Victoria's Secret models going high fashion!

thankyou tanii94 for posting all that!

here's a good one:

"_______ looks good in those VS catalog pictures... but she's still too good for VS!"

or

" I really hope ______ doesn't do the VS show, she's too good for them and it's all too tacky!"

also, http://www.fashionologie.com/ is stating that Miranda will have a Vogue Italia cover soon! I can already imagine the outrage from some people

Last edited by a moderator:
kudos to Miranda for all the work, not her biggest fan, but really am impressed by all the work she is doing. And now Vogue Italia as well, won't be long when her US Vogue cover debuts. And like Zann said, thanks tanii for the list, really puts into perspective all the work these women are doing. Can't wait for Rosie's.

does anyone else who was actually a fan of the girls of VS before the so called "switch" to HF - miranda, ale, rosie, etc - find it hilarious that people are making comments like "I normally don't like the VS girls, but this shot _____ in ______ is making me start to like her more" like these girls are somehow different than they were before?

they are the same models! just given the opportunity to shine instead of being typecast as the sexygirls all the time. I'm happy for the change overall (for different types of body types being used) I just wish the idea of beauty were more creative for some of the girls.

For example, it seemed so typical to put a girl like rosie in a "jessica-rabbit" getup for LOVE. Crystal Renn seems to always be shot in skimpy little outfits as if to put her weight on display rather than just styling her in interesting and fitting clothes. Like I said, I'm happy the industry is changing, I just hope they are a little more creative with it so it won't just be some trend this season, but by next season it will be back to the way it used to be.

/venting

Yeah I totally understand, but hopefully little by little it will get better. Its just the start.

Rosie:

Burberry A/W 2010 campaign
Burberry Cosmetic A/W 2010 campaign
Leon Max A/W 2010 campaign
Loewe A/W 2010 campaign
Harper's Bazaar Russia 2010 Cover + Editorial
LOVE A/W 2010 Cover
Purple Magazine Spring/Summer 2010 Editorial
Vogue USA July 2010 Feature

Candice:

Cosmopolitan South Africa June 2010 Cover
Marie Claire South Africa May 2010 Cover + Editorial
Vogue Paris March 2010 Editorial

Behati:

ELLE France March 2010 Cover + Editorial
ELLE Italia June 2010 Cover + Editorial
ELLE Sweden June 2010 Cover (French reprint)
i-D Summer 2010 Editorial
Marie Claire South Africa May 2010 Cover + Editorial

That's all the stuff I could find/remember.:innocent:

Upcoming Work:

Adriana:

Special projects with Katie Grand (Adriana's words not mine)
Telva

Alessandra:

Carlos Miele campaign
LOVE Editorial x2
Vogue Nippon Editorial x3

2 unknown shoots (possibly 3)

Miranda:

Vogue Italia (and lord only knows what else, she keeps her lips zipped)

Candice:

POP Editorial
V Editorial
VMan

Not sure about the other two.

lmao! Zann, that's exactly what I mean! :lol:

I'm happy for the ladies, but I will be more happy if they can keep it coming for a couple of years. you can't exactly call miranda one of the supers (yet) b/c all this high profile work is so recent whereas most other supers had consistently high profile work.

My question is whether or not Miranda would want to stay working with VS though? for one, VS is very limiting in terms of what other work she could do, but if she stays she could achieve that "best of both worlds" scenario where she could be on top in both fields. who knows...but in my opinion she seems tired of VS - it's like she's lost her spark anytime she is at one of the events.

Hmmm did Vogue forget about Heidi? Or is she no longer a VS Angel? Or does Anna not like her?

imo Heidi probably demanded the cover of US vogue or a tell-all interview and Anna was like "I'm sorry but you're out!" :shifty:

Well Heidi isn't really being in demand by HF designers right now . . .

imo Heidi probably demanded the cover of US vogue or a tell-all interview and Anna was like "I'm sorry but you're out!" :shifty:
Usually it is the magazine who wants the tell-all and the model / actress / celeb agrees to tell-all because she is trying to sell her movie or whatnot. Of course Anna "don't play that" but neither does Heidi and Heidi has been on the covers of magazines that outsell Vogue by 2-3x. So while I don't see Anna Wintour kissing Heidi's butt, at the same time AW and Vogue would by no means have the upper hand in this hypothetical situation.

Well Heidi isn't really being in demand by HF designers right now . . .
Heidi is definitely in demand by high fashion designers (off the top of my head, it seems like she has the strongest relationship with Armani) but their relationship with her has to do with the red carpet and not on the runway or in print - and let's be clear, unless she cuts them a break because it involves a charity / good cause or she is helping out a friend, the designers cannot afford her on the runway. So it is in everybody's best interest to just fly the dress and maybe even a couple of couture seamstresses to Los Angeles, having Heidi wearing an Armani, Galliano or Cavalli dress to the Golden Globes is 10x better for the designers than having her walk in their shows. But you are right if you are pointing out that Heidi's situation does not fit the angle being covered in the Vogue article.

^ you know what would make the nicest fashion truce? For Karl to invite Heidi to the Chanel runway. I hope that happens one day. There's no need for bad blood, they're two Germans to begin with, so they should stick together in the industry, not fight (well technically not fighting since Uncle Karl fired the shots, Heidi never returned fire).

well Heidi hasnt been on the VS model high fashion explosion so it only makes sense. She seems to be concetrating on her ventures outside modelling while doing a campaign and cover here and there and obviously the VS show. It still keeps her on the best paid list

But you are right if you are pointing out that Heidi's situation does not fit the angle being covered in the Vogue article.

This is what I was referring to, I also don't think that Heidi feels like fitting into sample sizes for fashion week :D

well Heidi hasnt been on the VS model high fashion explosion so it only makes sense. She seems to be concetrating on her ventures outside modelling while doing a campaign and cover here and there and obviously the VS show. It still keeps her on the best paid list

Definitely, I'm sure she's not knocking on casting directors' doors, but it would be nice to see her also ride this "HF wave" that's currently taking place.

people have an image of Ale or Adriana or Miranda or whomever as being light and pretty and that's it. but a model is a model. and if they can pose and emote and wear the clothes, then what the hell is the difference?

Yes! Exactly, with the way these VS models are depicted as by many here, you'd think after seeing the Prada and LV show there would be some light around them indicating that they are 'different' from the other models. -_-As you said, a model is a model. They're not defined and structured by a certain brand. And more power to those models who can work prominently in both areas. I'm all for the return of the versatile model. Why not.

And thank you Tani for the list of recent work! :flower:

what about Karolina Kurkova? does she count in this trend (since she hasn't been all that present in HF since she became and Angel) .. or does she not really count because for the first half of her career she was a bonafide fashion supermodel?

i still think she should count a bit. lol. cause she did turn majority commercial for a few years.

I think KK and Gisele did HF & commercial at the same time very well.

So I would not include her here because I don't think she ever really left HF like Adriana did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->