US Vogue November 2011 : Rooney Mara by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

This leads me to believe we'll be seeing a Taylor Swift cover very soon. Wasn't Anna sandwiched between the two of them at Rodarte iirc?

Anywho, it is nice to see an image that is a bit goth on the cover of American Vogue. I like that they've found a place somewhere between her own look and the look she has as the character. Definitely want to see more of this shoot.

M&M need to shoot more Vogue covers...I instantly loved it and now I know, I just really respond to their aesthetic. Hopefully this leads to more covers in 2012.

^And how exactly is this cover a good example of M&M's aesthetic? Demarchelier, McDean, Meisel or even Testino could've made this cover.

The constant lack of Meisel in US Vogue is really starting to work my nerves.

^He shot for the August and the September issue. He can't shoot for the magazine every month although I do agree that his work for US Vogue has decreased this year but his presence at W makes up for it.

^In the past he did shoot almost every month for US Vogue.

^But now he also shoots for W and Interview so maybe it's his choice to shoot less for US Vogue. Or maybe he's had a disagreement with Anna; I remember an article from the early 90's with Anna saying that he's very difficult to work but really we aren't able to know. I'm just glad that he's working for more magazines that allow him more creative freedom.

Meisel working less and less for US Vogue has nothing to do with the fact he started shooting for W and Interview. Meisel's decline in US Vogue shoots started well before that.

^Then I guess his relationship with Anna must be the best right now. That or maybe a reason we don't know. Personally I'm not bothered from his absence in US Vogue because I prefer W but maybe that's just me.

^And how exactly is this cover a good example of M&M's aesthetic? Demarchelier, McDean, Meisel or even Testino could've made this cover.

No way, I knew the minute I saw this cover that it was a very different style from the usual choices. Testino really has no imagination with Vogue US...it's so unfortunate to see the work he does for Anna. I'd like to see M&M replace his prominence. Sometimes you need to change it up, and I think now is the time.

Wow so shocked that Anna finally gave M&M a cover. I do like this a lot, she looks a bit like Anne-Catherine Lacroix here. Great to see Yaya making her second appearance in Vogue, she is goddess incarnate.

Wow what a stunning cover! And I like that they went with an "unknown" not someone who's been on loads of magazines like they usually do. And Rooney looks so pretty on Vogue although it's ruined a bit with the text. Why so much text???? It certainly draws attention away from the image. And the review makes this issue sound really good, I'll certainly be buying this issue because it features quite a lot of people I'm a fan of.

No way, I knew the minute I saw this cover that it was a very different style from the usual choices. Testino really has no imagination with Vogue US...it's so unfortunate to see the work he does for Anna. I'd like to see M&M replace his prominence. Sometimes you need to change it up, and I think now is the time.

I disagree. I think Testino has imagination, but he also has his own style...which tends to be more simplistic.
But I really loved his covers this year featuring Penelope Cruz and Emma Watson.
I thought both of those were beautiful.
But it is always nice to see something different.

HQ cover

Playing with Fire
Rooney Mara by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggot
Styled by Tonne Goodman

Full Article

vogue.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I love the Ophelia-style shots. I could have done with more of them and less studio shots, but the end result is still quite impressive.

what a great cover to redeem last month's dumpy Marilyn Monroe image they fished out of some cheap photobooth joint. none of that annoying smile we so often see in Vogue even. :heart: :heart:

Those shots in the lake are the best shots I've seen from any celebrity that was featured in US Vogue. :heart:

Her editorial's first and last images, are simply stunning. So cool to see her get this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->