Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2017

Can we say worst VS show EVER?
Whole VISA issue managed so poorly and badly, C-list companies could have handled it much better...
The Balmain segment had the best outfits imo (I'm sucker for punk style and Balmain in general...) but they had to ruin it with multiple models posing at the same time (that was awkward af).
Rest of segments were plain tacky/ugly or just forgettable...and I'm tired of Pink being a blatant copy of Fenty x Puma, can't they just think of anything different? BAD.
Also worst and weakest performers lineup EVER! Miguel?...Seriously? I know people can't stand Taylor for her BFF thingie with like half of the cast but let's face it: SHE WOULD HAVE SLAYED THE PUNK SEGMENT SINGING "LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO".
I didn't like the runway either, I'm glad they ditched the glitter cause it looked gaudy and tacky but still...I think London 2014 had the best runway ever with the moving led panels.
Poor Ming Xi anyway, I assume this is the first time a model falls during the actual taping of the show...

TOP models:
- Karlie (OBVI)
- Veteran angels (Ale, Adriana, Candice)
- Alanna Arrington (DAMN GURL IS HOT)
- Grace Elizabeth (poor girl she always gets the worst pink outfits)
- Alexina Graham (so refreshing to see red haired models on the runway, seems like she had a blast walking another top level runway after Balmain)

FLOP models:
- Aiden Curtis
- Dilone
- Vanessa Moody (I love her but letting her close a segment is just WRONG)

Even though the show sucked can't wait to see it on 29th!
I think it's just sad to see how the fashion world is going downhill in terms of quality, entertainment and creativity...back in 2000-2005 we had the best shows with the most gorgeous models ever, had to wait days to get crap quality pictures and weeks for the actual show to be aired on TV cause there was no Instagram...nowadays we know everything about the show after like half a hour being rehearsed and recorded with 1080p videos and pictures already available but the excitement is long gone...

I actually think the preview looks good. I’m excited to see it. I loved some of the outfits in that video. Especially Stella with the wings.

Not gonna lie, Bella wasn't half bad in that clip. She actually had some swagger walking back. But she still had a little dead in the face, though.

Adriana slayed, as usual. I'm really excited to see the whole show!

Not gonna lie, Bella wasn't half bad in that clip. She actually had some swagger walking back. But she still had a little dead in the face, though.

Adriana slayed, as usual. I'm really excited to see the whole show!

I'm all with you Bella looked a thousand times better than last year I do think they gave her Gigi's outfit haha :lol:
Of course Adriana slayed it even if she could get better outfit.
I can't wait to see Frida and Grace Bol in motion who looked AMAZING...
Other than that... I do think that show is just terrible from the outfit to the atmosphere from what I saw.
Maybe I'm wrong.. We'll see when the show will air on TV

Here for Grace Bol, Blanca and Maria Borges. Everyone else go home.

Also, the Balmain looked nothing like Rousteing's recent Balmain but SS 2011.
Edit: Not that I'm complaining. I hate Balmain

Especially felt awkward when Martha was walking.

Felt awkward because the music ended before Martha left the runway. The models were holding back after Ming fell, so she can had her moment at the end of the runway!

The Chinese fans were so sweet and supportive of Ming, cheering her on :smile:

Is that the first proper fall by a model at VSFS?

Putting aside Natasha in 2005, Karolina in 2006 and Gisele in 2002 there's never really been a major mishap has there?*

*Obviously the whole VSFS has been a major mishap for several years now but let's put that aside...

Didn't Kendall fall in 2015? Or maybe she tripped.

Ed wrote a nice message for Ming Xie and Gizele on his instagram, so I hope she doesn't feel too bad.

Is that the first proper fall by a model at VSFS?

Putting aside Natasha in 2005, Karolina in 2006 and Gisele in 2002 there's never really been a major mishap has there?*

*Obviously the whole VSFS has been a major mishap for several years now but let's put that aside...

Not really, the only instances are a couple of shoes getting stuck on wings or capes. Like Naomi in 2005, it looks like she was posing and got in front of Isabeli but she did the extra turn so she wouldn't trip and free her shoe from the cape she had on. Alessandra in 2010 got her boot stuck in her wings when she was turning at the end of the runway but she just stumbled a bit and kicked it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
yup, unfortunately for Ming, she's the first major fall in VSFS history.

But back to the show - the wings this year are ah-mazing. I think I only see one repeat - it's the black wings on Romee. Alessandra's wings is a good parting gift for her.

Iirc Stam also had a mishap during the 2007 show. There was a picture somewhere. I cant find it now.

I watched the preview video and what did Martha think she was doing?
Her walk and pose were so awkward.

I saw that too ^. Martha looks a DAMN mess.

Vanessa's closing outfit was originally for Kate G, she was going to close :( Happy for Vanessa, but all that for a newcomer?

SO happy for Grace for being in a mainline section but her outfits... And poor Ming! Ed commented back to a fan saying "of course I'll forgive Ming, she's incredible" or something along those lines, but I hope I don't see the mishap in the final taping... unless they're going for some unforgettable moment with Gizele and Ming.

Karolina fell during the first segment in 2007. She was almost knocked off the runway by Julia’s wings while she was walking back.

That’s scary but I’m glad Ming is getting support for gracefully picking herself up.

Last edited by a moderator:
The highlights of the show:
The Fantasy bra on Lais
Grace Bol in punk angels (that girl is too beautiful, she slayed)
alexina and her red hair (a breath of fresh -h-air)
Candice's come back
Alessandra's emotional moment of goodbye.

I assumed Martha’s hand gesture wa some sort of Chinese thing, cause the crowd seemed to go crazy when she did it. If that’s the case then I think that’s really sweet...

If not then she wins the award for the worst pose of the year. As the defending champion Adriana is shook! LOL

Wonder if they'll actually show the fall and Gizele's help and all of that on November 28th. It might actually generate good publicity for VS.

Ed also commented on Ming's instagram: You’re a star Ming! We are always happy when you’re with us! You might have fallen, but you got up and you won!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->