportspeople.

My thoughts exactly! I expected an effortless and carefree cover with nothing but her smile.

I'm seriously having issues with how she's not placed in the middle. Every time I look at the cover, I find things to cringe at. sigh.

I would have preferred Gigi by herself. Sorry, but Vogue isn't Sports Illustrated. No need for pre-Olympic themed covers. Sick of Anna.

You'll stop laughing when you see the September cover... :ninja:

:o NOOOoooooooooooooooooooo

This is a complete disaster, I think Mikael Jansson would have done a better job.
well I think any photographer would have done a better job. the styling is disgusting

Poor Gigi

Yay for a shout out for Mikael Jansson.
That would have had great results.

This is good to see a model covering US Vogue for a change and she's carrying the cover herself, so I'm pleased.
Even if I'm not a huge Gigi fan.
The only thing that really bothers me is the javelin across her forehead.
But if that's the worst from Testino and US Vogue you can say it's a win.

You'll stop laughing when you see the September cover... :ninja:

Omg, you can't be serious..

KnpeOjx.gif

atrl.net

I think the cover would be improved greatly if Aston was actually looking at the camera! He is a handsome, photogenic man, why waste that? Also any Vogue US Olympic story pales in comparison to the 2008 Bejing Raquel one:heart: THAT story was magnificent and very timeless looking. Actually thinking about it now, wasn't Ashton involved in that one as well??

I usually like Gigi in her editorial work but not this time. Anna should have switched and given Kendall this cover. Lets face it, Kendall has a much better body than Gigi, she is more atheletic where as Gigi is more sexy. I do like the styling.

Well lets see if Mert and Marcus pull some magic for Sept.

Speaking of Jansson, wow did they get tried of him quickly. No covers this year from him!!!

Speaking of Jansson, wow did they get tried of him quickly. No covers this year from him!!!

Ohh I hope they don't stop with him completely, he's a great addition to their roster of cover photographers and I love his work for this magazine. Now that we're on this topic, it's been a while since Lindbergh did a cover for them isn't it? I remember it being big news when they wooed him back to Vogue but his covers are very few and far between for them.

Actually...is this Testino's first cover for them this year? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think his last cover for them was Beyonce's September one last year! That's quite a long time considering he is one of their regulars. Although I must say it's been nice to not have him for a while, even if I do like this one.

Pardon my ignorance but what is Gigi holding onto? I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's not supposed be resting on her forehead?

I like the idea of including that and the yellow surfboard? BUT the execution comes across as cumbersome and forced. Ditto on the sporty styling. That heinous bodysuit.

I like the natural lighting on Ashton's profile. Gigi looks trepidatious about the whole thing. That smokey eye look just makes her eyes look squinty and puffy.

I do appreciate the ocean scene setting. Would've been nice had they scouted, shot and identified a more distinctive aspect of that location on the cover to make it timely and historically relevant.

GOLD-MEDAL!

The cover is nice, she looks great as usual. And the editorial is pretty decent.
Overall, really average cover and editorial, but at least it's not bad.

The question is... Is she this year's Cara Delavigne or this year's Kate Upton? Cause we all know she's not the new Christy Turlington.

Karlie or Trentini were basically made for this editorial. I don't mind Gigi, but she didn't do this justice..

Cover without cover lines: Is it just me or does the kerning look off (tighter?) in the VOGUE masthead?

Referencing the full length image, everything feels very squished and that "sporty" dress is laughable. The pattern hurts my eyes while the resulting shape the two overlapping cover figures create isn't graphically pleasing or impactful.

(Apologies for the ginormous size but I can't afford image hosting at the mo)

gigi-hadid-ashton-eaton-august-2016-vogue-cover-855x1200.jpg

fashionweekday.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->