Vogue Italia December 2017 : The Celebration Issue by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Haven’t we seen all this crap before in W?

Where are the days that M&M transported us to another world with their work?

LADY OF NO MAN’S LAND
Photographer: Oliver Hadlee Pearch
Stylist: Emilie Kareh
Hair: Cyndia Harvey
Make-Up: Fara Homidi
Model: Kris Grikaite & Sara Grace Wallerstedt

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

IN PARIS BY JUERGEN TELLER
Photographer: Juergen Teller
Stylist: Roberta Pinna
Model: Adwoa Aboah

STRAIGHT UP
Photographer: Nathaniel Goldberg
Stylist: George Cortina
Hair: Didier Malige
Make-Up: Diane Kendal
Model: Ashley Graham

Issa! Lea! That hilarious shot of Natasha with the chicken! Also Binx looks so good with long hair. Yas.

CODE
Photographer: Zee Nunes
Stylist: Helena Tejedor
Hair: Lucas Wilson
Make-Up: Frankie Boyd & Grace Ahn
Models: Jamily, Line Kjaergaard, Izzy Wild & Sora Choi

M&M are always such try-hards to be ~avant-garde~.

Gosh, the main ed is so Mario Testino!

They should've put Maria Carla's pic on the cover, would've made a better choice than the pics they choose as the 3 covers.

I like some of the eds inside, although not the main MM shoot. Too boring by now!

Who took over from Franca btw?

Jesus, those two hacks are shameless! They just about made direct copies of Testino's work to the point where I feel the latter have the right to call them out publicly. And yet with all the confetti and star names it still falls flat.

Zee Nunes' debut in VI? I think his work look ok here, and it's markedly different from what he did at Vogue Brazil. It's a bit all over the place and could be more coherent though.

Must say Ashley Graham has bowled me over! I'd have like to see her on the cover but I guess with the food angle it maybe wouldn't be a good idea for some. Anyway, her editorial looks splendid as is her presence and confidence here. Kudos to VI for just running this as a filler edit, nothing more, nothing less.

The rest doesn't appeal to me and it does indeed look like what you'd get in W. I know Farneti's VI is selling on the streets but I've yet to invest another issue since July. Looks like I'll have to wait for the Collections issue.

As usual with the new VI: Everything is perfectly curated but it's not distinctive enough. Weirdly the Ashley Graham ed is the standout and that has nothing to do with my love for George Cortina's work.

The main ed is cool but too crowed, too much of everything.

One thing, so Vogue Italia is not about discovering models anymore?

Why so much rage against Mert & Marcus????? They’ve always been a well-polished tribute act to the greats. They’re like those $700 Vuitton knock-offs from Korea that comes with the box, shopping bag and invoice.

And Juergen making an effort?!?!?? With the treat of a maniacally-smiling Adwoa LOL I’m convinced she’s the lovechild of Christy and Stacey McKenzie… Wished the Sara Choi edit was bigger but it’s still solid.

With that Giovanni as creative director, the art direction is never going to be anything but cheapo, I’ve made my peace with that— ugly drop-shadow and all…

I like it… enough...

I love the main ed. Classic M&M and I love that.
Yeah, it's very ''W magazine'' and the theme is nothing we havent seen it before, but still, the execution is really good and I like the cast.

This is a good issue overall, in my opinion. Considering how tragic the previous issues have been.

So many vulgar photos...Mio dio is that an orgy issue?:blink::blink::doh:

Is that me or Joan Smalls eye color has been photoshopped on the shot she is laying on the table?

W is so tragic these days.

Oh wait, this is Vogue Italia? I keep forgetting that they've hopped on the 'big photographer on cover, emo snappers inside' bandwagon. Joan's body looks slamming in that photo of her across the table but that's the only remark I have concerning this issue. That whole story does make me wish Natasha would go away for a very, very long time though. Her "modelling" in that story (+ with that hair) is really poor.

Someone please send me an SMS when Meisel decides to roll out of bed and shoot the cover again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->